Tables in Wonderland Card

I am seeing more and more references to the TIW cards, and are beginning to pay attention to what this is and its benefits. Can someone please list the cost, and what it actually does. For our Sept. trip we are planning on skipping DDP and paying OOP for our meals, so I’m wondering if this card is a good fit for our trip.

Thanks!

The card saves you 20% at most sit down restaurants and a few quick service restaurants. An 18% tip is added At sit down restaurants but most people are going to tip anyway so that’s not an issue to us. It basically covers our tips at all our sit down meals and then a little. The savings can really add up over a trip if you eat at one sit down restaurant per day.

It costs $75 and you must have an AP or be a Florida resident.

Is there a site anywhere that lists the restaurants? I’m thinking we will probably only do 2 or 3 sit downs, and then the rest quick service. So, looking more to what quick services honor it.

Here’s a list on allears.

Tables in Wonderland Restaurant List

The typical counter service restaurants are at resorts that don’t have a sit down restaurant.

It’s also good for up to ten people. So you and a bunch of people at dinner, 20 % really adds up.

You need to reach $375 in meals before you start saving money. Eating just a couple of TS with just a few people, you may not save much at all.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1080315]It’s also good for up to ten people. So you and a bunch of people at dinner, 20 % really adds up.

You need to reach $375 in meals before you start saving money. Eating just a couple of TS with just a few people, you may not save much at all.[/QUOTE]

Even with only three people in my family we still come out ahead during a week long trip. We usually dine at 'Ohana, Chef Mickey’s, Chefs de France and similar restaurants. It really doesn’t take long. This time we’ll get three trips out of our card and we’ll use it for seven people on our next trip. It was a good deal this time.

With only my DH and I, we still get the card for use with three trips in one yr. Even with eating a TS about every other day, we still save at least $100 over the cost of the card. Most of the time, the family joins us on one of those trips, which of course makes the saving even greater. We do the “get the AP and TIW, do two or three trips one year and then skip a yr or so” plan.

We have purchased this several times and always are amazed at how much money we spend. I also believe the discount applied to alcoholic beverages which is typcially rare for such programs. Overall, it is well worth the $75. :happy:

I might have missed it, but TIW also comes with valet parking for the resort you’re dining at (with receipt).
There are also quite a few TIW invitation only dining events throughout the year.
These are for serious foodies and obviously, to get maximum benefit, you’d need to live in Orlando, and care to spend $70 - $170, per person for each meal.

Alcoholic beverages are also included, so even if you’re on the dining plan, you could still come out far ahead if you’re a dedicated tippler.:wink:

THis is where Pam and I save big time. We enjoy going for drinks and apps or drinks and dessert many nights. And as DT mentioned, we all tip so it is no problem that they add the 18% on. It is well worth the $75.00. Pam and I can run our food and drink tab up to that amount by day 3.