Sweet Fun Now Offered Nightly at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Sharing this from the MouseSavers website: Anyone staying at GF?

[I]There’s a lot “s’more” new fun in store at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa each evening when guests staying at the resort can roast marshmallows around a Mickey-shaped campfire, sing favorite camp tunes on the shore of Seven Seas Lagoon and see the “stars” – both on the silver screen and in the sky – as they watch a family-friendly Disney film on the moonlit beach. S’mores kits and marshmallows are available for purchase during the campfire and movie.
[/I]
Sounds like fun, I have been to the one at FW a few times. I think anyone would enjoy this.

Is it held all year long, or only during the winter season like POR?

Not sure, what you see is exactly the information I got. I didn’t know they offered this at POR or anywhere else.

POR does the campfire and s’mores, but only during winter season (not sure of the exact dates). We usually travel in the spring and we always miss it because they end once the time changes and it isn’t dark as early in the evenings.
Also the Beach Club does a similar s’more/movie in the evenings (never been but saw it advertised on our trip this spring).

Very cool…I wonder if you have to be staying at GF to enjoy this, or if you can be a Disney Resort Guest at ANY resort? :confused:

It has been going on for a few months. They were doing it at the Polynesian and the GF along with trying out doing movies at different times for a few years now but they now have the campfire and movies at the beach between the GF and the Polynesian (just past the Wedding Pavilion and it is being offered on the activity sheet for both the Grand Floridian and the Polynesian. Guest will get the information at check in and from what I am told will be ongoing…well until they decide to change their minds again :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=timkelmom;959925]Sharing this from the MouseSavers website: Anyone staying at GF?

There’s a lot “s’more” new fun in store at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa each evening when guests staying at the resort can roast marshmallows around a Mickey-shaped campfire, sing favorite camp tunes on the shore of Seven Seas Lagoon and see the “stars” – both on the silver screen and in the sky – as they watch a family-friendly Disney film on the moonlit beach. S’mores kits and marshmallows are available for purchase during the campfire and movie.

Sounds like fun, I have been to the one at FW a few times. I think anyone would enjoy this.[/QUOTE]

I’d look for this at the Yacht/Beach in the near future to go along with their “Movies Under The Stars”, if they aren’t doing it there already.

Baloo and I took a beach stroll on Wednesday night this week and saw “Ratatouille” being played. They had a pretty good crowd! The screen was a pretty good size and the sound was GREAT for being outdoors.

[QUOTE=Mickey Mom;959979]POR does the campfire and s’mores, but only during winter season (not sure of the exact dates). We usually travel in the spring and we always miss it because they end once the time changes and it isn’t dark as early in the evenings.
Also the Beach Club does a similar s’more/movie in the evenings (never been but saw it advertised on our trip this spring).[/QUOTE]

Well, I am glad to hear that this is a popular program at several resorts. I hope you get to attend at least once.

I think you have to be a GF resort guest.

Thanks for the info. Have you attended? I hope guests enjoy it so that there is a lot of interest and it stays around for a while.

That sounds like a definite possibility. I’ll bet if it is popular at the other location, you may see it here as well.

Wow, thanks for filling us in.

Believe it our not, even the values put up outdoor movie screens by the pool! We’ve seen it at POP a few time . . . no s’mores or campfires though.

I have not seen it since they moved it over to the GF beach. I am only going off the info they have in the activities sheet that the concierge sent me from the Polynesian. They use to have the movies at Sunset pointe.

You are right. DD and I watched HSM 2 one evening by the pool at Pop.