Taking a Poll

What is your top three places for Breakfast at WDW, not in a park?

My top three:

1. Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club
  2. 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian
  3. Chef Mickey at the Contemporary

A poll in election season? Well first, let me congratulate you on taking a poll. You ask a great question and an important one. And people SHOULD eat breakfast at WDW.

But we should also look at the larger issues. Where are ANY of us going to eat breakfast? As a nation? In the global sense? Our direction should be hearty, robust, comprehensive and inclusive. We have a responsibility to chart a course that includes breakfast at WDW.

But what do I think should be done about breakfast at WDW? I can tell you it will involve several things. It will involve eating and there will be food. I’ve said that I will eat breakfast at WDW, and I have. Next time will be no different. You can count on me for strong leadership in the question of eating breakfast at WDW.

:mickey:

(Seriously? The only outside-the-park breakfast I’ve had is Chef Mickey’s. It’s fine, but I far prefer Crystal Palace. But Kona Cafe looks like somewhere I’d like to try!)

Kona Cafe
1900 Park Fare
Bakery at the Boardwalk

Top 3:

Olivia’s: Old Key West
Ohana’s: Polynesian
Chef Mickey’s: Contemporary

I have to add that it all depends on how peaceful a breakfast you want. Olivia’s is very peaceful compared to the other two I listed.

Ohanas Polynesian
Chef Mickeys- Contemporary
1900 Park Fayre- Grand Floridian

Some of our favourites!

…Only place we ever eat breakfast is at the resort…so I would have to say…

The Beignets at POFQ

Kona Cafe
Olivia’s
Boardwalk Bakery

We ususally eat breakfast in the room, but try to always treat ourselves to breakfast at Boma at least once a trip. It’s awesome!

[QUOTE=llama;1124360]Kona Cafe
Olivia’s
Boardwalk Bakery[/QUOTE]

Kona Cafe is a great call. Tonga Toast!

Like others, we eat in the room or unit every morning. So for us the choices would be:

1- Main Street Bakery
2- Boardwalk Bakery
3- What we bring

We love Ohana :slight_smile:

They have a new executive chef and I’m not sure if I can still order the shrimp omelet off menu. Not being a lover of bananas, I don’t care for Tonga Toast.
With the shrimp omelet, Kona is on my list. Sadly for you, my list is longer than three and does include an inside park restaurant.

All of the character buffets are roughly the same, though Boma* and to a lesser extent Tusker House are more African inspired. That said, each does have their own specialty and setting. Like 1900 Park Fare’s lobster eggs Benedict, CP’s griddled omelets, or whatever Polynesian flare 'Ohana adds to their meals.

In no real order:
Crystal Palace
1900 Park Fare (though it’s not as good since they switched Mad Hatters)
Boma
Goofy’s Beach Club Buffet at Cape May Cafe

Honorable:
Chef Mickey’s (doesn’t seem to be any more special than the others)
Tusker House (now on the list since they now will make eggs to order in the kitchen)
Kouzzina
Pop Century Food Court (they make a surprisingly serviceable ham and cheese omelet, I suspect they all do)

Why are my waffles and pancakes so much better than what I’m offered in all of WDW?:confused::angry:
Oh yeah, Bisquik, brown sugar, and vanilla and sometimes almond extract.:laugh:

*Note: Boma is NOT a character buffet.

1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian
Grand Floridian Cafe’. (guess where :laugh:)
Crystal Palace at the MK

Lake Buena Vista, Florida?

Cape May
Chef Mickeys
1900 Park Fare

:ohmy:…

[QUOTE=Andrea;1124352]A poll in election season? Well first, let me congratulate you on taking a poll. You ask a great question and an important one. And people SHOULD eat breakfast at WDW.

But we should also look at the larger issues. Where are ANY of us going to eat breakfast? As a nation? In the global sense? Our direction should be hearty, robust, comprehensive and inclusive. We have a responsibility to chart a course that includes breakfast at WDW.

But what do I think should be done about breakfast at WDW? I can tell you it will involve several things. It will involve eating and there will be food. I’ve said that I will eat breakfast at WDW, and I have. Next time will be no different. You can count on me for strong leadership in the question of eating breakfast at WDW.

:mickey:

(Seriously? The only outside-the-park breakfast I’ve had is Chef Mickey’s. It’s fine, but I far prefer Crystal Palace. But Kona Cafe looks like somewhere I’d like to try!)[/QUOTE]

Citizens of the USA !!!- your sister Andrea is obviously in need of an intervention. She has overdosed on political ads on tv, political individuals kissing unsuspecting children, political rhetoric and political tour buses. She has elephants dancing in her head and donkeys braying in her ears. It has insidiously infiltrated her brain - so that she can not make decisions without consulting CNN, Anderson Cooper and Wolf Blitzer. Our own Gov’t has issued warnings to us - Turn AWAY Citizens of Canada! - turn off the American networks, read no American newspapers, repeat “Canadian Broadcasting Coroporation is our friend”. Just grab your hockey stick and engage in a robust game of street hockey! Protect yourselves! If all else fails, visit your nearest curling rink for a round or twelve of Alexander McKeefe lagers. They promise us it will all be over soon, if the good Lord’s willing and the chads don’t hang.

What do you suggest we watch?
There hasn’t been a new episode of Great White North since 1983!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1124469]What do you suggest we watch?
There hasn’t been a new episode of Great White North since 1983![/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh: