Tables in Wonderland

They have added a few more restaurants to the list of places that will accept the TiW card…

All-Star Movies Resort
World Premiere Food Court

All-Star Music Resort
Intermission Food Court

All-Star Sports Resort
End Zone Food Court

Animal Kingdom Lodge
Boma-Flavors of Africa
Jiko-The Cooking Place
Sanaa
Victoria Falls

Beach Club Resort
Beaches & Cream Soda Shop (eat-in only)
Cape May Cafe
Martha’s Vineyard Lounge

BoardWalk
Belle Vue Lounge
ESPN Club
Flying Fish Cafe
Kouzzina by Cat Cora

Eagle Pines and Osprey Ridge Golf Club
Sand Trap Bar & Grill

Caribbean Beach Resort
Shutters at Old Port Royale

Contemporary Resort
California Grill
Chef Mickey’s
Outer Rim Lounge
The Wave

Coronado Springs Resort
Maya Grill

Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Crockett’s Tavern
Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue (9:30 p.m. show only, offered seasonally)
Trail’s End Restaurant

Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
1900 Park Fare
Cítricos
Garden View Lounge
Grand Floridian Cafe
Mizner’s Lounge
Narcoossee’s
Victoria & Albert’s (excluding Chef’s Table)

Old Key West Resort
Olivia’s Cafe

Polynesian Resort
’Ohana
Kona Cafe
Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show (late show only)
Tambu Lounge

Pop Century Resort
Everything Pop Dining (excluding merchandise)
Classic Concoctions

Port Orleans Resort
Riverside:
Boatwright’s Dining Hall
River Roost

French Quarter:
Scat Cat’s Club
Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory

Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
The Turf Club Bar and Grill
The Turf Club Lounge
Artist’s Palette

Wilderness Lodge
Artist Point
Territory Lounge
Whispering Canyon Cafe

Yacht Club Resort
Ale and Compass Lounge
Crew’s Cup Lounge
Captain’s Grille
Yachtsman Steakhouse

DOWNTOWN DISNEY Marketplace
Cap’n Jack’s Restaurant
Fulton’s Crab House

DOWNTOWN DISNEY Pleasure Island
Portobello
Raglan Road

DOWNTOWN DISNEY West Side
House of Blues
Planet Hollywood
Wolfgang Puck Cafe
Epcot
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Biergarten Restaurant
Bistro de Paris Restaurant
Chefs de France Restaurant
Coral Reef Restaurant
Tutto Italia Ristorante
Le Cellier Steakhouse
Nine Dragons Restaurant
Restaurant Marrakesh
Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room
San Angel Inn Restaurante
Tokyo Dining
The Garden Grill Restaurant

Disney’s HollywoodStudios
50’s Prime Time Cafe
Hollywood & Vine
Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant
The Hollywood Brown Derby
Tune-In Lounge

Magic Kingdom
Cinderella’s Royal Table
Liberty Tree Tavern
The Crystal Palace
The Plaza Restaurant
Tony’s Town Square Restaurant

Animal Kingdom
Tusker House Restaurant
Pizzafari
Flame Tree Barbecue
Restaurantosaurus

Disney’s Vero Beach Resort
The Green Cabin Room
Shutters Restaurant
Sonya’s Fine Steaks & Chops (Sunday Brunch not included)

Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
Il Mulino New York Trattoria
Garden Grove
Kimonos
Shula’s Steak House
Todd English’s bluezoo
Wide World of Sports
ESPN Sports Cafe

NOTE: Effective March 1, 2009, the cost of membership in Tables in Wonderland increased. Regular annual membership in this program is now $100, for Florida residents who are not annual passholders. Passholders can purchase TIW for $75/year. (The program is open ONLY to Florida residents or Disney passholders.) An additional card for a spouse or partner is $50.

TABLES IN WONDERLAND (formerly known as Disney Dining Experience – the name changed September 15, 2008) is a dining discount program for eligible Florida Residents and Annual Passholders 21 and older good for 20 percent off food and beverage at a number of Walt Disney World Resort hotel and theme park restaurants and lounges. The discount is good for up to 10 persons in your party. (Prior to 2005, the DDE, as it was commonly called, was only open to Florida residents.)

– General Membership (Florida Residents ONLY): $100.00
– Annual/Seasonal Passholders’ Rate: $75.00
– Add a second membership for your spouse or partner for only $50 more.

Benefits:

– Members receive a 20% discount on all food and beverage (including alcohol) for up to 10 people at participating table-service Disney restaurants. Effective January 1, 2008 a charge of 18% gratuity will be added to all Tables in Wonderland transactions, regardless of party size. Effective March 1, 2009, at Victoria & Albert’s, a 20% gratuity will be added to all transactions, regardless of party size.
– Discount applies to member’s check only.

– One card per table. Two cards cannot be combined.

– Member must be present to receive discount.

– Card must be presented when ordering.

– Complimentary parking:

Theme Park: after 5 p.m. daily, show membership card at Guest Relations. You’ll have to pay parking at the toll booth, then after dining, present receipt and parking ticket at Guest Relations for a refund.

Walt Disney World Resorts - when dining at a Walt Disney World resort, valet parking is complimentary. After dining, present a dining receipt at the valet stand.

– Exclusive invitations to special dining events.
WDW-DINE (407-939-3463) will book advance reservations.

Theme park admission is required when dining in Theme Park restaurants.

Participating restaurants are subject to change. Guests will be notified of any changes in future newsletters. See BELOW for a list of restaurants.

Certain restrictions apply during holidays and special events, please check with the restaurant when you make your reservation. Blackout dates include major holidays: Mother’s Day, Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day.

