Swan and Dolphin

If you stay at the Swan and Dolphin resort at Disney World, can you stay for Extra Magic Hours? Thanks:happy:

Yes, apparently so, found this article:
The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort - Orlando Meetings, Florida

Swan and Dolphin are unique in that. They’re owned and operated by non-Disney entities but with the exceptions of not being able to charge park and DTD purchases back to your room and not being able to bet the Disney Dining Plan (or free dining), Swolphin guests get everything else Disney O&O resort guests get, free parking at the parks, direct service by Disney Transport, all EMH sessions.

I think the other slight drawback is that you cannot use Magical Express.

and the free parking isn’t “exactly” free considering you have to pay a daily resort fee that’s about equilivant to parking.:happy:

That’s the fee to self park in the Swan and Dolphin lots and the Universal hotels also charge for self parking even if you’re an overnight guest.
But, as a guest at the Swan and Dolphin, you can park in the Disney park lots for no additional charge.

Right Skwak, no Magical Express for Swolphin guests.

We have stayed at Swan in the past. Very nice hotel and you can’t beat the location. They often run specials that are really dandy.

We would stay there again for sure!

Yes, as said above, you can do the EMH. Because I like to use one of the DDP, those resorts would never be a consideration for me. I like having my meals combined into my stay and only have the worry of spending money to take with me. Just my opinion. Swan/Dolphin tends to offer serious deals that may be better than having a handy-dandy package.

Thank all of you guys! I appreciate it. :happy:

Dixie-- thanks For the article! :heart: it was very informing.:happy::laugh:

And you can use the Tables in Wonderland at many of their sit down restaurants.
Not at the Cabana Bar and Beach Club or the Dolphin Fountain
I’ve used it at Shula’s, Kimono’s and Il Mulino’s.

Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;1078994]And you can use the Tables in Wonderland at many of their sit down restaurants.
Not at the Cabana Bar and Beach Club or the Dolphin Fountain
I’ve used it at Shula’s, Kimono’s and Il Mulino’s.

Frank[/QUOTE]

IL Mulano is really quite good!

Now I like that one!!! I’ve never heard that. I’ll have to say that one to DH and see if he gets it. He is always laughing at me.

That’s a pretty standard contraction of the two names. I’m surprised you haven’t seen it before.

Nope never heard that one.

I supose you could stay till after hours… Hmmm, but Ive herd ALOT of GREAT things about the swan and dolphin resort :heart: And also Ive heard things about boardwalk and yacht club. So I`d have to say yes you could.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1078223]That’s the fee to self park in the Swan and Dolphin lots and the Universal hotels also charge for self parking even if you’re an overnight guest.
But, as a guest at the Swan and Dolphin, you can park in the Disney park lots for no additional charge.

Right Skwak, no Magical Express for Swolphin guests.[/QUOTE]

SG to my understanding that’s not a parking fee but rather a mandatory resort fee regardless if you have a car or not. This is what it covers-

The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin has a $13.50 per night mandatory resort service package. The package includes: unlimited access to the Resort’s Health Club Facilities, unlimited access to in-room high speed internet, up to 60 minutes free local, toll free and credit card access calls, 2 bottles of water daily, and 20 minutes of domestic long distance per day.

To the best of my memory, there is the “mandatory” resort fee, to which I ask “Why don’t you just fold the $13.50 extra into the actual room rate?” and there is also the fee for self parking at Swolphin.
However, I don’t have a receipt available to say for sure.

I agree 100% on those “mandatory” fees. Last trip to N.O. we were charged a fee to activate the phone in the room. Um…we don’t need a phone, we have our cells. Doesn’t matter, you stay in the room you pay for the phone whether you use it or not. I could feel the same re Swolfin since I have data on my phone I wouldn’t use any of those services while there either, except maybe the water :happy:

Used to be an option.
Not any more.
I think it was 10 bucks a year ago.
Frank