Tables in Wonderland savings

For the first time I kept all our receipts so I know exactly what we saved with our tables in wonderland card this time–$191. That’s for this trip alone, we also had two other trips with this card. Last month we save $80 on our Victoria and Albert’s meal alone. We more than paid for the card last summer so our two trips this summer were all savings–nice.

My DH said at least one of us will get an AP so we can have a TiW card every trip. YEA!!

The math is pretty easy.
Either you saved 20% or didn’t have to tip 18% and got an extra 2% off.
Everything.

How many TS did you eat?

I just love that card especially when we were staying at POP.

For the three trips we have planned, even with just the two of us, I still figure saving about 200 above the cost of the card.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1084676]How many TS did you eat?

I just love that card especially when we were staying at POP.

For the three trips we have planned, even with just the two of us, I still figure saving about 200 about the cost of the card.[/QUOTE]

This time we ate at the Plaza Restaurant ($20.30), 'Ohana (47.99), Chef Mickey’s (43.19), Paradiso 37 ($19.97), Le Cellier ($39.92), and komonos for about $20.

With 7 people I believe the tip would be added even if we didn’t have the TiW card and we would tip at least 18% anyway so it’s all savings after the initial $65.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1084677]This time we ate at the Plaza Restaurant ($20.30), 'Ohana (47.99), Chef Mickey’s (43.19), Paradiso 37 ($19.97), Le Cellier ($39.92), and komonos for about $20.

With 7 people I believe the tip would be added even if we didn’t have the TiW card and we would tip at least 18% anyway so it’s all savings after the initial $65.[/QUOTE]

Yes, with 6 or more the 18% is automatically added. No option of “I’ll tip whatever I feel like”, so it’s almost foolish not to buy the TIW card, for that size group, if you meet the requirements.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1084677]
With 7 people I believe the tip would be added even if we didn’t have the TiW card and we would tip at least 18% anyway so it’s all savings after the initial $65.[/QUOTE]

They add tip starting with groups of 6 no matter what.

Don’t forget complimentary valet parking is also one of the perqs of TIW.
That is, they’ll comp your valet parking at the hotel the restaurant is located at when you present your restaurant receipt to the valet after your meal (the tip is still up to you).

We have loved having the TIW card. We more than paid for it on the trip we bought it for (November 2010). Then we saved close to $500 on our big family trip in April (we stayed at POFQ the first 2 nights and used it towards our breakfast at the Food Court there both days in addition to our TS meals).

We are going again at the end of October to get one last use out of it. I think when all is said and done we will likely save nearly $750 over 3 trips. It will be difficult to visit WDW without one!

I am correct in assuming I can purchase the TIW card at guest services in any of the parks? Or is that wrong?

That’s my understanding. As long as you are either an AP holder or a FL resident, disney is happy to take your money for one.

Yes, this is what I was advised when I called. We can’t wait to try this!

BTW, Limsy, WOOOHOOO!!! Have a blast!

It used to be that you could only get your membership card at Epcot’s main guest services but since it’s changed from DDE to TIW, you can now handle this at any park’s guest services as well as the main guest services counter in DTD.

One of the most underrated programs Disney offers! We’ve saved so much money with TIW.

I would have to agree. I know the dining plan works for some families but I think the TiW card is much better for us.

Another question. If I were to purchase a TIW card for our upcoming September trip, do they pay attention to who purchased it? Reason being, I will again be going with another family in October. She already has Cinderella’s Royal Table reserved and will be paying for it, and then each of us reimbursing her our share. Can I hand her the card, and it be used for our table, even though I’m not paying the bill?

With the stipulation that you are either a Florida resident or an AP holder.