This discount cannot be used in combination with any other discount.

This discount cannot be combined with any other discount or package. This includes events such as Fantasmic Dinner Package, Epcot Food and Wine Festival Events, and Candlelight Dinner Packages.

MEMBERSHIP AND CARD INFORMATION: Call the office at (407) 566-5858, Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern, or email wdw.disney.dining.experience@disney.com

You can also visit Guest Relations at Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdrom, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, or Downtown Disney to purchase a Tables in Wonderland card.

BY MAIL: Post Office Box 10000, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

NOTE: Allow several weeks for processing. Guests planning vacations in the next month should not order by phone but should plan to purchase their card once they arrive at Walt Disney World.

Let’s do the condensed version.

These places have all been added:

Tokyo Dining (but not Teppan Edo!) - Japan
Kouzzina by Cora Cat (formerly Spoodles) - Boardwalk
ESPN - Boardwalk
Shula’s Steak House - Dolphin
Todd English’s bluezoo - Dolphin
il Mulino NY Trattoria - Swan
Kimono’s - Swan
Garden Grove - Swan
Fulton’s - DTD
Portobello - DTD
House of Blues - DTD West Side
Wolfgang Puck Cafe - DTD West Side

Nice additions!

Nice additions indeed!!!
Plus there are special dining events that they have in conjunction with Tables in Wonderland! Obviously, you have to either be lucky to be at Disney or live close, but they look cool. I’ve never been, but would LOVE to go.
Frank

We have saved ZILLIONS and ZILLIONS of dollars using our TIW.

OK, maybe not zillions, but you get my drift. I think it paid for itself the first night we used it, and then some. Ours was good for well over a year too – I think it was more like 14 months.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1014029]We have saved ZILLIONS and ZILLIONS of dollars using our TIW.

OK, maybe not zillions, but you get my drift. I think it paid for itself the first night we used it, and then some. Ours was good for well over a year too – I think it was more like 14 months.[/QUOTE]

We have saved alot also! I like that it can be used for adult beverages as well… :ph34r:

program sounds OK…but a 20% tip on parties of 4 or more in some cases,is actually negating the discount also if someone knows if that 20%is calculated before the discount or after…god orbad or ok service gets the same interesting ,right

I am trying to decide between the DDP or TiW(we have AP’s). My kids are 10/12 and not really interested in eating many of the table service adult selections. If I pay out of pocket, I don’t think they will be spending $84 per day on food. It would be my wife and I eating teh table service. The kids would most likely have an appitizer at the table service and share a counter service meal in the parks. Any thoughts on which way would be most cost effictive?

The 18% tip on the TiW checks is automatic and the CM’s WILL NOT tell you that it is added. Most of the time, it is in BOLD black ink, but unless you’re thinking about it, you’ll probably miss it. Of course there is a line for “tip.” So unless you are on your toes, you may knee jerk another 15-20% or whatever (I don’t want to get into tipping here<g>).
We’ve had the card for years and wouldn’t be without it.
Frank

Great news! We have Tokyo Dining and Fulton’s scheduled on our March trip. Thanks for posting!

Bruce

It’s 18% grat calculated before taxes and discount.

Use TiW. We do not do the DDP. TiW covers your whole bill, including regular and ‘adult’ drinks.

We avoid the DDP for a number of reasons… mostly because it doens’t include appetizers and forces you to have dessert, or some such nonsense. We hardly ever get dessert – ALMOST NEVER! – and most of the time, I am happy with an appetizer and a cocktail as the entire meal. TIW offers the discount on whatever your heart desires, including the cocktail!

Also, the dining plan has so much eating involved… even if we enjoyed eating that much food in a day, I would never be able to dring myself to spend that much time in restaurants instead of out having fun in the parks!

We usually have one TS meal a day, usually dinner, and the rest of th etime, we grab CS.

While we are on the subject, let me give a huge cheer for the Turkey/Brie/Cranberry Sandwich at Saratoga Springs! Artists Palette accepts TIW, and we used it for plenty of those addictive sandwiches this trip!!!

As for including the tip on the bill – yes, you have to remember not to tip on top of the amount already on the bill. However, the discount still is in effect because nobody ever really pays just the bill… everyone tips, so basically you are saving that extra 18 percent you would have added anyway.

We are 20 percent tippers! It would take a really, really bad attitude or experience for us to not tip 20 percent. I don’t think it has ever happened at WDW.

So glad they added Kimonos. We added that to our list this trip…which starts in just a few hours!!!:cheshire::cheshire::cheshire:

[QUOTE=fjs08;1014000]Nice additions indeed!!!
Plus there are special dining events that they have in conjunction with Tables in Wonderland! Obviously, you have to either be lucky to be at Disney or live close, but they look cool. I’ve never been, but would LOVE to go.
Frank[/QUOTE]

Frank, I’ve been getting the invitations to these special events for a few years now, and sadly, they are almost always scheduled on days we can’t go (and they are a bit on the pricey side, even compared to what a full bore meal at California Grill would cost)
Most of the recent events have been at The Wave, and all of the menus have been interesting.

OK, it isn’t a 20% tip on parties of 4 or more, it is a mandatory 18% tip on the pre tax total for parties of any size from 1-10. However, it is a 20% discount for parties of 1-10 guests, including alcoholic beverages.
So, at the worst, you are getting a 2% discount and you don’t have to worry about the tip. Just also consider that a 20% discount on the total will actually drop the amount of sales tax you’ll have to pay, so your net discount will be somewhere on order of 4%-5%.