Taking a "newbie" to Disney World

What is your favorite place to take a first-timer to? This is an 18 yr old friend of my grandaughter who is coming with us this month and I thing I am more excited to be taking someone who has never been before than she is!!
I have my favorite places but any other suggestions will be welcome.
Thanks for any input.

Personally, I think every “first-timer’s” “first time” should be the view of the Castle from the end of Main Street. Isn’t that what it’s all about?

Ditto on MK. And at rope drop.

Yes a rope drop is a must.

Not familiar with a ‘rope drop’ What is this?

Find out what they are interested in (do they like thrill rides, shows, etc) then gently shepherd them at their pace through the park. Let them set the pace and mood. If the park is crowded then send someone else ahead for fastpass.

Don’t try to rush them through the magic. The first time someone goes is very very different then going to the park for people that have been more then a few times. Relax and let them drinking in the magic.

it means to get there before the park opens (anywhere up to 30 minutes early). There is a great welcome show before the parks open, but you need to get there early enough to be in front of the train station to see it. It is a great welcome to Disney…
And something like it happens in each park.

[QUOTE=tigger;1053001]Find out what they are interested in (do they like thrill rides, shows, etc) then gently shepherd them at their pace through the park. Let them set the pace and mood. If the park is crowded then send someone else ahead for fastpass.

Don’t try to rush them through the magic. The first time someone goes is very very different then going to the park for people that have been more then a few times. Relax and let them drinking in the magic.[/QUOTE]

I agree, don’t try to push her through everything. I go along with asking her what type of rides she likes and possibly showing her the WDW video if you have it and see what interests her.