Tell me about Grand Floridian Cafe

DH and I will be staying one night at POP before moving to a studio someplace. I was thinking of doing the DXDP just for that one night. Have dinner someplace, then the next day, early lunch and a later dinner. We have never been in the GF at all. I was thinking about 1900 park fare, but I know us, we will eat so much, we won’t want to eat the next day. So “reg” TS would work best for us. We are not activating our APs till the next day, so Saturday dinner would have to be at a resort. So what are your thoughts on grand floridian cafe?

I’ve never eaten at the Cafe, but I LOVE GF…the architecture/ambience of the resort, tho, is gorgeous…not to be missed. Have fun!

I usually make the dining reservations and last September I scheduled my parents to eat at the Grand Floridian Cafe. Well we are all going back in September and when I asked them where they wanted me to make reservations they chose the Grand Floridian Cafe. They said the food was good and they really enjoyed it there.

And I know what you mean about the buffets…they are so filling.

[QUOTE=VickieMouse;986201]I usually make the dining reservations and last September I scheduled my parents to eat at the Grand Floridian Cafe. Well we are all going back in September and when I asked them where they wanted me to make reservations they chose the Grand Floridian Cafe. They said the food was good and they really enjoyed it there.

And I know what you mean about the buffets…they are so filling.[/QUOTE]

This is good to hear. i was just looking at allears and it seems a number of people don’t like it. We aren’t going till Dec, so please ask your parents to take notes. :happy:

We ate lunch at GFC a few years ago and loooooooooooovvvved it. They have the most amazing sandwiches! I highly recommend it. We just wandered over there to eat at GF QS to get away from the crowds at MK and ended up there. We had an AP back then and used our discount and our bill was low.

I just had breakfast at the GF Cafe this past Saturday. It’s a nice place; nothing spectacular, yet my DW loves to dine there.

We have done dinner and lunch there. Great service but a better deal for lunch.

We ate our Thanksgiving lunch there last Nov and loved it. It has the elegance of the GF, but is not stuffy formal. There was some outside seating too. The meal had a home cooked feel and our waitress was very grandmotherly nice :blush:. Would definately recommend eating there!!

We have eaten at GFC twice both times have been wonderful experiences. Last time we went DD wanted a salad off the appetizer in entree size and they did it for her.

There have been one or two times that I changed my mind about where to eat dinner that night and tried switching to GF Cafe, but I wasn’t able to get a reservation.
And we all know I don’t like to chance walking up without reservations.

When I mentioned my plan to DD, she said as soon as you walk into the GF you’ll feel like you don’t belong. I’ve heard that statement about the GF from others too. So I’m glad to hear your comments.

Another reason we were looking here was, it’s on the monorail. In order to get from POP to a resort we would have to either take a taxi (might do that going home) or do the double transportation thing. I figured doing bus/monorail would be a whole lot quicker than bus/bus.

Mike and I had breakfast at the GF Cafe’ and loved it. The service was excellent, very attentive but not too much, the food was excellent - Lobster Eggs Benedict, jummmmmm