Tell me about the boat between Epcot & DHS

silly question…but, does it go both ways? the only thread i found about it discusses how it leaves Epcot in route to DHS making 2 other stops along the way at resorts.
also, where could i catch the boat from DHS?

thanks so much for any info.

i found some of my answers in this thread on another site:
Epcot to DHS - The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

i am thinking that it runs both ways…wouldn’t really make much sense if it didn’t.

looking at the map from my found thread…i am thinking the walking path might be fun too. either way…it’s a short trip between the parks.

The boat actually makes a loop between HS, the Epcot resorts, and Epcot.

When you are leaving HS keep to the far left and you will see the boat dock down a small.

Those boats are classified as “resort transportation” so they’ll never go DIRECT straight from EPCOT to Studios or Studios to EPCOT. They’ll always stop at the 3 resort docks BEFORE going on to either park. That’s what I was told by a skipper at least.

Yes - it goes both ways. Although it is EXCRUCIATINGLY slow! It stops at Epcot, Boardwalk, Beach/Yacht Club, Swan/Dolphin, Studios.

We’ve walked from the Studios to Boardwalk and beat the boat.

[QUOTE=llama;1014661]Yes - it goes both ways. Although it is EXCRUCIATINGLY slow! It stops at Epcot, Boardwalk, Beach/Yacht Club, Swan/Dolphin, Studios.

We’ve walked from the Studios to Boardwalk and beat the boat.[/QUOTE]

OK so this may be a stupid question. But I had never realized you could walk from any park to any resort before. Are there any other parks you can walk from to a resort?
Sorry if i’m jacking this thread:blush:

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1014668]OK so this may be a stupid question. But I had never realized you could walk from any park to any resort before. Are there any other parks you can walk from to a resort?
Sorry if i’m jacking this thread:blush:[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can walk to Epcot from either Boardwalk or Beach/Yacht Club - it’s a very short walk - only 5 minutes. You can walk to the Studios from Boardwalk or Beach/Yacht Club, although it’s about a 20 minute walk. You can also walk to the Studios from the Swan/Dolphin - about 15 minutes. I guess you could walk to Epcot from the Swan/Dolphin too - although it would be a good, long trek. You can walk to the MK from the Contemporary too.:happy:

(what jack? I don’t see a jack.:blink::laugh:)

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1014668]OK so this may be a stupid question. But I had never realized you could walk from any park to any resort before. Are there any other parks you can walk from to a resort?

You can walk from the Contemporary to the MK, it’s a 5-10 minute walk depending on your pace.

Beach Club is a 5 minute walk to the back gate of Epcot. Boardwalk is maybe 10 minutes from Epcot, and the Swan/Dolphin are maybe 15 minutes from Epcot. The walk from these resort to HS is maybe 15-20 minutes.

Sorry for posting the same information. You are quick llama!

We took the boat in our January trip because of the rain and it honestly was a nice relaxing ride.

We like taking the boat between the EPCOT resorts to / from the park, and between the parks. It is slow, but it is relaxing, and it saves our older legs for what is really important… running around the parks.

I like taking the boat because it give us a break from buses and there is a lot to see along the way. It is a nice relaxing ride if you are not in a hurry.

This would be better in the walkway thread, but other than the 5 Epcot deluxe resorts on Crescent Lake, the only other resort/park combination that you can walk is MK to Contemporary.
Back to the boat, there are many times that I took the boat from MGM and got off at the first stop and then walked to Epcot from there and every time, I have beaten the boat from the Dolphin to International Gateway.
I have also walked from Swan and Boardwalk to MGM (DHS) and beaten the boat in both directions. Of course, if you walk, you won’t waste the extra time waiting in line for the boat to dock and load either.
I have never walked the entire distance from DHS to Epcot, but I’m sure you would get to Epcot a good 20 minutes sooner walking instead of riding.
On the other hand, there is also a bus that goes directly from DHS to Epcot, and that is a lot faster, especially as it doesn’t make 3 intermediate stops along the way. Just keep in mind that all buses run from Epcot’s main entrance while the boats go to International Gateway.

It’s not that great of a trek. I’ve done it plenty of times, both when staying at Swolphin and when I wasn’t.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1014723]…
Back to the boat, there are many times that I took the boat from MGM and got off at the first stop and then walked to Epcot from there and every time, I have beaten the boat from the Dolphin to International Gateway…[/QUOTE]

this is exactly the insider info. i was hoping to find. thank you for responding!

really!!??!! how did i not know (or maybe remember) this!!?? i’ve been thinking that the boat would keep us out of a light rain and give us a quick transport to Epcot for diner ressie from HS, if we need to switch up our park choice one day due to weather.

…but it looks like now that the bus would be the best choice for getting from HS to Epcot if time & weather are both factors!

thanks again for your help!

Chottsy, you bring up a very important point.
During very heavy storms, intense lightning, and strong winds, the boats don’t move.
This goes for all boats property wide, whether it’s the Friendships, the little resort launches on Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon, the ferries on SSL, the large MK to Bay Lake yachts, and the DTD/Port Orleans pontoon shuttles.
In the event of real heavy weather, only the bus continues to run.
Now, when choosing bus or boat to get between the two parks, you need to think about which entry is closer to the restaurant/attraction in Epcot that you want to get to. This means, if you want to get to England, France, Morocco, or Japan, you might (maybe) do better taking the boat, again, depending on how long the line is for the boat, how close to the dock the boat is, and how far along loading seems to be on the boat. The good news is that you can make that decision as you reach the bus station assignment boards in front of DHS simply by looking to the left toward the boat landing. If things look grim, continue to the bus stop for the Epcot/DHS bus.
And again, the full trip from DHS to Epcot via boat is about 40-45 minutes.

I agree with you, Justin. Our Llama is a bit antsy, I guess. The ride is fantastic.

A great way to explore the other resorts too. The boat stops at the Swan and the Dolphin.

[QUOTE=Dopey;1014847]I agree with you, Justin. Our Llama is a bit antsy, I guess. The ride is fantastic.

A great way to explore the other resorts too. The boat stops at the Swan and the Dolphin.[/QUOTE]

:laugh: Yes - yes I am.

Slow rides drive me crazy! Although I honestly think it’s the smell of the diesel engine that really gets to me.

[QUOTE=llama;1014894]:laugh: Yes - yes I am.

Slow rides drive me crazy! Although I honestly think it’s the smell of the diesel engine that really gets to me.[/QUOTE]

oh you’re not kidding that smell can kill ya. I try not to sit too close to where it comes out, hehe

[QUOTE=llama;1014894]:laugh: Yes - yes I am.

Slow rides drive me crazy! Although I honestly think it’s the smell of the diesel engine that really gets to me.[/QUOTE]

Quoting a popular paraphrase from the live entertainment and generator industries: “I love the smell of diesel in the morning”.

Show Power used to have tee shirts that said that.
They also had one that said “220, 221, Whatever it takes”.

Obvious nods to Apocalypse Now and Mr. Dad.