Table Service vs. Quick Service

I’m new to the dining plans. I see that a table service meal can be used for most character dining experiences. However, does a quick service meal exchange for anything? We’re looking at the Quick Service plan with two quick service meals and two snacks daily, but I was wondering if any of the quick service meals could be exchanged for a character meal as well? Can someone clarify? THANKS!

Welcome to MB! This is the best place to be to get all your questions answered. To answer your question, only table service credits are exchanged for Character meals, if you are booking character meals be sure to pay attention because some take up 2 table service credits.

Welcome to MouseBuzz :flowers:

As far as I know, with the counter service plan you cannot change things. It is what it is. But it seems to be a pretty good deal. Maybe paying out of pocket for one or two character meals might not be a bad idea?

No but I wish they would. I’d much rather exchange two quick service for one table service than upgrade to deluxe… But that’s just what they want - more money! :laugh:

Thanks for your quick response. I’m amazed!!! :slight_smile:

We’re staying at Saratoga Springs in June. Just wondering if the dining plan was worth it when we have a full kitchen too.

Thanks! I can’t believe how quick this was! We’re staying at Saratoga Springs in June. Just wondering if the dining plan was worth it as we’ll have a kitchen. 4 adults and 5 children.

We were on the dining plan last Nov. and I loved it. We had 1 TS, 1 CS, and !snack. It was well worth it for me. I think it is somewhere arounf $40.00 per night.

We’re flying in late on our first night. We won’t arrive at Disney until after 8 pm. Do I have to count this night on the dining plan? Seems like a huge waste.

Yep, that first night counts.

When we did the DDP, though, we used this “extra” credit to do an extra table service meal or to do one of the 2 credit meals. We had a harder time using up the quick service credits and the snack credits.

Bruce

No, as far as I know you cannot use two toward a character meal. I opted to try the quick service meal plan last trip and will definately use it again. I did two sit down meals and just paid out of pocket for them. What appealed to me most about the QSP was the no rushing. I didn’t really have to be anywhere at a certain time and that made for a more relaxed trip. I had great counter meals that would rival any sit down meal. the best deal in the “world” is Wolf Gang puck’s Express at DTD. That is the best deal for quick service. It’s the same quality and variety of a table service without an advance dining reservation…totally worth it.

That really depends on your family, how you eat, and what you plan to eat. If you plan to do a lot of character meals, those are buffets, and for most, it’s a better deal to not do DDP. If you do decide to do DDP and plan to eat at Cinderella’s Royal Table, I’d recommend not using dining credits on that (two dining credits for a $35 meal… when you could eat $35 worth per meal at LeCellier, San Angel Inn, Tutto Italia, or any other expensive one credit restaurant). However, if you’re on the Deluxe DDP, you might as well get in as many 2-credit restaurants as you can.

Whether or not it’s worth it… I’m not sure. If you go in and order the most expensive thing on the menu, then you’re maximizing the deal. (If we ever do DDP, I’m definitely going to calculate the price of each meal and see how it compares to the price of the overall plan… I think it would probably save money.)

My family doesn’t do DDP because it’s not flexible enough for us. We like to eat two table service restaurants one day, then one another. The Deluxe DDP gives us enough credits… but more than we really need. We need a dining plan that gives us two table service, one quick service credit, and one snack credit a day.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;943503]
My family doesn’t do DDP because it’s not flexible enough for us. We like to eat two table service restaurants one day, then one another. The Deluxe DDP gives us enough credits… but more than we really need. We need a dining plan that gives us two table service, one quick service credit, and one snack credit a day.[/QUOTE]

You could still utilize the plan and pay out of pocket for extra meals…it’s more cost effective then paying out of pocket for all of it.

Yeah, I’m trying to figure out the best way to do it. We’re weird and often eat only two meals a day. Suppose we could book buffets off of DDP then book other restaurants on DDP… only I want some signature restaurants, and I cannot decide if it’s a good deal to spend two credits on that or not. :pinch:

Sorry, I’m threadjacking. :blush:

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;943503]That really depends on your family, how you eat, and what you plan to eat. If you plan to do a lot of character meals, those are buffets, and for most, it’s a better deal to not do DDP. If you do decide to do DDP and plan to eat at Cinderella’s Royal Table, I’d recommend not using dining credits on that (two dining credits for a $35 meal… when you could eat $35 worth per meal at LeCellier, San Angel Inn, Tutto Italia, or any other expensive one credit restaurant). However, if you’re on the Deluxe DDP, you might as well get in as many 2-credit restaurants as you can.

Whether or not it’s worth it… I’m not sure. If you go in and order the most expensive thing on the menu, then you’re maximizing the deal. (If we ever do DDP, I’m definitely going to calculate the price of each meal and see how it compares to the price of the overall plan… I think it would probably save money.)

My family doesn’t do DDP because it’s not flexible enough for us. We like to eat two table service restaurants one day, then one another. The Deluxe DDP gives us enough credits… but more than we really need. We need a dining plan that gives us two table service, one quick service credit, and one snack credit a day.[/QUOTE]

Victoria, couldn’t you still use the deluxe dining? It gives you 3 meals per day and I think 2 snacks. It does not define how you use the meals, they could be TS or CS. So, there is your 2 TS and I CS and snack per day!

The regular dining plan is only $10 more than the quick service one. Why don’t you just upgrade to that one and then you can do character meals!

Plus, there is more than enough food on the regular dining plan. Decide how much you will be in your room, then decide how much you will be in the parks. It is easy to stay all day- even with little kids… Then, just decide where you want to eat. We did the dining plan, and then we could do a character meal every day. Different park, different characters, then different place to eat. We all loved it. Sometimes, it was a buffet, sometimes it was not… You have tons and tons of choices. I would do the dining plan, which is fun… However if you don’t plan ahead, and if you go at a busy time of year, you can’t get reservations very closely to your travel time and it can be frustrating. Plan ahead and surprise the family with meals every day… It is worth the planning effort. We love to help too…

With the changes in the dining plan, using 2 points for the signature meals is not nearly a good deal anymore. You don’t get those four $12-18 appetizers and you still have to get the tip. I priced out Cal. Grill for a typical meal for us and it’s not worth two points. I kind of use the rule of thumb:

Snack allowance $3
Counter service allowance $11
Table service allowance $26

Every dollar your TS costs over $26 (approx.) on the DDP is gravy (no pun intended).

Everyone’s pretty much answered your question, so I just wanted to say, Welcome to MB!!! Hope you’ll have a great time here and at the “World.”