Tell me about the Beach Club!

Iam sooooo stoked that I get to stay at the Beach Club this year!
Iam renting points from my co-worker (I just couldnt let it slip by me!), and we will be staying in the Villas for the week, in a studio, first week of November for Halloween and F&W Festival. :cool::happy:

Tell me about the bus service, and more importantly places around to eat at. Such as breakfast (mainly we will be looking for places to eat breakfast at in the area). I know Yacht, Swan and Dolphin are nearby.

And is it true Swan and Dolphin are NOT on the DDP?
I know there’s a character meal @ Gulliver’s (?), Please tell me if anyone has done that charcter meal before.

Also looking to book some new places this year like THE WAVE @ Contemp.

Also another question, if you order in to your room for breakfast, can you use the DDP for that?

You are a hop skip and a jump from Epcot . . . so you can walk or take the boat over and grab a bite there for breakfast!

We loved Cape May Cafe . . . and the sandy beach . . . oh and like I said we are so coming over one day to play in that pool!! :happy::cool:

I’m so excited for you . . . awesome!

Congratulations on getting BCV, you’re going to love it. For the most part we have had very good luck with the buses at BCV, no major issues.

We don’t eat many breakfasts out but Cape May is pretty good.

Food from room service is on the DDP, I think it’s 2 credits per meal.

Food choices are pretty much unlimited given the Epcot location and the Boardwalk. The Marketplace in the BC has great sandwiches and gelati. We like Spoodles on the Boardwalk too - especially for breakfast.

The bus service is prompt and leaves from the front parking lot - a short walk from the BCV. Drop-offs hit the Yacht Club first.

We also like to take an evening walk around the Boardwalk before calling it a night - stop for ice cream at Beaches and catch Illuminations from a bench near the Lighthouse.

Cape May Cafe has a character breakfast. Very good. Across the way is a bakery near BW. Has muffins and that type of breakfasty stuff. We enjoy Boma for breakfast at AK. We’re not big breakfast people. BCV is a great locale. The BW area is alot of fun. You are just a few minutes from Epcot. You can walk. You also can either take a boat ride to DHS or that’s a walk too but it’s a long walk. BCV is our home resort and we are in love with it. And yes you have the use of the coveted pool. The most popular of them all!! Oh and you must go to Beaches and Cream.

Two weeks ago we were at Beach Club and I still go to sleep every night thinking how happy I am that it is our first home resort. The marketplace is a very short walk from the villas building. We had breakfast there every morning- egg, ham and cheese croissant with two drinks counts as one CS credit. For lunch, they had a roast beef and brie on ciabatta bread :happy:

The Wave was very good as well- a great use of a TS credit if you tend to order more expensive items (like filet). We’ll be going back for another meal there.

(I wouldn’t bother with the Captain’s Grille at Yacht Club). Beaches and Cream is a must, as others have said.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;921291]You are a hop skip and a jump from Epcot . . . so you can walk or take the boat over and grab a bite there for breakfast!

We loved Cape May Cafe . . . and the sandy beach . . . oh and like I said we are so coming over one day to play in that pool!! :happy::cool:

I’m so excited for you . . . awesome![/QUOTE]

Thanks!!! nothing like a trip planned to WDW to make your day/year!! :happy:

We plan on taking the boat to Epcot & HS, it’s too far for DD to walk!

We are not big fans of CMC! :blush:
Was looking in other options in terms of CS.

I think a trip to the pool at nite time could work! :happy:

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;921293]Congratulations on getting BCV, you’re going to love it. For the most part we have had very good luck with the buses at BCV, no major issues.

We don’t eat many breakfasts out but Cape May is pretty good.

Food from room service is on the DDP, I think it’s 2 credits per meal.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!! We can’t wait!!! :cool::happy:

Iam not a big breakfast person either but if Iam going to be out in the parks I like a big breakfast for the energy… otherwise DD and I will be dead before sundown! :pinch: (DD passes out if she doesn’t eat 3 meals a day too!) I only eat breakfast while at WDW, at home, I have a bowl of cereal, that’s about it!

2 credits, huh? :pinch: Oh well that’s out! lol

So BC only shares with the YC, correct?
I might end up driving (renting a car) again.

[QUOTE=Elmo;921296]Food choices are pretty much unlimited given the Epcot location and the Boardwalk. The Marketplace in the BC has great sandwiches and gelati. We like Spoodles on the Boardwalk too - especially for breakfast.

The bus service is prompt and leaves from the front parking lot - a short walk from the BCV. Drop-offs hit the Yacht Club first.

We also like to take an evening walk around the Boardwalk before calling it a night - stop for ice cream at Beaches and catch Illuminations from a bench near the Lighthouse.[/QUOTE]

I :heart: Spoodles for dinnner! YUM
For breakfast, is it CS?

