Tell me about Pop Century

I stayed at All Star Sports when I was 14 years old, back in 1995.
I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside last year.
Those are my only on-site experiences and I don’t remember all star sports that much.

We’d love to stay at POR again but moneywise it might not be a great idea. So we’re considering taking a trip next year and staying at Pop Century.

Anyone stayed there before? What were your experiences? Pros? Cons?

I haven’t stayed at POP, but we toured it the last time we were in the World. (We were staying at All-Star Music at the time.) I gotta say I noticed a lot of pros - the resort is newer, brighter and cleaner than the All-Stars, and the food court was MUCH better! Bigger, brighter and cleaner (noticing a trend here? :laugh:) and a better variety of food choices.

The only con I can come up with is we waited a long time for a bus…and we weren’t picky, just trying to get to any of the 4 parks. But I think overall our bus experience was a fluke. I haven’t heard many bad things about this resort at all, and in fact there are a lot of MBers who go back regularly because they love it!

I think for a budget choice, you can’t go wrong with Pop. :happy:

I agree. I’ve stayed at Pop five times and I’ve never had a bad stay. It has everything there that I need.

I do wish that values could get a sit down restaurant. It wouldn’t have to be anything fancy just somewhere where a server comes to the table.
I’ve actually always wanted to see a 50’s style dinner at Pop.

[QUOTE=vlogilvie;937261]
I’ve actually always wanted to see a 50’s style dinner at Pop.[/QUOTE]

That is a great idea Valerie!! Informal enough for a value, and would fit well with the theme. I love it!

We’ve stayed at Pop a couple of times and we just booked another trip to stay there again. We love it!

POP is our favorite value

Pop is our favorite value as well. We usually stay there a night or two before switching to our DVC resort.

we have stayed thre twice we like it alot … our favorite is music… but POP is great clean, bright and good food. try the tie dyed chessecake yumm. big con the buses very long wait. especialy at night coming back… we tried to stay there again this year it was booked. but they were just as bad with the all star music…

I love Pop!!! :wub:

I agree that the wait for the buses can get long… but I have noticed that it’s gotten much better than it used to be. I remember back when it was rather new it could take an hour+ to get on a bus from the MK after Wishes. I haven’t had a wait like that for a while now. Maybe things are getting better?

WL and AKL are often called the “Moderate Deluxes” because of their pricing. I think Pop is kind of a “Value Moderate” because it’s quite nice. It’s food court and gift shop are at least as good (or maybe better) than some of the moderates. And we’ve stayed at CBR, POFQ, and POR.

those of you that said POP is your favorite (and didn’t elaborate) would you mind telling me why it’s your favorite?

Anyone think the buses might be okay in the off-season (late January?)

I’ve heard the food court can be super crowded too. I hope we dont’ end up having to eat cold food all the time.

What are some of your favorite things to eat at the food court??

blue slushies:laugh: i:heart: blue slushies at pop!!

whats not to love

[QUOTE=MrsBee;937352]those of you that said POP is your favorite (and didn’t elaborate) would you mind telling me why it’s your favorite?

I’ve heard the food court can be super crowded too. I hope we dont’ end up having to eat cold food all the time.

What are some of your favorite things to eat at the food court??[/QUOTE]

IMHO, POP’s theming is brighter and better than the other Values–it’s just a better concept. Just walk down the wall in the registration area and look at the wall exhibits. The gift shop is the biggest of all the values. The rooms are bright, up-to-date. We’ve stayed Labor Day week twice and the food court wasn’t overcrowded. I can’t say anything about the buses because we always rent a car (if we don’t drive there in the 1st place).

Don’t get me wrong, POP is not the Contemporary or Grand Floridian, but we (surprisingly) have had as much fun there as any of the moderates we’ve stayed at.

Since we discovered PC, we probably won’t do a moderate again (barring a big discount), they’re (IMHO, again) just not $70-80/night better.

I stayed at POP for 10 days in 2007 and absolutely LOVED it!!! I have stayed at All Star Music and All Star Sports and won’t be staying there again anytime soon. :glare: I was not impressed AT ALL. I was so worried about POP. But turns out, WE LOVED IT!!! EVERYTHING about POP was better than the All Stars, IMHO. And I never had ANY issues with bus service when I was there. We never waited longer than 5-10 minutes for a bus. And don’t get me started on the food court…we ate there AT LEAST once a day! And everything was SOOOOOO YUMMY!!! :wub: They have an AWESOME game room for the kids, their store inside EVERYTHING POP is amazing, the main pool was fun, the pool bar was great!!! I could go on and on. I would NEVER hesitate to recommend POP to anyone!!! HAVE FUN!!!

I stayed at POP November 2007 7 nights and Sept 2008 8 nights. If I was going back tomorrow, I would stay there again. When we go to DW we are in the parks from the time we get up and around until we are dropping into bed. I’m going to see the park attractions, not lounge around the resort. Therefore, I stay at the value. If I were spending more time at the resort, had kids to enjoy the pools/slides, maybe it would be different.

We’ve never been to the food court and it was uncomfortably busy, but we may hit it a little earlier than those with little kids.

I love the food court and gift shops.

The only downfall that I can see for POP is everywhere except MGM and Marketplace, it is the LAST bus stop. After a long day at MK, that 14 mile walk to the bus stop is a killer!

[QUOTE=MrsBee;937352]

QUOTE]

Hi MrsBee,

We were there Jan 20th to 27th. The busses were fine. Never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus regardless of where we were headed.

The hotel desk said that they were almost completely booked when we were there, but honestly, it never felt that crowded EXCEPT at breakfast. It was hard finding a table then a couple of mornings. Usually though, we were fine.

:simba::cheshire::goofybounce: LOVE POP!!! Especially DS!!

We stayed at POP on our first trip to WDW so it always holds a special place in our heart! It was clean, the food court had enough choices for adults and kids.The pools were not crowded and the whole resort has a fun vibe to it. We bought into DVC on our 2nd day, first trip, so we didn’t go back to POP until a one night stay several trips later.Even being spoiled by DVC, I still enjoyed POP. I would recomend it as a value or as a resort for people who don’t want quiet time by the pool.It has that Disney feel and you will have a blast…IMHO !!

Thanks for all the responses! It’s making me feel better about possibly staying at POP next year.