Swan and Dolphin

Hello,
I was looking at the Swan and Dolphin for a trip in November. It would just be a small group going and we would get the teacher/nurse discount, so the price is great. We could not get the dining plan, but with the money we save on the resort it doesn’t matter. So, I’m looking for opinions of the Swan and Dolphin. Likes and dislikes!

We have stayed at the Dolphin a few years ago and I liked it. The resort was clean and the room was really nice. I really don’t have any complaints. I do prefer the Disney resorts but you cannot beat the location of the Dolphin and Swan.

I think I’ve stayed at the Dolphin as much as I’ve stayed at any one Disney resort.
It’s fine. Yes, there are the drawbacks of not being able to buy the Disney dining plan because it isn’t a Disney owned hotel, being charged to park your car overnight, and you can’t charge anything from the parks or DTD back to your room, but you do have have Disney transport and can walk to Epcot and DHS. They also have some very good dining of their own.

We stayed at the Dolphin a few years ago using the teachers discount and we loved it. Our favorite location is the Epcot area anyway. The location is perfect (we had a ground floor room facing the water). Since the Swan & Dolphin aren’t actually Disney-owned resorts, you miss out on some of the little extras, but we really loved staying there overall…

Have a great trip!