Swan xbox compatible?

Does anyone know if a guest can bring their xbox to the Swan and hook up to the in-room tv?

You are kidding, right?

:confused: I don’t know if one can, I just wonder why one would want to?

Because the kids just have to have it and it’s cheaper than having to pay to rent games the same as pay per view movies.

Most, if not all, of the TVs at Swolphin (and the Disney hotels as well) have simple auxiliary inputs that feature stereo audio in and composite (single jack, not 3 jack component video).
If the X-Box has a composite video out, then yes. The same goes for portable DVD players and camcorders. We hook our portable DVD player up all the time.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;988619]Most, if not all, of the TVs at Swolphin (and the Disney hotels as well) have simple auxiliary inputs that feature stereo audio in and composite (single jack, not 3 jack component video).
If the X-Box has a composite video out, then yes. The same goes for portable DVD players and camcorders. We hook our portable DVD player up all the time.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Kids young and old alike may not always be at the park and need to be kept occupied day or night :laugh:.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;988619]Because the kids just have to have it and it’s cheaper than having to pay to rent games the same as pay per view movies.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. After spending a week this summer with my 6 teenage cousins at the beach I agree with this. No matter WHERE you are they’ll want to bring it…even if it is the happiest place on earth.

I get the wanting to entertain issue, I have three of my own, but they should be able to go without it on a vacation! Try a book, or even the pool or hotel game room! Sorry, I don’t really mean to start a fued over the subject but it just seems that kids need to know how to amuse themselves or relax without the video games! We have xbox and DS but it drives me crazy when they think they cannot do anything else!

Ok, now to answer your Q, I would think they are set up to allow for such a thing!

[QUOTE=NokeyNose;988679]I get the wanting to entertain issue, I have three of my own, but they should be able to go without it on a vacation! Try a book, or even the pool or hotel game room! Sorry, I don’t really mean to start a fued over the subject but it just seems that kids need to know how to amuse themselves or relax without the video games! We have xbox and DS but it drives me crazy when they think they cannot do anything else!

Ok, now to answer your Q, I would think they are set up to allow for such a thing![/QUOTE]

Teenage boys relaxing by the pool reading a book… :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

In a fantasy world, maybe.

[QUOTE=NokeyNose;988679]I get the wanting to entertain issue, I have three of my own, but they should be able to go without it on a vacation! Try a book, or even the pool or hotel game room! Sorry, I don’t really mean to start a fued over the subject but it just seems that kids need to know how to amuse themselves or relax without the video games! We have xbox and DS but it drives me crazy when they think they cannot do anything else!

Ok, now to answer your Q, I would think they are set up to allow for such a thing![/QUOTE]

I am so in agreement with you. How about just enjoying not doing the same old thing. My boys “travel” between friends’ houses with their 3 or 4 Xboxes, but on vacation we don’t even turn on the TV.
Ok, I am done. sorry :blush:

I would consider bringing one only for those rainy complete washed out days when most anything out of doors is extremely limited, esp in the eve.
But, if the sun’s a shining hit the pavement baby.:laugh:

We don’t bother with gaming systems on vacation but my son does take his DS when we travel. It helps to pass the time waiting in the airport and gives him something to do during the flight.

Back in 84 when I was on the road I bought an Atari 5200 and usually set it up in my motel room. It saved a bunch of quarters and countered the problem of not much worth watching being on TV.

I am sure the TVs are capable of handling an Xbox. Bring it if you all enjoy it. It’s your vacation and you should bring what you want. Different strokes for different folks. Have fun!

Ok now we all know that there’s a difference between working on the road and having to live in hotels and being on vaction.

How about a board game instead?

[QUOTE=Dopey;988741]Ok now we all know that there’s a difference between working on the road and having to live in hotels and being on vacation.

How about a board game instead?[/QUOTE]

Right, like we’ve got time to run a game of Monopoly or worse, a WW2 war game. Even D&D wouldn’t work.
Oh, you mean for your kids? Teach them chess.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;988783]Right, like we’ve got time to run a game of Monopoly or worse, a WW2 war game. Even D&D wouldn’t work.
Oh, you mean for your kids? Teach them chess.[/QUOTE]

:laugh:rofl

I am amazed to see how many assume the Xbox is for a child - it is my husband that wants to bring it to pass the time on the 1 day I am at my satellite office working all day. After that, we’ll hit the parks all day!! :slight_smile:

ROFL!!! Reminds me of the scenario in the movie Tin Cup, about Dr. treating the kid, who is his parent, the father is with him, etc… lol!

I guess this explanation changes my feelings on the subject! Ooops!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;988783]Right, like we’ve got time to run a game of Monopoly or worse, a WW2 war game. Even D&D wouldn’t work.
Oh, you mean for your kids? Teach them chess.[/QUOTE]

That’s what I meant by board game. There are a few others that can be played on that same board as well :wink:

We always bring the hand held video games with us, they are great for down times, and for airports, etc.

To each his own, and its EVERYBODY’s vacation, right? :slight_smile: