Tables in Wonderland

Ok…so we have not been to WDW for a while and have lost touch on some things so can you guys tell me about Tables in Wonderland ? I have no clue…but keep seeing people write and mention it.
Thank you! X

This may help

Tables in Wonderland (formerly Disney Dining Experience)

The dining plan works better for some, but for us Tables in Wonderland is the way to go! We’ve saved lots of money on table service meals, and the card more than paid for itself in just one visit.

I agree completely. The dining plan does not work well with our family of four but TIW works great. Plus it is good for one year which = multiple trips :whistling

We and happy hoppers and go with the flow now that the kids are grown and out of the house. So we do not do ADR’s and decide most times on the spot where we want to eat. Though most times we book an ADR in the AM on the bus to the park. So the TiW card works better for us than the DDP. It provided more flexability which means less stress. And the card pays for itself by the end of the 3rd day, 4th day at the latest. So as Tinker Mel and Dawn said, everything after that for up to a year is extra savings. And we use it everywhere since it also covers drinks and apps which we grab on the run or while relaxing at the resort after a day in the parks.
Soundgod came up with the same number as I did in that after the first $375.00 spent the savings start. And 20% is nothing to laugh at. It covers the cost of a normal gratuity.
So in short, we usse the resort dicounts, paired with the TiW card, and find it best for the way we travel. It might not fit everyone’s trip plans, but it seems to fit most who are here on MB if they are not on the free DDP. And if you are traveling with a group the savings rack up even faster.

Just keep in mind that unless you are a Florida resident or have an AP, you can not get a TIW membership.

When they offer a 50% reduction, we’ll talk

I never leave home without it.
We’ve had it for many, many years. I too feel it pays for itself very quickly.
And it’s just the two of us too now.
AND unless they’ve changed it, purchase it early in a calendar month.
In 2010, with the card expiring 31 Jul, we went to the Studios Guest Services on 28 Jul 10 to purchase a new card. You don’t “renew” it. CM there asked if we could come back 1 Aug. Said that it is valid until the end of the NEXT month. So if we would have purchased it 28 Jul, it would have been valid until 31 Aug 11. Instead, buying it on 1 Aug, it expired 30 Sep 11. We’ll renew 1 Oct this year…
Frank

We also just use TIW – because we like the flat discount, and it goes to alcohol too! I usually order 2 appetizers for my meal, so the dining plans do not work for me. Not to mention, we save a ton on cocktails!

Polly, if you get TIW, you also get invitations to cool special events (only people who live near WDW or who happen to be traveling on those dates would be able to attend, though), and it is great to read about them. I believe once they had a huge TIW dinner in the Wizard Of Oz room at Great Movie Ride. How cool!!!

well that’s interesting,we use TIW and have never heard of this before ,it seems like I should check it out…can you please tell,how you got news of such an event

I get emails about those special dinners. They do sound really cool, but a bit pricey for me.

I found one an old email.
[I]
Saturday April 30, 2011 7:30pm – 9:30pm

Disney’s Hollywood Studios™

Indy and Marion need YOU to be on the set for this live show featuring awe-inspiring action and adventure!

Thrill to the pulse-pounding explosions, crashes, clashes, and death-defying stunts of Indiana Jones’ onscreen adventures. Enjoy a close-up view to this stage spectacular that reveals some of the moviemaking magic responsible for Indy’s triumphs over deadly traps, bad-guy battles and epic-scale obstacles. Inspired by the blockbuster film “Raiders of the Lost Ark,” this show recreates edge-of-your-seat scenes with over a dozen stunt performers demonstrating techniques Hollywood uses to fool moviegoers into thinking a favorite celebrity has taken a punch, fall or bullet. Professional stunt performers are also joined by audience volunteers, who act as extras in the show. And at THIS event… EVERYONE gets to be on the stage! Many surprises are in store for you, including a feast fit for a sultan!

$160 per person, plus tax. Gratuity is included.

Buffet Dinner

Wild Greens with Sun-dried Cherry Vinaigrette
Fresh Cucumber and Red Onion Salad
Hot Grilled Seasonal Vegetables
Roasted Root Vegetable Cous Cous
Roasted Spiced Lamb Meatballs
served with Cucumber Mint Raita and Harissa
Djej Bil Zetoon Maeshalla
Braised Chicken Breast with Roasted Garlic, Paprika, Cumin, and Green Olives
Moroccan Spiced Seafood Tagine
with Shrimp, Scallops, and Crab in Saffron Charmoula
Grilled Flatbreads with Dukkah and Hummus
Mocha Éclairs, Baklava, and Citrus Tarts
Fresh Fruit Salad with Mint Yogurt
Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, and Selection of Teas
Beer, Wine, Specialty Drinks

[/I]

We get an email several times a year with news of a cool event. We have never been traveling to WDW at the right times to get involved, but we surely would if the timing were right!
I would call them and make sure they have your correct email, and make sure they are not on your block list too.
The menus for these events are amazing, and the locations are not to be missed, if you can get yourself there! Good luck!

DMJ, Actually I looked back at the emails and some of them come each month! Here is an invitation to one of the events I really would have loved to go to, because we love the menu, and I like to go into the hidden rooms around EC:

Here is another that looked amazing (again, it is in a room most guests will never go in!):

Links below to some old events and pics from the events.

Tables in Wonderland July Events: Great Movie Ride, Food and Wine Festival, and More | the disney food blog

Sneak Peek at a Dinner in the Great Movie Ride | the disney food blog

I too just get them in my email.

Frank

Here is one event with a celebrity chef to celebrate St. Patrick’s day. The swag bag at the end includes the chef’s book!:

thanks I will contact them and make sure they have the right e-mail,on some disney things i used to use go.com e-mailand probably forgot to change this one over…please don’t get me started on disney and logins

Stole these pics from someone’s blog. They make me really wish I had been there!:

One from Munchkinland!: