Sushi at WDW

I don’t know how I want to say this, so bear with me :blush:

Let’s list all the restaurants in the entire WDW that have sushi on their menus.

Wolfgang Puck

Kona Cafe
California Grill
Tokyo Dining

Katsura Grill (QS Japan Pavilion)

Oh, and Kimonos at the Swan

Also, 1900 Park Fare had a few sushi options when we ate there for dinner.

And Teppan Edo has sushi on the menu.

I want to make sushi a whole day experience. I could eat it all day long every day.

Ugh, my DD2 had it at Katsura Grill and said it was fantastic, I on the other hand can not eat the stuff.

On one of my trips to San Francisco I was taken to what was purported to be the best Sushi restaurant in the Bay. All I remember is the taste of seaweed and something less then spectacular.

My daughter tells me I am a culinary baby,

-H

:blow: :blow: :blow: :blow: :blow: :blow: :blow: :blow: :blow:

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1111039]Ugh, my DD2 had it at Katsura Grill and said it was fantastic, I on the other hand can not eat the stuff.

On one of my trips to San Francisco I was taken to what was purported to be the best Sushi restaurant in the Bay. All I remember is the taste of seaweed and something less then spectacular.

-H[/QUOTE]

I’m with you Harry. I loathe the “seaweed” taste.:blow: I don’t mind the rice and a lot of the different fillings - but - ugh - that seaweed! I’ve tried - I’ve really tried, but I just don’t like it. I’m mystfied by how much my DDs love the stuff.

:blow: :blow: :blow: :blow: :blow: :blow: :blow: :blow:

I loathe raw fish. Sorry. I could not tell you anywhere except Japan. I admit it, I am a picky eater.

I think this sounds like a grand plan! :happy: Knowing I was going to have a long day of it might get me to try a little variety.

(At my favorite sushi place, I order the same thing every time. It’s delicious! So why not? But it would be nice to branch out.)

Also, here’s a mini side poll:

Consider the California Roll: Is mayonnaise mixed into the crab okay, or is it a hideous, disgusting notion that is just WRONG WRONG WRONG?

Ahem. Discuss.

[QUOTE=Andrea;1111058]I think this sounds like a grand plan! :happy: Knowing I was going to have a long day of it might get me to try a little variety.

(At my favorite sushi place, I order the same thing every time. It’s delicious! So why not? But it would be nice to branch out.)

Consider the California Roll: Is mayonnaise mixed into the crab okay, or is it a hideous, disgusting notion that is just WRONG WRONG WRONG?

Ahem. Discuss.[/QUOTE]

Oh my I love crab and mayo so mixed together sounds good to me. I love Tuna mixed with mayo and Salmon too mixed either with a ton of brown vinegar, or mayo-I love Sushi but not all types of it:happy:

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1111039]Ugh, my DD2 had it at Katsura Grill and said it was fantastic, I on the other hand can not eat the stuff.

-H[/QUOTE]

Your daughter is right. I say, you just stick with the noodle cart at WDW and you’ll be fine

Crab mixed with mayo is just fine. The sushi chefs do it toooooooooo

I love sushi!

I LOVE sushi also. Tokyo dining sushi looks REALLY good, I peaked while waiting to be seated at Teppan Edo; come to think of it, I believe Tepan Edo had sushi on their menu.

FYI…there’s a hidden mickey at the sushi bar near Kona Grill.

Not quite sure how you’d pull this off.
I recall that the breakfast buffet at the Dolphin used to feature Japanese breakfast items, but I haven’t been there in years.

If that’s the only breakfast option, then how about little bits of sushi from all of the places starting at the earliest lunch serving of sushi or sashimi.

Now, if there’s a Publix nearby, you could drive out and pick up several marina packs of salmon, tuna, and shrimp, plus some rainbow rolls and stash them in the fridge for breakfast the next day.
Maybe Goodings has sushi to go too, but the last time I was in there, the place looked a little dismal.

Other than that, the best sushi menus in WDW are at Kimonos, Wolfgang Puck Cafe (downstairs), and Tokyo Dining. Plus don’t forget Yoshi’s creations at California Grill.
Kona Cafe has limited hours and menu selection. Not sure what’s on offer at the new QS in Japan.

I got some sushi to go once.
I don’t understand the attraction.
I popped it in the microwave for 30 seconds when I got home.
So what, big deal.
It tasted like fish and rice with no seasoning.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

[QUOTE=Andrea;1111058]I think this sounds like a grand plan! :happy: Knowing I was going to have a long day of it might get me to try a little variety.

Ahem. Discuss.[/QUOTE]

99% of the time they use faux crab, not real crab.
You know, that surimi stuff.
There’s no mayo involved in a California roll.
Just avocado, cucumber, and faux crab.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1111089]99% of the time they use faux crab, not real crab.
You know, that surimi stuff.
There’s no mayo involved in a California roll.
Just avocado, cucumber, and faux crab.[/QUOTE]

Surimi doesn’t bother me in the least.

And a large number of places DO put in mayo and call it a California roll.