Okay I misread… different things. Do you like the “lesser known” type things?
Now for AK, I see you have nothing really mapped out, so
- Look for “DeVine” a real human vine, usually “hanging around” near or behind the Tree of Life.
- Tusker House: sit outside on the back patio area when you eat and listen carefully. You can hear people upstairs who seem to be having trouble cleaning.
- Tamu Refreshment Stand: Behind it is a half wall where a meet and greet takes place. The paint is chipping and one area of chipped off paint is a hidden Baloo.
- Kali River Rapids: go on the bridge and find the buttons that allow the two elephants below squirt the riders.
- Dinoland Playground: Try to open the door.
- Try and find the talking shrubs at AK.
- see if you can locate “Wes Palm” (the walking palm tree)
*Hidden walkway in AK. Directions: Take bridge over to Harambe.
Turn Right. Turn left @ 2nd paved walkway.
*In AK, stand outside the door at the Dawa Bar. You’ll swear that you can hear dishes clinking, voices talking, a radio, as well as a persistent knocking. The story is that the landlady who runs the “hotel” above the bar is trying to collect the rent from the delinquent students who live there.
Across from the Dawa Bar is what appears to be an old fort. There are actually tables and chairs in there. “It’s the perfect quiet spot to take a cool drink or a snack and get out of the flow of traffic.”
Don’t know if this is a secret, but there are two perches(that I have seen) in AK where parrots can sometimes be found. One perch has green parrots and the other perch has red. Well, if you pull out your camera and try to take a picture of them they
will come over and “pose” for you. A friend spent several minutes taking various pictures of them. Once she put her camera away they turned away, but when she took it back out they came back over to “pose”.
I’m currently trying to make lists like this and compile them into one master list so I can point them out to those going with me and give the kids something to look for so they don’t get bored, not to mention I just like finding all those lesser known things