Table service opinions

I need opinions.

First, Tusker House. Breakfast or Lunch? We have eaten breakfast a couple of times and thought that it was fantastic food and character interaction. Now that they have characters at lunch, I am considering going then instead. How much do you like the lunch menu compared to breakfast?

Second, 50’s Prime Time food vs Chef Mickey’s both for dinner. We have eaten at Chef Mickey’s and it was so, so, but have never eaten at Prime Time. Maybe I should shoot for a totally different option? Ideas? :blush::laugh:

We love 'Ohana dinner and Garden Grill and already have ADR’s for those.

Thanks in advance!!

Tusker -breakfast. The lunch menu is too not my style.

Chef Mickey’s will never be picked by me because I got super sick from it - go to 50’s.

Is Chef Mickeys still a buffet? That’s a big difference from Table Service at Prime Time.

We haven’t been to C.M. in years–it was nice to have the characters come around but I wasn’t impressed with the food.

We usually eat at P.T every visit. Good menu with something for everyone. It is rather a loud restaurant, but fun.

I love Tusker house for breakfast, and if you haven’t been to Prime Time you should try it. It is a little loud as SW said, but it is a lot of fun. Something you should experience at least once.

Have only done Chef Mickey’s for breakfast. Prime time is cool. Loved the way the wait staff stayed in character. On our last trip the waiter was explaining the restaurant and menu and I started interpreting in sign language (DW is hard of hearing). Everyone in our section stopped talking. He looked around and commented on how everyone was so curteous to stop talking - so the deaf lady could hear?! Everyone (including my wife) got a real kick out of it.

Oh - the food. Get the sampler (forget the name on the menu) Got small portions of 3 different entrees to try, plus veggies. Pretty cool.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1139095]Is Chef Mickeys still a buffet? That’s a big difference from Table Service at Prime Time.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, CM is a buffet.

I was actually thinking that the sampler would be a great idea for my husband.:heart:

Thanks to everyone for the opinions. :wub: I have a friend that did PT twice, she loved it the first time and the second time, she said service was not that great, not the same experience that she had before. Maybe they went on an “off day.” :ohmy:

[QUOTE=ATinkatheart;1139117

Thanks to everyone for the opinions. :wub: I have a friend that did PT twice, she loved it the first time and the second time, she said service was not that great, not the same experience that she had before. Maybe they went on an “off day.” :ohmy:[/QUOTE]

It’s the wait staff that really make or break the experience at Prime Time - I guess it’s luck of the draw, but the food is definitely better than Chef Mickey’s.

I have never had Tusker House, so no opinion there.

As for Chef Mickey’s for dinner, have not had that either, but have had other buffet dinners, I just can’t justify the extra cost for Chef Mickey’s, I realize it is a character meal, which adds to the cost.

I do love 50’s Prime Time tho, we always go there, love the Pot Roast!