Ten Thoughts on Dining after my 20th Trip

In the flavor of my other post, here are ten quick thoughts on my dining experience from my last trip.

[ol]
[li]For a 9 day trip I had 4 ADRs. I really enjoyed the freedom not to be tied to a particular place. Its probably the first time in 6 or 7 trips I have not overplanned. That being said, If I had a dining plan I’d probably schedule each day.
[/li][li]Even though the Dining plan is not the value it once was, it does spare the sticker shock of paying each time. 27.99 for lunch at Biergarten for lunch was really tough to swallow.
[/li][li]My favorite ADR? an 8-8:15 at Rose and Crown for a patio view of Illuminations. Thats worth the price of the dinner.
[/li][li]Seasons continues to be my favorite counter service. It manages to take a huge facility and put it in an interesting place. I like the land pavilion very much. Now can’t we do something with Wonders of Life?
[/li][li]A great deal is the Pizza at crockets tavern in Fort Wilderness. The Pizza is OK, but I fed three hungys guys with leftovers for like $16. Too bad there are only 3 tables.
[/li][li]Which leads to this point. Trails End is TERRIBLE. This used to be my favorite buffet. Prices are up and thay have hijacked most of the tavern for seating. Lots more tables with no additional serving area means long waits. I felt so sad watching my 8 yo stand in line for 12 minutes to get to the main food area. I won’t go here again unless there is a dramatic change.
[/li][li]Want a nicely themed counter service with seating even in heavy crouds? Columbia Harbor house has lots of interesting decor and upstairs seating is often overlooked.
[/li][li]Thank goodness Hollywood studios has overpriced beer. I sat in the shade with my brew while the kids toiled in honey I shrunk the kids playset. Whew.
[/li][li]Id really like to try the yak and yeti counter service, but there are like 12 tables in the direct sun. No thanks for now.
[/li][li]I love the little apples with caramel snack available at the resorts. I havent gotten an unfresh apple yet.
[/li][/ol]

With you on number 2, and our dinner bill at Biergarten was also wicked- thank goodness for free dining!

i’m with you on number 3, i love rose&crown:heart:

1. Summertime, the ADR’s are required. But I get your point. We did it in the fall without ADR’s and you are absolutely right.
  2. Pay full price at 3 restaurants in 3 days and you get to feeling the meal plan is worth it. Especially deluxe dining if you are into food like we are and pay full price 3 times.
  3. Some of my favorite food, I love the fish and chips. Plus, best, cleanest, least crowded restrooms in all of Disney.
  4. Amen, I am a Disney beer guy, you are right here.
  5. My daughter loves these!

on Yak and Yeti - do try and get there for a table meal to avoid the sun. I was pleasantly surprised with that meal this past August when me and my DD tried it on a whim. We are most definately going back.

I agree with so many of your points!

I think its a pity that the Wonders of Life pavillion sits there empty year after year - it really doesn’t make a good impression.

We discovered Columbia Harbour House when we were on the Keys to the Kingdom tour. That was where our lunch was - we had never even thought about eating there before. Now we don’t think of eating anywhere else in the MK - the tuna sandwich is absolutely the best!

You’rs so right about the Yak & Yeti - we did try it and enjoyed our food - but the seating situation was terrible!

I think one of the newest, best deals for pizza is Via Napoli - beautiful surroundings, great pizza, reasonable prices. We paid less there for lunch than at counterservice.

[QUOTE=bribren;1056332]In the flavor of my other post, here are ten quick thoughts on my dining experience from my last trip.

[LIST=1]
[li]Even though the Dining plan is not the value it once was, it does spare the sticker shock of paying each time. 27.99 for lunch at Biergarten for lunch was really tough to swallow…[/QUOTE]
[/li]

[I]Which is why I always suggest the beer - to wash it down.[/I]

[/li]

[I]Unless you have a table of drunks behind you who begin to heave the excess beer they were drinking all day.   Takes the shine of the apple, so to speak.[/I]

[/li]
Agreed - truley a life saver.