SWA Early Bird check in

EarlyBird Check-in Education - Southwest Airlines

I was wondering if anyone has used this and if so is it worth it?

Im worried that if I dont purchase it and just go with the 24 in advance check in my DD and I wont be able to sit together

I, personally, for a family of four, wouldn’t pay the extra $80 round trip. I don’t think you’ll have any trouble sitting together if you have A or B passes. Just make sure you are online at the 24 hour mark and you’ll be fine. Save that $40 bucks for a meal or souvineers :slight_smile:

When I caled SWA they advised me if enough people do the early bird check in and people who haev business class will get the A class first I may be stuck with B or C.
Do you think they will have enough B seats together? I usually always get A.

I am so disappointed that they did this. If you also read the fine print, they assign the early check ins and the anytime gets issued first then the order of the tickets with ding last. If they were going to do this, then it should be issued in the order you purchased it, or just let you pick your seat.

I actually think they should have just raised the tickets $10 if they needed to and left things as they were. I liked the system as it was.

Also, there are 4 of us traveling. I also will not pay a total of $80 extra for the early bird special.

[QUOTE=sue299;990164] If you also read the fine print, they assign the early check ins and the anytime gets issued first then the order of the tickets with ding last. If they were going to do this, then it should be issued in the order you purchased it, or just let you pick your seat.
[/QUOTE]

I did not see this. It kind of disappoints me too. With every other airline charging for everything but air to breath, I thought SW was going to stay away from that. But this seems like the first step to charging for this and that.

I agree, it’s their way to make more, but like I said I’d rather they just make an over increase when they feel they must and leave the rest alone. It works just fine! don’t break it!

I dont care for this either. I just hope that I can get a window seat AND sit with my DD when I do the 24 hour check in Friday.
I just hope they still have A and B left.

I don’t think I would worry about it. I don’t see a lot of people going for it. And the cost will add up. I never figured out how they assigned the groupings. We were in line on time, and talking to the people right behind us, they got their boarding pass that morning, and we got ours at the 24 hour mark. It was a full flight, with lots of 'C’s.

I dont think alot of people would go for the extra fee but I just want to make sure Im sitting with my minor daughter. I plan on checking in right at 24 mark. I even took off work for the big check in event:laugh:

So if you go the 24 hour before online check in, it really doesn’t save you time right? You still have to wait in the line to check your bags and stuff? It just gives you a better boarding letter? If my kids are anything on the plane like they are in the car, I would be lucky if I didn’t have to sit with them, lol

24 hour check in gets you a better boarding class. I have never been out of the A class so I really dont know what to expect I just know that I refused to let my 7 year old sit with some stranger

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You made me laugh out loud!

SHHHH that might the next money making thing…

Want a quiet trip? For only 10 bucks per kids, we promise to keep them at least 6 rows away.

:laugh::laugh: