SWA check in

Hello all! I wanted to know a question about SWA 24 hour check in.
I called but was on hold for over 10 minutes so I decided to ask here:happy:

Can I call SWA to check in 24 hours in advance or is it only online?
I may have to work the day before I leave and wouldnt have internet acceess to be able to check in.

Thanks all!

I’ve always thought it was online check in but I’ve never thought about it. Do you have a friend who could check you in? We usually call someone and have them check in for us when we can’t do it. I did that for some friends a couple of day of days ago.

Im not to sure if I trust anyone I know to do it correct for me. I would probally be sitting at my desk wondering if Im in the “C” section or not :laugh:

Im going to try and call SWA back later perhaps and see if I can do it over the phone.

Ok, I actually called SW over a year ago to ask this exact question, and I was told, no you could not do it over the phone. I don’t know if that policy has changed or not since then.

I believe you have to be online. And for some flights, you can only get A passes within minutes of the correct time, which is EXACTLY 24 hours before departure.

However – I once called about 5 minutes early and got A16 and A17 (first available to non-business-members) because the flight departure time had been moved up since I had printed the itinerary.

Thanks all!!! I just called on my home number AND my cell so I didnt have to be on hold FOREVER and I was told my 2 different reps that I cant do it over the phone.

Perhaps I should call back and verify with a 3rd person :laugh:

Well, having someone else try to do it is better than not doing it at all. It’s an easy process, my DILs, who don’t know a lot about computers, checked us in a couple of years ago. If they can do it just about anyone can.

Here is a link to a cute animated SWA boarding information site:

Southwest Airlines Boarding School

And here is a link to a bit of information about how to check in “online” if you have a web-enabled phone, which I believe you do, right?

Southwest Airlines -Wireless Access

[QUOTE=MissDisney;980973]

And here is a link to a bit of information about how to check in “online” if you have a web-enabled phone, which I believe you do, right?[/QUOTE]

We did that once, it was easy. I don’t have a cool phone but my little regular cell phone worked.

When we are in Disney, I have always had a co-worker check me in. All you have to give someone is your time and confirmation number, and first name on the itinerary. It’s really easy. We bring her home something small from Disney - usually a pkg of the mints with our “snack” for being such help!

[QUOTE=MissDisney;980973]Here is a link to a cute animated SWA boarding information site:

Southwest Airlines Boarding School

And here is a link to a bit of information about how to check in “online” if you have a web-enabled phone, which I believe you do, right?

Southwest Airlines -Wireless Access[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for the link for online check in with the phone.
My phone doesnt have something loaded on it so I hope it works.

Not to highjack the thread, but DT, aren’t you suppose to be traveling to somewhere special today???