Taxi, Shuttle or Bus Costs to Universal Studios

Hi All

Has anyone gone from Disney to Universal Studios recently without renting a car? I’ve priced up the cheapest car from Alamo and with insurance its $75 plus $12 parking per day. There is only the two of us, so I am wondering if there is a cheaper option. If you’ve managed to use any of these other options how much did it cost and how convenient was it?

Many Thanks
Helen

I’ve reposted this question on the ‘Orlando Transportation’ Boards. http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/orlando-transportation/52025-taxi-shuttle-bus-costs-universal-studios.html#post988245

Hi All

Has anyone gone from Disney to Universal Studios recently without renting a car? I’ve priced up the cheapest car from Alamo and with insurance its $75 plus $12 parking per day. There is only the two of us, so I am wondering if there is a cheaper option. If you’ve managed to use any of these other options how much did it cost and how convenient was it?

Many Thanks
Helen

Tiffany Towncar Service is $80 roundtrip. We love going with them as they are always on time, the drivers are lovely and the cars are SUPER comfy! I know that isn’t saving you much but you have complete control over what time you are picked up from Disney and what time you leave Universal. You can give them an estimated time to leave but generally you ring them up around 1hr before you wish to leave and it’s usually the same driver/car that comes to collect you too.

Try this link:
Orlando Airport Limousine, Towncar, Motorcoach, Passenger Van - Charter Rates

I merged your two threads since you were asking the same question in both.

Just a heads up to everyone reading this…

We not only provide service from the airport but also do attration transfers (Sea World, Universal, and etc…).

Our round trip rate with the towncar to Univeral is 75.00 (gratuity not included); to Sea World it is $70.00…:cool:

My best regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

I was thinking the same since I have the free US pass from the superbowl but I dont know if paying $80 to get there and back is worth it.

Maybe it’s just me, but that seems like a lot of money. I’ve never taken a cab, shuttle or towncar from Disney to anywhere else so if i’m wrong i’ll take my lumps. I’ve priced some compact cars for a week and have been quoted some prices under $200.

Maybe it’s just me.

I went through The Magic for Less. They have a package 2 parks 1 day with transportation from any Disney resorty to Citywalk for just the price you can buy that same ticket on the US webiste. You may want to check with them for something like this but for two days!

That is a very good deal if you’re only going for one day. I didn’t see a 2 day/ 2 park tickets, and I admit I didn’t call, though chances are they don’t do it and even if they said they did I’d be concerned about them picking me up on the second day. Anyways, thanks for the recommendation, I’m sure someone reading this at some point will find that useful.

For now we’ve decided to get a hire car. Its the same price as a tax (once you include tip), and as we need a car for Busch Gardens we might as well just keep it for the extra days. It’s a really shame that a cheaper alternative does not seem to exist.

Thanks everyone for your help.
:slight_smile:

Thanks for this. When I realized I’d posted in the wrong forum, I went back but couldn’t work out how to close the old thread. Cheers.

[QUOTE=bosoxx65;988864]Maybe it’s just me, but that seems like a lot of money. I’ve never taken a cab, shuttle or towncar from Disney to anywhere else so if i’m wrong i’ll take my lumps. I’ve priced some compact cars for a week and have been quoted some prices under $200.

Maybe it’s just me.[/QUOTE]

I don’t think it is necessarily a lot of money for a taxi. But when you think of the number of people who travel from the Disney resorts to Universal everyday you’d think there would be some cheaper option, it’s not like it’s an unusual route request.

As for $200 for a car for a week that seems really good. Who is that with? The $75 quote per day I got was with Alamo as I believe that’s easy to get to from Disney accommodation. Though of that $75, $22 of it was insurance waver.

I was doing some researching on the Travelocity pages and other places like Expedia and saw a compact car rate of $199 with a coupon code. At the time we weren’t too interested in a rental car, but now with 10 days in Orlando we are thinking about roaming around a bit.

[QUOTE=quicksilver;988501]Just a heads up to everyone reading this…

We not only provide service from the airport but also do attration transfers (Sea World, Universal, and etc…).

Our round trip rate with the towncar to Univeral is 75.00 (gratuity not included); to Sea World it is $70.00…:cool:

My best regards,

Gregory Nicolas.[/QUOTE]

wow…it has come down. When I was pricing Sea World last time with you, it was more expensive as I went with TT cause I saved a few dollars and every few dollars counts with me. I’ll be booking you for August then we we head over to SW again. Thanks for the info.