Teachers discount?

Hi all, I have a small vent going on in a different sub forum but i wanted to find out, is there such a thing as getting a discount because you are a teacher?
DH told me that his friends wife got this kind of discount, I don’t see what they would gain by making this up but I am just curious if this is true and if so what other ways are out there that you can get you discounts.

BELIEVE ME - THE ANSWER IS NO!!!

I believe that WDW may have used to many moons ago but not now. I told some cast members at a resort it was needed b/c teachers and their families can ONLY travel during peak seasons. They agreed, but I think a policy like this opens WDW for serious abuse.

My wife is public school teacher. They said too many volunteer subs and the like would say they are teachers. I told them to mail out coupons or codes to the school districts…they then said they believed the offers stand a good chance of never making it to the teachers as the supers and the like would most likely take them and give them to family and friends.

And in my experience as a spouse of a public educator, I hate to admit it, but WDW is most likely right.

Basically, no good way to target them and prevent abuse of the offers.

[QUOTE=dadofthree;1067555]BELIEVE ME - THE ANSWER IS NO!!!

I believe that WDW may have used to many moons ago but not now. I told some cast members at a resort it was needed b/c teachers and their families can ONLY travel during peak seasons. They agreed, but I think a policy like this opens WDW for serious abuse.

My wife is public school teacher. They said too many volunteer subs and the like would say they are teachers. I told them to mail out coupons or codes to the school districts…they then said they believed the offers stand a good chance of never making it to the teachers as the supers and the like would most likely take them and give them to family.

Basically, no good way to target them and prevent abuse of the offers.[/QUOTE]

:wink: thank you very much…
i was going to ask DH to make sure he got his INFO right but he insist that’s what his friend told him so i just texted his friends wife since she is the teacher and asked her what her husband was talking about.
who knows, maybe the friend and my DH got it wrong.
Thanks again!

could be an off-site offer

Pixiemom- are you a teacher? Sometimes the Swan and Dolphin run special discounts for nurses and teachers. I can tell you that Disney does not have a teacher discount.

Some one on another forum informed me that the swan and dolphin do but they are not owned by Disney.
I am just not sure if this is where dh’s friend is staying, I am waiting to hear back from the wife.

Looks like there may a discount at Swan and Dolphin and here r some other information.

Does anyone know if there are any teacher discounts for disney world park hopper passes? - Yahoo! Answers
Teacher Discounts - WDW Radio Disney Forums

Thank you! Leslie, i just read that on another forum. :wink:

i am not a teacher, dh’s friends wife is, there is a vent i posted this morning so this is kinda a continuation from that vent because DH said his friends wife got a teachers discount and i was telling DH there is no such thing.
but just now as i am replying to you, she replied to me, so either DH heard his friend WRONG or his friend ASSUMED his wife got the discount…
thanks again!

all’s good now!:mickey:

[QUOTE=pixeemom;1067553]Hi all, I have a small vent going on in a different sub forum but i wanted to find out, is there such a thing as getting a discount because you are a teacher?
DH told me that his friends wife got this kind of discount, I don’t see what they would gain by making this up but I am just curious if this is true and if so what other ways are out there that you can get you discounts.[/QUOTE]

For great information on discounts, go to mousesavers.com Mary Waring does a great job listing all of the current codes and discounts available. Check it out!

[QUOTE=dadofthree;1067562]Looks like there may a discount at Swan and Dolphin and here r some others

Does anyone know if there are any teacher discounts for disney world park hopper passes? - Yahoo! Answers
Teacher Discounts - WDW Radio Disney Forums[/QUOTE]

:wink: thank u!!
its all cleared up now, just got the reply from the wife.

Thanks Leslie, i def. visit that site a lot…
I just thought maybe I missed something lol its all cleared up now, thank you!!!

so friends wife did not get a discount??? Whew - I hate that I am happy about that, but I have asked at EVERY booking over the last 5 years and always got a quick, “No, I am sorry.” I have found if I even mention my wife is a teacher, they will inform me there is no discount without me even asking.

funny - during the responding of this thread I had a call from a former employee of mine looking to get information on wdw discounts…not a teacher but they were sure they were missing something b/c there was “No Way a hotel costs this much”…She gave me the dates and I was like “I can’t find anything cheaper, this does not make sense.”…oh never mind its right there during Easter…makes sense now ;-).

I wish they could find a teacher discount though - my argument is that teachers are generally not highly compensated and the ONLY time they can go are PEAK season times. They have no alternative.

OK - there is my vent:-)

no they didn’t because they aren’t staying there they are staying at the CSprings…she told me they priced it but they don’t take the disney discounts or something like that.
the room rate was good though.

[QUOTE=dadofthree;1067572]funny - during the responding of this thread I had a call from a former employee of mine looking to get information on wdw discounts…not a teacher but they were sure they were missing something b/c there was “No Way a hotel costs this much”…She gave me the dates and I was like “I can’t find anything cheaper, this does not make sense.”…oh never mind its right there during Easter…makes sense now ;-).

I wish they could find a teacher discount though - my argument is that teachers are generally not highly compensated and the ONLY time they can go are PEAK season times. They have no alternative.

OK - there is my vent:-)[/QUOTE]

oh i agree with you!!!
it really doesn’t seem fair that they don’t give them some kind of discount.

[QUOTE=dadofthree;1067572]I wish they could find a teacher discount though - my argument is that teachers are generally not highly compensated and the ONLY time they can go are PEAK season times. They have no alternative.

OK - there is my vent:-)[/QUOTE]

Funny I was thinking they should give families with kids a discount because the ONLY time we can go is during PEAK season.

Let’s just say that we all need a discount…teachers…students…grandparents…parents of 3 or more kids so it is next to impossible to get a nice room…the list could go on and on…that is probably why they don’t offer too many individual discounts.

HaHaHa, that’s so funny! and so true :laugh:

Actually there is a discount, but it’s not across the board for just any teacher to go on a whim. There’s the Y.E.S Program that students sign up for and up to 2 teachers (chap’s) are given FREE tics for the amt of days the students purchase anytime throughout the year. All you need is 10 students, and the chap’s don’t have to actually be teachers to qualify either. Got some friends, go as a group. :wink:
There’s also Homeschool Days, yes parents are teachers too, and it’s around $120ish for 3 & 4 day tics.

I always tell people to check with there corporate discounts cause I work for Siemens and was surprised to find that we get a 12% off discount on WDW and DL park tickets. So you never know what you will find in those corporate discount sites.

your corp sponsors a major attraction at the park - i always wondered what else those sponsors got for being a sponsor… :slight_smile: