Tentative Dining Ideas

My November trip is far too long away so I have been running over our dining options, to pass the time. I would love some input on our tentative choices.

[B]Hoop Dee Doo[/B] - It has been a few years & the kids do not remember it at all.
[B]Cinderella’s Royal Table - Dinner[/B] - We went last year, but it did not go as planned. It was a monsoon, we were soaked and we couldn’t dress up as I had planned. Hoping for a better outcome this time.
[B]Liberty Tree Tavern[/B] - Dinner - New for us
[B]The Wave[/B]-Dinner - New for us
[B]Chef Mickey’s[/B] - Breakfast - It has been several years
[B]Chef Mickey’s[/B] - Dinner - It has been several years

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

I definitely need to remember Hoop-de-doo when I’m making plans! I’ve never done it. Looks like so much fun and I think the girls will be a great age for it.

I can’t get excited about Chef Mickey for dinner, but I have no idea why. I’m all about the character breakfasts! (Probably because I can’t imagine a dinner item that I want a ridiculously unlimited pile of, unlike with breakfast… cough bacon cough :blush:)

I might break up eating the same place for breakfast and dinner unless there is a real reason that you are going to it twice. What about Ohana at the Poly?

I don’t like that the cost of CRT is “justified” by the forced inclusion of the photo package.
But if it’s for the kids, I suppose you have to do it once.
Change out a Chef Mickey’s for Crystal Palace, doesn’t matter which meal though I prefer dinner at CP over CM.
I’ve heard Liberty Tree is good, though it’s better if the characters are there. I can’t say for myself because I’ve never eaten there.

I do the same thing. I plan and re-plan just to have something WDW to do while I wait!

Hoop Dee Doo - It has been a few years & the kids do not remember it at all.

I have been here twice and loved it both times. It hasn’t been on our “to do” list in a long time. DD keeps shooting it down when I suggest it.

Cinderella’s Royal Table - Dinner - We went last year, but it did not go as planned. It was a monsoon, we were soaked and we couldn’t dress up as I had planned. Hoping for a better outcome this time.

I have never been to dinner here - only breakfast. I can’t imagine it being a terrible meal. Having a meal looking out at the Magic Kingdom is magical!

Liberty Tree Tavern - Dinner - New for us

I have never been. The menu turns off my DD who is super picky. We did have lunch here once and loved it!

The Wave-Dinner - New for us

Have never been and can’t wait to hear your thoughts, so be sure to report!!

Chef Mickey’s - Breakfast - It has been several years

Chef mickey’s is a blast. Everyone loves Chef Mickeys!

Chef Mickey’s - Dinner - It has been several years

Same thoughts as above!

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

You have some great choices. I love that you have a few new ones in with some familiar favorites. I can’t wait to read more about your plans and read the report when you get home.

Love Hoop Dee Doo, good food and a funny show!

CRT is a must do!

I like Liberty Tree for lunch, we all enjoyed our meals. Dinner there is only turkey, I think?

Haven’t been to the others, but Chef Mickey’s is on my list for the next trip!

Your choices look good. We used to really like LTT but the characters had a lot to do with that. The food is good but nothing that wows us. However, it’s worth it at least once to try it. You never know, it could become a new favorite.

I think I just read in the allears newsletter that Hoop De Doo is going to be under refurb from August to the end of the year.

Hoop Dee Doo is fun, just tell them you do NOT want table 99. I hope it is gone by now since it is the only Disney complaint I have ever filed.

CRT is not the best food, it is expensive, but it is a “must do” if you have a daughter. Somehow in 6 dinners there we have gotten Christopher as a waiter 5 times. Ask for his table, he is fantastic.

Looks so yummy! I, too, can’t wait to hear about the Wave as we’ve never been there. I think I would also suggest dropping one of the Chef Mickey meals for Crystal Palace or another meal.

I have to agree with Andrea…personally back in prehistoric times when our kids were small I much preferred character breakfasts to dinners. It sort of “kicked” off the day. I always found that dinners weren’t as successful because of the tiredness factor. Your choices sound terrific - but I might change that second Chef Mickey’s to something else…

:eek:Bummer. I hadn’t read my newsletter yet. We were looking forward to that most of all. :sad:

Thanks all.

We had chosen the two Chef Mickey’s for three reasons. One, we have not been there in several years. Two, we figured it would be quite convenient since we are staying at BLT. Three, DD9 is OBSESSED with Pluto. It does not matter how many times we have seen him, she always wants more. I figured this way she would be insured at least two interactions.

Well, in light of the HDD refurb news, I guess I have to rethink.

Any other places you would suggest? A few points to keep in mind DD5 and I are allergic to all seafood and both the girls are picky. They only want plain basic fare, mainly chicken.

[QUOTE=simplytall;1103321]Thanks all.

We had chosen the two Chef Mickey’s for three reasons. One, we have not been there in several years. Two, we figured it would be quite convenient since we are staying at BLT. Three, DD9 is OBSESSED with Pluto. It does not matter how many times we have seen him, she always wants more. I figured this way she would be insured at least two interactions.

Well, in light of the HDD refurb news, I guess I have to rethink.

Any other places you would suggest? A few points to keep in mind DD5 and I are allergic to all seafood and both the girls are picky. They only want plain basic fare, mainly chicken.[/QUOTE]

How about a late dinner at Raglan Road? The band in irish dance would probably be quite entertaining to your girls?

I have never been to Raglan Road. I am sure they would like the band. They love music.

Dinner at Liberty Tree is family style, and they bring out a meat platter that has roasted turkey breast, carved beef, and sliced pork, and in my opinion, it’s very good. Having eaten dinner there twice now–once with characters and once without–it has become a favorite for us. My two youngest kids can be picky at times, but they both loved it and asked for seconds.

Comfort food.

Looking at the lunch menu, I think I’ve decided I’ve got to have a “tri cornered sandwich”, even if I could probably get two similar sandwiches at EoS for the same price:blush:

We LOVE LOVE LOVE The Wave for dinner! One of the best meals on our last trip!

Have a magical trip!

Lisa

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1103239]I don’t like that the cost of CRT is “justified” by the forced inclusion of the photo package.
But if it’s for the kids, I suppose you have to do it once.
Change out a Chef Mickey’s for Crystal Palace, doesn’t matter which meal though I prefer dinner at CP over CM.
I’ve heard Liberty Tree is good, though it’s better if the characters are there. I can’t say for myself because I’ve never eaten there.[/QUOTE]

uggggh, I hate to admit this out in the open and all, but I must agree on all points with soundgod here :ohmy:
We were never interested in the Liberty Tree because it states right on the sign outside that they feature “Stouffer’s” . Not into eating in a restaurant where they re-heat something.
Other than that, I think you have a nice plan.

[QUOTE=Dopey;1103400]
We were never interested in the Liberty Tree because it states right on the sign outside that they feature “Stouffer’s” . Not into eating in a restaurant where they re-heat something.
Other than that, I think you have a nice plan.[/QUOTE]

Same here! Not so much about the reheating… but because I really don’t care for Stouffer’s! But to each her own. :happy: