Tables in Wonderland and payment

Hi,
If the TIW card is in my name, and a friend wants to pay for the meal w a credit card, is this permissible??
Thx.
Frank

I copied this from the Tables in Wonderland site:

“Tables in Wonderland memberships are non-transferrable.* The Tables in Wonderland member must be in attendance at the meal, present the Tables in Wonderland card, a driver’s license or state ID, and pay for the meal, in order to apply the discount.”

It says the member must pay for the meal. You may find a server who would let you but don’t expect it.

I apologize for the repeats… my computer appeared to click off and the post appeared not to register…again, I apologize for the repeat post.
Frank

Ahh… I will be there… Guess cash is king<G>. Thx.
Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;1127683]Ahh… I will be there… Guess cash is king<G>. Thx.
Frank[/QUOTE]

Last summer I dined with a friend and another couple using the TiW card. I was prepared to pay for everyone and settle up later but our server split the checks and applied the discount to each check allowing everyone to pay with their own credit card. I didn’t expect it but it was nice not to have to settle up later. I wouldn’t expect a server to let you but you may get lucky.

>> applied the discount to each check <<

That’s nice. I’ve found most of the CMs to be pretty reasonable.
Dinner will be at Flying Fish. Guess it’s who you have as a server that nite.
Thx.
Frank

I’m just wondering out loud now, but what difference does it make WHO pays if the cardholder is among the diners?? Seriously???
Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;1127688]>> applied the discount to each check <<

That’s nice. I’ve found most of the CMs to be pretty reasonable.
Dinner will be at Flying Fish. Guess it’s who you have as a server that nite.
Thx.
Frank[/QUOTE]

It really is. I always go in expecting to follow the rules and appreciate it when someone is flexible. It doesn’t hurt to ask nicely either. We didn’t even ask, our server offered. We had two extra nice servers that night that our party just clicked with.

I have had others pay for the meal on my TIW card but since the wording is there you never know.

We have had it both ways. 90% of the time they just want to see the card and they are good to go. And even when splitting the check it has been applied to all checks. But every now and then you run into a server who follows the exact wording. I can’t fault them. If it happens we just settle up later. Not worth getting grumpy about someone doing their job according to what the rules say.

I believe on our last trip some restaurants requested the card there is a magnetic strip on the back,I could have sworn they said they needed to swipe it…but that being said I would have to agree with most,that the server can easily take care of any issue…one of my issues with the card is if for some families the wife takes the kids to one place and the husband goes with others to a different place or golf and instead of having more than one card for husband and wife etc.you have to pay for another card…we are strongly considering not renewing it the next time.We got 4 trips out of this card,but looking ahead we know we have at least one trip planned and maybe two but given the increase in cost,and the requirement of an 18% tip on any sit down including buffets the value will be diminished greatly…as you know the price for premium pasholders has gone up to $100…that’s a different bar to climb just to break even

Previously, only a manager could approve the TIW card. Recently that all changed. CM’s can scan the card in, I guess. That may be the swipe they referred to.
Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;1127726]Previously, only a manager could approve the TIW card. Recently that all changed. CM’s can scan the card in, I guess. That may be the swipe they referred to.
Frank[/QUOTE]

thanks,that should make it a little easier to have someone else pay at the table ,no…in that regard it must be nice when we go with certain people we always pay no matter what…that would be an in-law

I was with a group of people at CRT to which my friend already paid, and then I remembered my TIW card. Showed it to the CM and asked if it was too late. Nope. Took the card, returned with the card handing it back to me, and then handing my friend a credit receipt towards her credit card she used to pay for it.

Now, AP discounts on the other hand, this past trip every single CM viewed my AP, AP Signature and Drivers License. They were really on spot with following that rule.

Our TIW card is in my name, but DH has used his credit card to pay the bill. In fact, that’s how it almost always works. Actually, I can’t think of a single time I have actually paid the bill when DH is at the table. Wow, we’re like cavepeople.

[QUOTE=bethishooked;1127738]I was with a group of people at CRT to which my friend already paid, and then I remembered my TIW card. Showed it to the CM and asked if it was too late. Nope. Took the card, returned with the card handing it back to me, and then handing my friend a credit receipt towards her credit card she used to pay for it.

Now, AP discounts on the other hand, this past trip every single CM viewed my AP, AP Signature and Drivers License. They were really on spot with following that rule.[/QUOTE]

fantastic,now that’s service

A caveat to the swipy thing w the TIW card is that it doesn’t work yet at the Swan or Dolphin restaurants. The Big 4, Shula’s, Blue Zoo, Il Mulino’s and Kimono’s all take TIW, but still need Manager approval.
Frank

I am not familiar with the TIW. Reading this thread, i am trying to determine what would be any negatives with the following:

Vacation in September
4 adults
1 child (5)
1 infant (17 mths)

2 adults are DVC

Staying at BLT

Using DP

Considering one of the DVCers purchasing TIW

???

[QUOTE=mrsmouse;1127816]I am not familiar with the TIW. Reading this thread, i am trying to determine what would be any negatives with the following:

Vacation in September
4 adults
1 child (5)
1 infant (17 mths)

2 adults are DVC

Staying at BLT

Using DP

Considering one of the DVCers purchasing TIW

???[/QUOTE]

I can not see what the negative is - just yet. There is another thread ‘A dead horse’ where we (here) are discussing just this point. I am trying to figure is I should get the Dp + TiW orsome other option (just one or the other).

[QUOTE=mrsmouse;1127816]I am not familiar with the TIW. Reading this thread, i am trying to determine what would be any negatives with the following:
[/QUOTE]

If you like the idea of having a carefree, bill-free day, then the DDP is right for you and your party if you are into the format of the meals – for instance, dinner is an entree, a non-alcoholic beverage and a dessert (or a full adult buffet and a soda). The downside is that your alcohol is not included, nor are any appetizers.

Lots of people like the DDP because it allows them to try foods they otherwise might hesitate to order in favor of less-expensive entrees if they were paying out of pocket.

The DDP is probably sensible if you like to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner. If your style is to eat less than that, you’d be paying for DDP meals you won’t be eating anyway, and so the cost may not make sense in the end because you would be spending less on two meals a day than you would on the full DDP.

TIW allows you to order absolutely anything you want to eat or drink, but it only offers a discount on the bill (alcohol included), so you still have to pay at the end of each meal at the discounted rate.

TIW is only sensible if you feel strongly about ordering a combination of foods other than entree/dessert/soda. or if you intend to have cocktails or wine.

For our family, dinner is usually a bottle of wine, cocktails and some string of appetizers. We also usually do not eat more than two meals a day. The DDP will not serve our needs.