Tell me about Renting points!

So Iam renting points from a co-worker @ the BC.

I pretty much know alot about DVC and Iam renting points @ $10 a point.
I believe my co-worker hasn’t rented them out before?!
She booked my ressie for me today and I handed her a check for $200 as a deposit with promise to pay balance sometime in Feb with my Tax refund.
Is that fair what I did? I want to pay off as soon as possible. Her year is in March so she must use this $$ to pay her dues in Feb. She told me once I pay the balance she will give me the confirmation letter, I already have the conf. # and she booked the DDP for me and said to give flight info (when I have it) for DME, if I want it.

Also can someone explain the housekeeping situation to me. When they come and rules. I will be staying a Saturday to a Saturday, in a studio.

I stayed with Wishy last year on GT at OKW, so I know for those 4 days we had no housekeeping.

I can always bring my pool towel back to room if needed, Iam assuming…

Thanks! :happy:

Sounds like a typical rental to me. When I rented from a member here I paid half at the time of booking and the other half 3 months out.

You will get trash and towel service on day 4 but I believe that’s it. I don’t think you get a full cleaning unless your stay is more than 8 nights. I’m counting your stay as 7 nights, right?

You will get trash and towel service on the 4th day and full cleaning on the 7th or8th day. I can’t remember exactly. You can bring a towel back from the pool if needed. If you really want the room cleaned, you can pay for it. I can’t remember what it cost to clean the studio though maybe someone else knows.

It looks like DT got to you first. Great minds think alot.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;921353]Sounds like a typical rental to me. When I rented from a member here I paid half at the time of booking and the other half 3 months out.

You will get trash and towel service on day 4 but I believe that’s it. I don’t think you get a full cleaning unless your stay is more then 8 nights. I’m counting your stay as 7 nights, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, 7nts!! :happy:

I will have to be extra tidy with my towels! :angel:

Iam so ready to wipe off the bathroom sink counter and wet floor with the towel I used for the day and get a fresh one for the next! I hate a wet counter, floor! :pinch:

Now at home, I dont do that… Iam very particular and use the same 2 towels (1 bath, 1 smaller one for head) for the week, then throw it in the wash!

Thank you For your responses Steph and Pooh Fan! :happy:

Yes, yes!!! :happy:

I wish I had more insight for you on renting points but I’ve never rented my points out so I don’t know exactly how it works. That’s SO awesome you get to stay at Beach Club, you’ll LOVE it! I gave up a Beach Club reservation this June 'cause I am dying to stay at the new Kidani Village at AKL.

Anyway, I can tell you that when you stay for a week you’ll get the trash/towel service in the middle of your stay. Daniel and I have called ‘mousekeeping’ on several occassions, especially when the weather has been bad we we’d come home soaked, and asked for additional towels/hangers when needed; it was never a problem. They didn’t try to charge us or anything like that.

Just toss your towel in with the rest of the wash, if you do a cycle of laundry whie you
are there.

On one day this trip, we requested additional towels, and they did charge us a small fee.

Are you in a studio or a 1 bedroom? If it’s a bedroom suite, it’s no problem to through the towels in the laundry and wash them yourself.

As for payment for renting points - that’s usually a personal thing between the renter and rentee. Whatever the two of you decide upon.

Miss Dis and Llama,

I have a studio booked so no washer/dryer!!! :frown:

If I had the 1 bedroom, it would be no problem!!!

They still have Washers and Dryers by the pool right?

But I have to pay for it, right?

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;921393]I wish I had more insight for you on renting points but I’ve never rented my points out so I don’t know exactly how it works. That’s SO awesome you get to stay at Beach Club, you’ll LOVE it! I gave up a Beach Club reservation this June 'cause I am dying to stay at the new Kidani Village at AKL.

Anyway, I can tell you that when you stay for a week you’ll get the trash/towel service in the middle of your stay. Daniel and I have called ‘mousekeeping’ on several occassions, especially when the weather has been bad we we’d come home soaked, and asked for additional towels/hangers when needed; it was never a problem. They didn’t try to charge us or anything like that.[/QUOTE]

You dont have to have rented points to give me any tips!

And you just did!:happy:

Just anything that I would not know about staying in a DVC room, that’s about all, (like Ive been asking about here).

I almost booked a 1bedroom at AK for the weekend, and the girl Iam renting from stayed at AK Villas last year and hated it! She said it was a very long walk to the room and dark and gloomy to her. I forget what else she said…

I told her that I thought that was weird because alot of people (here) love the AK but she said it wasn’t for them! Didnt feel like Disney to them.

You’re staying at BCV, right? The laundry in the villas is not by the pool, It’s free so it’s not out where guests staying in the regular resort will easily find it and use it.

Another great tip! Thanks Steph! :happy:
I think I will definately be using it!!! :happy:

do you bring your own detergent from home?
I was thinking of doing that, putting them in ziploc bags (obviously I will have to buy the powder kind or get some from wal-mart when Iam there) and some dryer sheets to put in my suitcase.

[QUOTE=Val32;922041]Another great tip! Thanks Steph! :happy:
I think I will definately be using it!!! :happy:

do you bring your own detergent from home?
I was thinking of doing that, putting them in ziploc bags (obviously I will have to buy the powder kind or get some from wal-mart when Iam there) and some dryer sheets to put in my suitcase.[/QUOTE]

We always bring our own detergent, it’s easier. I look at websites like Tide and Downy and wait until they offer free samples and hang on to those until we go.

We’ve been able to find one-use packages of laundry detergent to bring. Sometimes they are by the detergent, other times we’ve found them by the travel-size “stuff” in a Wal-Mart, Target, etc. They work great and are usually very inexpensive. Then we can put a dozen or so dryer sheets in a sandwich size ziploc; takes up almost no space in the suitcase.

Iam going to look out for samples! Thanks! :happy:

Yes Ive seen them in the travel section of the stores before and I plan on bringing dryer sheets from home! :happy:

Can someone please refresh my memory on the tipping for mousekeeping?

I dont remember what we did when I went with Jess and Jen @ OKW but we didnt have any kind of service at all since we were only going for 3 days!

I will be there for 7nites, just DD and I, with probably 1 trash/linen service.

Thanks!

just bumping up my last question…

[QUOTE=Val32;923290]Can someone please refresh my memory on the tipping for mousekeeping?

I dont remember what we did when I went with Jess and Jen @ OKW but we didnt have any kind of service at all since we were only going for 3 days!

I will be there for 7nites, just DD and I, with probably 1 trash/linen service.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Tipping is totally up to you just like a non-DVC resort. We tip for mousekeeping services even at DVC resorts, they provide a service for us so we tip them. Trash and towels service is pretty easy so I tip less for that than I would a full cleaning.