Taking a toddler?

My son is 3mo now, I am thinking of a cruise in Summer 2007. He’d be almost 2yr then. Thoughts? I saw in another post that you don’t need a deposit for infants, what is the age cutoff between infant/toddler/child?

Hi,

Of course whether to take a toddler or not is completely a parent’s decision. We have a 3 year old and have waited for one very important reason. The kids have to be at least 3 (I think) and potty-trained to use the kid’s clubs. Prior to that, you can pay for babysitting but they cannot use the clubs. A friend of mine suggested that we wait for that reason since my DW and I could use some play time away for our DS also. :wink:

My DS is currently 2 months, and we’re planning his first big trip to the world for January 2007 (boy that seems like a long time from now!!), so he’ll just be 2.

I think Disney with a 2 year old is very do-able after reading all the posts here at DC from those that have “been there, done that”. Just make sure you go at your son’s pace!

I haven’t taken a cruise before, so I’m not much help in that department, but I say go for it!! I’m sure you’ll have a wonderful time!!!

I agree…GO FOR IT! We took our DS to WDW when he was 7 1/2 months old the first time and it was GREAT (he’s 4 now). We went in Oct and brought our DD who was almost 5 months old at the time. It was awesome! I just got real friendly with the CMs at the mother’s feeding stations in all the parks. :wink:

My sister-in-law and brother-in-law took the just turned 2 year old on a non-disney cruise last June. They had no problems leaving him in the kids clubs (he was not potty-trained). I would check with the cruise line and make you decision based on theri policies.

I don’t think I’d try for the kids club for him (definitely for 5 yr old dd though!). I am beginning to price this out…