DD hates to walk, so that is out! lol :laugh:

BUT I have been meaning to get to B&C for years now!
Have been dying to go there for Ice Cream!!!
Might stop by for lunch when we arrive at the hotel! :happy:
Are the wait times long all day long??? What are good times to go there?

Is there any way to get to the BW besides walk/drive?

Can’t wait for Stormalong Bay!!! :happy:
Is it true that only Villas guests can use that pool? I read that in my passporter. I find it strange that the guests from the main hotel can’t use it?! :confused: Oh and they say that they are strict on checking resort Id’s.

And do you know what time the pools close at nite? Do they kick out at a certain time or is pretty much open whenever (minus the slides).

[QUOTE=leslieh;921300]Two weeks ago we were at Beach Club and I still go to sleep every night thinking how happy I am that it is our first home resort. The marketplace is a very short walk from the villas building. We had breakfast there every morning- egg, ham and cheese croissant with two drinks counts as one CS credit. For lunch, they had a roast beef and brie on ciabatta bread :happy:

The Wave was very good as well- a great use of a TS credit if you tend to order more expensive items (like filet). We’ll be going back for another meal there.

(I wouldn’t bother with the Captain’s Grille at Yacht Club). Beaches and Cream is a must, as others have said.[/QUOTE]

DD is picky w/breakfast foods, what do they have for kids?
Don’t think we will really be there for lunch, unless we have an “OFF” day from the parks.
I think I saw something else @ the Yacht for good CS breakfast ?

[QUOTE=Val32;921319]Is there any way to get to the BW besides walk/drive?

Is it true that only Villas guests can use that pool? I read that in my passporter. I find it strange that the guests from the main hotel can’t use it?! :confused: Oh and they say that they are strict on checking resort Id’s.

And do you know what time the pools close at nite? Do they kick out at a certain time or is pretty much open whenever (minus the slides).[/QUOTE]

The pool is for all of BC, YC, and BCV. There’s no pool hopping, you have to have a room key for every member in your group and you have to have a wristband.

It’s a 5 minute walk from BC to BW, it’s way less walking than a day in the parks.

The pool closes late, 10 or 11 and once the guards leave you aren’t allowed in but you can use the quiet pools all night as long as you’re quiet.

By the way, you can get a quick breakfast at the counter service in the gift shop. They don’t have a lot of choices but we always make it work.

[QUOTE=Val32;921319]Is there any way to get to the BW besides walk/drive?

And do you know what time the pools close at nite? Do they kick out at a certain time or is pretty much open whenever (minus the slides).[/QUOTE]

The walk is short to the BW, or you can take the Friendship boats.

If the passporter says that only villa guests can use Stormalong Bay, that is not correct! Christmas week, there was someone checking resort IDs at the towel bin and giving out bracelets. I can’t remembe when SB closed, sorry.

There is a quiet pool with a hot tub in the villas by the way. I went there most nights. I met many nice people in the hot tub!

Everyone pretty much answered your question. I just wanted to say that it is definitely my favorite resort. I bet you are going to love it too. Your DD will love the pool. My kids sure do!

[QUOTE=leslieh;921327]The walk is short to the BW, or you can take the Friendship boats.

If the passporter says that only villa guests can use Stormalong Bay, that is not correct! Christmas week, there was someone checking resort IDs at the towel bin and giving out bracelets. I can’t remembe when SB closed, sorry.

There is a quiet pool with a hot tub in the villas by the way. I went there most nights. I met many nice people in the hot tub![/QUOTE]

I love meeting and talking with people in the hot tub! lol :laugh:
One day I will meet a single hottie! :happy:

Thank you Leslieh and DT for clarifying that about the pool

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;921323]The pool is for all of BC, YC, and BCV. There’s no pool hopping, you have to have a room key for every member in your group and you have to have a wristband.

It’s a 5 minute walk from BC to BW, it’s way less walking than a day in the parks.

The pool closes late, 10 or 11 and once the guards leave you aren’t allowed in but you can use the quiet pools all night as long as you’re quiet.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

I still have my doubts about DD, we will have to see. We are talking about a kid here who gets tired walking around the grocery store! :rolleyes:
At least when you are in the parks you take breaks, go on rides, eat, watch a show/parade, etc… She complains her legs hurt! :rolleyes:
As far as I go, as long as I have good walking shoes, I don’t mind the exercise! :happy:

My DD is all about the pools! :laugh: (She likes water parks too)

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;921323]The pool is for all of BC, YC, and BCV. There’s no pool hopping, you have to have a room key for every member in your group and you have to have a wristband.

The pool closes late, 10 or 11 and once the guards leave you aren’t allowed in but you can use the quiet pools all night as long as you’re quiet.[/QUOTE]

Oh well there goes that dream of finally knowing someone staying at the resort! :glare: OH WELL!! I’ll just have to drool over Val’s photos!