Tales of the prime time cafe

okay I am listening,lets hear about your experiences at prime time…we usually have a blast either getting picked on or watching others get the treatment…

We’ve been twice - that’s enough for us. The first time we had a dud of a waiter. The second time he was fun, but for us, that kind of stuff gets old pretty fast. I think it’s a “go to once” kind of place. The food was pretty good.

I have been more than a handful of times and each time it was a fantastic experience. The first time with my dk’s I told them what to expect and they played along with the storyline and had the greatest time. They really believed that they had to clean their plate off to get dessert too.

Well, once my daughter (who was 8) had to get up and introduce herself to another girl sitting at the table next to us. Then, ha made them sing, “I’m a little teacup.”

Another time, we had a waiter who practically yelled the drinks to us, and then we had to tell him what our favorite ride at HS was. He was going to embarrass us if we did not give him an answer… Well, we found out what the tricks were for toy story from him. He was great with us, and my very shy son-even though he was yelling drinks. He made sure that the kids washed their hands-it was hysterical…

Overall- we loved it… all the waiters are different, and they made it really fun…

We finally made it there in January 2009 and we were not disappointed. I don’t know how many times I would go there, because although the food was good, it isn’t what I can waste my precious calories on. So, I wrote about it in my trip report with pictures of this nerdy “cousin” who played very rough with Marti, holding her upside down, etc. We had a great waitress but I cannot remember her being obnoxious - just fun. As a matter of fact, all the waitstaff was just funny enough for it to be a good experience.

At some point this big guy at the next table was made to stand in the corner with a dunce cap on his head and his brother had to write “next time before eating I will wash my hands” 10 times on a napkin.

DW and I have been here several times…and we always have a blast…the way I look at it…you’re there for the fun of it, so go for it…we usually put our elbows on the table, shoot pieces of our straws at each other, just to get a rise from the server…sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t…but we have a laugh just the same.

One time DW ordered a cheesesteak which came on a tomato wrap…our server sat at our table and explained to DW that the wrap would be pink, and not to complain when it came out…(DW swears it was great…I never got to try it)…we used to get stickers signaling us as members of the clean plate club, and once I got a pass which allowed me to wear my hat at the table…

It is fun to watch unsuspecting diners who sit down and you can just tell they don’t want to play along…I feel sorry for people like that…vacations are about fun!!

For us, this is as fun as it gets!

When we were there in 99 for our honeymoon, i didnt eat all my greenbeans and only got 1/2 a clean plate sticker since i only ate 1/2 my food. i was harrassed by all CM’s in the park that day!
Last time we had a dud waitress too…the most fun she had was letting DD6 hang her picture on the fridge!
Last time it was cute though, DD was ‘done up’ that morning at the BBB and a little boy at one of the other tables asked his mom if he could ‘have his picture taken with the princess over there’…it was cute.

We have gone and enjoyed it very much! The last time we visited our “cousin” made Dustin put out his hands to be sure they were clean then proceeded to put the menus in them and made him take them back to the front!:laugh::laugh: We all loved it…especially John!:laugh::laugh:

My DW and I went back in September. It was her first time and my second. We had a really fun waiter. I knew that I wasn’t supposed to wear a hat but did it anyway so I would be told to take it off. :smile: Then the father at the table next to us had his elbows on the table and they made him wear a dunce cap.

Also, they checked my DW’s plate to make sure she ate all her veggies before they would let her get dessert.

It was a fun time!

We go every vacation! It’s so much fun for us. And the theme is what we like. I love when they have us race against another family in a game. If you are easily embrassed, and don’t like to be, this isn’t your place! haha.

hehe, now that is funny. :laugh:

Last May we went for the first time to the Cafe… FUN! Our DD loved our waitress, She mad us clean the table and ask for ketchup from the people beside us. She kept calling us kids and saying “Listen to your mother”. She was another great cast member who we will never forget !!!

OH YEAH … She drank my BEER !!! :eek:

I absolutely ADORE this restaurant. I always try to take someone who’s never been there.

My favorite thing to do is try to get my guest in trouble. But every time I try, the waiter ALWAYS sees through my thing and I’M the one getting into trouble. Whether it’s me being a snitch or talking with my mouth full, I always get it, but I make sure I’m the ONLY one who gets it.

We have been a few times. The last time we were there my DSinlaw tried to hide her beans and the waitresst made her eat some. and you all know the drill she embarassed the heck out of her. Then there was the lady sitting next to us who used the rest room and was asked if she washed her hands. She said yes and the waitress asked her what color was the soap and she could not tell her so she had to go wash her hands again.

With that said we had some fun there, but there are to many other places to try.

Unfortunately, the only time we went there we had a dud of a waiter!! It is not on our list for August. The food was so-so.

[QUOTE=WALL;1028365]Last May we went for the first time to the Cafe… FUN! Our DD loved our waitress, She mad us clean the table and ask for ketchup from the people beside us. She kept calling us kids and saying “Listen to your mother”. She was another great cast member who we will never forget !!!

OH YEAH … She drank my BEER !!! :eek:[/QUOTE]

Loved that she drank your beer…we all know that you love your beer :happy:

Great avatar by the way!:happy:

Some of the CMs are more fun than others. You MUST clean you plate or “if you don’t eat your green beans with dinner you’ll eat them for desert” as DS1 cmrncrzy15 found out…

We even had people from OTHER tables taking pictures of this one!

[QUOTE=Maria;1028397]Loved that she drank your beer…we all know that you love your beer :happy:

Great avatar by the way!:happy:[/QUOTE]

I was in share mode !!! :eek: ( It was backwash anyway … :laugh:)

Been there once and didn’t really get into it. the food was good, but the play acting isn’t always something I am up for. It’s a “been there done that” kinda place for me.

:wub::wub::wub:
We like the Milk Shakes they serve…:heart: