Swan

May have an opportunity to spend vacation at the Swan hotel. can anyone tell me the good and/or bad. Thanks!

If you have the opportunity to be there, DO IT!

You will have boat service to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, and you will have seriously comfortable beds! Bus service shares with Dolphin and YC/BC. Beautiful views from all rooms, including fireworks from a lot of them. Not the greatest selection of restaurant options in the building itself, but you can just stroll over to Dolphin, Boardwalk, Yacht Club or Beach Club for more places to eat. Extremely fun area to be in at night especially. Excellent miniature golf across the street.

Swan (and Dolphin) are every bit as good as anything that Disney is offering and easily goes toe to toe with the three Disney hotels on Crescent Lake.
Plus, there is a good chance you’ll get some sort of discounted rate that will make it much more affordable than any Disney deluxe.
The downside is that you can’t buy the Disney Dining Plans if you are a guest at Dolphin or Swan. The upside is that Disney Transport services Swan and Dolphin, unlike the DTD hotels, and also participates in Extra Magic Hours the same as if they were Disney O&O hotels.

Stayed there for 10 nites about 6years ago when my sister was married there…FAB-U-LOUS. The beds are Heavenly. The balcony nice. We are partial to The Beach Club…but I would not hestiate to stay at The Swan again. Agree with the other MBer, the restaurants are not plentiful or fabulous there. Only other complaint is I thought the hotel staff (front desk) could have been friendlier.

A note about balconies at Swan and Dolphin: most rooms don’t have one.
Only every other room on the wings that project from the main buildings have balconies.

Definitely go for it, have stayed at both the Swan and Dolphin and loved it. For me it seems like it is very centrally located to all the parks and other attractions and the transportation is superior to some of the other resorts.