Sweet Tomatoes Restaurant

Good news for those near Disney and who like Sweet Tomatoes restaurants. There’s one coming to the Crossroads Shopping Center near Downtown Disney.

If you’ve never been to a Sweet Tomatoes, it’s sort of a soup, salad and bakery buffet. You start at a huge salad bar, then after paying and being getting your table, you head to the hot bar for pasta, breads, potatoes and many kinds of soup. Then top it off with a trip to the dessert bar.

I don’t know the opening date, but from the looks of the building, it’s a month or two away. It’s a new building in the back of the plaza near the mini-golf. This is Sweet Tomatoes’ second location in the Orlando tourist area. The first one is located near Universal on the corner of Kirkman Road and International Drive.

I love that idea. I have never heard of a Sweet tomatoes, but I have had a place like that down in south Florida when we lived there a few years ago.

Oh my gosh… I used to love sweet tomatoes. I don’t think we have one In nj but I used to go in fort lauderdale a lot. Tigger… Soundgod, is the one in coral springs still there?

That sounds good! I have seen the other one near Universal when we have been coming back from mall shopping but because we didn’t know what kind of foods they served we never called in- so thanks for the info thats terrific.

That would be great. We have 4 or 5 in the Tampa Bay Area.
There is allot to eat even if you are not into salad alone.

[QUOTE=buzz2001;945461]Good news for those near Disney and who like Sweet Tomatoes restaurants. There’s one coming to the Crossroads Shopping Center near Downtown Disney.

If you’ve never been to a Sweet Tomatoes, it’s sort of a soup, salad and bakery buffet. You start at a huge salad bar, then after paying and being getting your table, you head to the hot bar for pasta, breads, potatoes and many kinds of soup. Then top it off with a trip to the dessert bar.

I don’t know the opening date, but from the looks of the building, it’s a month or two away. It’s a new building in the back of the plaza near the mini-golf. This is Sweet Tomatoes’ second location in the Orlando tourist area. The first one is located near Universal on the corner of Kirkman Road and International Drive.[/QUOTE]
Cool. We used to have that exact concept in Santa Rosa, Ca. about 20 years ago, but that wasn’t the name. It is a really interesting way to have lunch :smile:

I love Sweet Tomatos but I’m not going to eat somewhere while in WDW that I can have at home! That’s boring.

I went to one Sweet Tomatoes about 10 years ago and I still remember HOW good it was!!! Yummy!

Yum… I love the broccoli salad… YUm…

Don’t know why, but I thought there already was one there.

I :heart: the tuna terragon salad. I wouldn’t go off property to seek it out, but I really do like Sweet Tomatoes.

I went out to lunch today… I wish we’d thought of Sweet Tomatoes!