Taking First Timers

We are going in August and we are taking my aunt and her husband and my cousin and my grandma and we are going to be on the 3 sit down meals a day and we are trying to decide where to take them. They are all disney newbies and we know what our favorites are but dont want to over whelm them any ideas are welcome :slight_smile:

Good luck pleasing all and eating all that food. Three TS’s a day should give you the opportunity to eat just about everywhere. How long are you going? If they are interested in giving their opinion on where to eat I would send them to allears.net to look at the menus and have each person give at least one location they would like to try. Other than that I would rely on your instincts to show them a good time, knowing that most menus at WDW allow for a variety of tastes and that everyone can find something they like on most menus.

I would also suggest no limiting yourself to the one credit TS. Try a couple of signature service restaurants. They will take two credits but some are worth the cost.

[QUOTE=6Baggs4Dis;1069657]Good luck pleasing all and eating all that food. Three TS’s a day should give you the opportunity to eat just about everywhere. How long are you going? If they are interested in giving their opinion on where to eat I would send them to allears.net to look at the menus and have each person give at least one location they would like to try. Other than that I would rely on your instincts to show them a good time, knowing that most menus at WDW allow for a variety of tastes and that everyone can find something they like on most menus.

I would also suggest no limiting yourself to the one credit TS. Try a couple of signature service restaurants. They will take two credits but some are worth the cost.[/QUOTE]

Great idea 6Baggs! Only way to go about it I think.

WOW. That’s alot of food and time in the restaurants. And Pam and I are foodies when we are in WDW.

Like previously said, take advantage of some of the 2 credit signature establishments. This will help not only use your valuable credits, but also provide some flex time in the parks so you are not running from meal to meal and missing out on park stuff.

Look at the menus on allears and then ask everyone to pick a restaurant for a must do. THen try to work it in on your schedule. With that many sit down ADR’s planning will be essential so you are not wasting time running from one end of WDW to the other. Travel could easily eat up 2-3 hours of your day.

Try not to make it all about the food, thats a lot of meals for one day! Try for maybe a sit down or buffet for breakfast, a counter for lunch, then a sit down or signature for evening meal. That way you will have more time to spend in the parks etc. allears.net is perfect for checking up on menus. I’d suggest having a ‘planning’ night were you all get together pre-trip, look at menus, vactation dvds, youtube videos etc, start putting together a loose intinerary etc and slotting meals around that, theres more to Disney than the food lol!

Also if you have an Iphone or Ipad there is a great WDW dining app that the DW and I used to help us plan for this trip since you can view all the menu’s.

Good luck with your trip. We took newbies on a cruise with us one time and before we left we talked about doing our own things at times. When we got on the boat they became very clingy and this was family members. Towards the end of the trip we started ditching them to get sometime to ourselves.

I do not know if WDW is different for newbies but just keep that in mind. nonetheless you will have a great time. Make sure you give us a trip report.

I can only echo what others have said - I’d definitely take advantage of signature dining. It might seem wonderful to be eating in a different restaurant every night - but that is a LOT of food. I think you’d be better off using signature dining every second night - for a few nights at least. That being said - of course LeCellier immediately comes to mind - I’d start now trying to get a reservation.

Get them to read through the menus on allears - and ask each person what they would like for ONE meal each - Chinese, Japanese, Italian, etc. and then build some meals around them.

Like others said; talk openly before you leave about having some “alone time”.

Definitely get them involved in the planning. Also try to set aside time for yourselves to things on your own.

I totally agree with everyone on checking out the menus on Allears. I had the kids do that. We also decided that everyone would pick a restaurant, that gave us 6 of 10 day vacation meals.

You are most likely going to want to try to show then everything so have them write a must see list and work around it. You know what goes into seeing the world and try to plan your trip in the way they would be on vacation. The worst thing is to try to go commando on someone who has never seen the world. Show them the best time you can without overwhelming them to the point they become dizzy.

Enjoy planning your trip.

Oh, one other thing. Every restaurant has something for everyone. Even the most picky eaters. Don’t be afraid that a different cuisine in say Morracco or Japan will not be enjoyable. There are many traditional dishes at many of the locations, but they always have something for the good old ‘meat and potatoes only’ person.
This is a great time to try new stuff. If one of our kids commented about a sibliings choice we reminded them that their choice might not have been a must eat at location for someone else.

Thanks for all the help :slight_smile: I will definitely do a tr!