Tell us about your Favorite Disneyland Restaurants

We need to hear from you! What are your fave eating places in DLR/DCA? I will start.

DLR - Carnation Cafe - love the outdoor seating and the casual feel, good food

DLR - Hungry Bear - love the outdoor seating right by the water! The kids have a little room to roam so for those “stuck” in strollers (pampered is more like it - i am referring to my 4 and 6 year old of course) they can safely stretch their legs a bit. Plus, bathrooms are really close. Good standard Disney food.

DCA - Pacific Wharf Cafe - ok, i am sensing a theme here! Love the outdoor seating - wonderful covered area with lots of seating that you can maneuver around for use of large groups. The Sonoma Chicken and Apple salad is really good - served in a sourdough bread bowl. Bread lovers cannot miss this!!! This is also where you purchase your Sourdough Mickey Head - the BEST!!!

lots more…let’s hear what you think!:mickey:

We love Blue Bayou!! That monte cristo is to die for and you can’t beat the atmopshere. I love the portobello entree, it is delicious!!

We also enjoyed the Taste Pilot Grill. The hamburgers and toppings tasted great. The kids loved watching the feral cats, they didn’t bother us, they were sunning themselves.

Ditto on Pacific Wharf. Love the bread!! We bought some to bring home and it didn’t last the plane ride home. LOL

Does the Bengal BBQ count? Gotta have my Safari Skewer! Nothing like some bacon-wrapped asparagus. :wub:

DS7 votes for the Taste Pilots’ Grill, for the ribs.

Love the Blue Bayou atmosphere, but the food is kinda meh.

I agree with both Bengal BBQ and Pacific Wharf…and I learned about them through the buzz!

My favorites :heart::

• Steakhouse 55, it’s REALLY become awesome since changing from Granville’s
  • Goofy’s Kitchen, best character meal ever :smile:
  • Storyteller’s Cafe

Counter Service:

• Pacific Wharf Cafe
  • French Market

DLR - Club 33 - It’s the best for drinky poos in the park. Gotta love the music from the band below…

DCA - Wine Country Trattoria - nice, quiet, a relaxing change…

DTD - Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen - Best ever…

Hotel - Napa Rose - It’s a bit expensive, but really wonderful food.
Storyteller’s Cafe - a close second, without the expense

Andrea - I love your quote from The Office - Jim is my favorite (well, Jim and Dwight) and that scene in particular is the BEST!:laugh:

We just love Steakhouse 5, we were there for Valentine’s Day. The food is wonderful!!

Thanks- I use it because I have never laughed so hard at anything else on television as I did when I watched that scene!

For me … it isn’t a trip to Disneyland unless the Blue Bayou is on the agenda!

Yes it’s pricey … but where else can you enjoy a night time meal, anytime of the day? :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Andrea;858401]Does the Bengal BBQ count? Gotta have my Safari Skewer! Nothing like some bacon-wrapped asparagus. :wub:

DS7 votes for the Taste Pilots’ Grill, for the ribs.

Love the Blue Bayou atmosphere, but the food is kinda meh.[/QUOTE]

OH! Bengal BBQ!!! YUMMO!!!

OK…so restaurants…

Disneyland - Club 33 It’s just so wonderful to sit up above New Orleans Square and enjoy a lovely meal and a cocktail:happy:

If not there then…Carnation Cafe. I love sitting under those red and white umbrellas and enjoy either breakfast or lunch.

DCA - Boudin Bakery…I LOVE their broccoli cheese soup in the sour dough bread bowl! YUM!

When we lived out there 10 years ago we ate breakfast each sunday at the Caranation Cafe. We also had lunch at Gippetto’s over by the Disneyland Hotel. It no longer there. We also enjoy eating at the Hungry Bear Rest.

[QUOTE=Peppertink;861413]OH! Bengal BBQ!!! YUMMO!!!

OK…so restaurants…

Disneyland - Club 33 It’s just so wonderful to sit up about New Orleans Square and enjoy a lovely meal and a cocktail:happy![/QUOTE]

Okay, Pepperstink, you can just bite me with that one. :glare:

I can’t see ever getting to go there. :crying:

You lucky girl. :happy:

[QUOTE=Andrea;861539]Okay, Pepperstink, you can just bite me with that one. :glare:

You lucky girl. :happy:[/QUOTE]

Hehe:angel: You are right…I am a lucky girl! I don’t know that I’ll ever get to go again though:crying:

:ohmy::ohmy:How come you never told us that you’re an important personage and that you can get in there?

[QUOTE=Andrea;861539]Okay, Pepperstink, you can just bite me with that one. :glare:

You lucky girl. :happy:[/QUOTE]

I’ve never been there, but the Legal Beagle has…I hear the atmosphere is lovely, dandy spot to have a cocktail, but the food is nothing to write home about. :blink:

Which kinda took all the air outta the balloon for me. If the food doesn’t live up to the cachet of the place…sigh. I’d rather go to NR.

[QUOTE=Voldemort;861587]I’ve never been there, but the Legal Beagle has…I hear the atmosphere is lovely, dandy spot to have a cocktail, but the food is nothing to write home about. :blink:

Which kinda took all the air outta the balloon for me. If the food doesn’t live up to the cachet of the place…sigh. I’d rather go to NR.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. But the food was good when I went, though. I found out the food quality was less than tasty when the heir apparent got to go a second time. His plate of shrimp was good, but everything else, according to his mom, was subrate… :pinch:

Napa Rose is OH SO MUCH BETTER than Club 33. :pirate:

[QUOTE=Voldemort;861587]I’ve never been there, but the Legal Beagle has…I hear the atmosphere is lovely, dandy spot to have a cocktail, but the food is nothing to write home about. :blink:

Which kinda took all the air outta the balloon for me. If the food doesn’t live up to the cachet of the place…sigh. I’d rather go to NR.[/QUOTE]

The food was outstanding when I was there. That was a about four years ago now:eek: Sad to hear that the standard may have slipped.:closedeye But…hehe…for me…it was sorta about the exclusivity!:blush:

I very rarely have bad experiences at fine dining establishments but let me tell you what… Napa Rose, nevah’ goin’ there again. :laugh: I wrote a whole section about it in my TR so I won’t go in depth but it just WAS NOT what I expected. The food at Steakhouse55 was much better, and guess what, so was the service. Blah.

What a minute, how in the world is everyone getting into Club33? This is like my life dream, I am dying to go there. :sad: