Tepan Edo

Reviews, opinions, pics? I am considering this on our next trip and really know very little about it. In reading Ceili’s TR I saw one pic and now I am curios as to others’ experiences.

We went for DD5’s birthday. It was OK. The kids loved the chef . . .but the food was eh! I think the kids menu wasn’t very good . . . but since yours are over 10 they can choose from the adult menu.

I think there are better places to dine. IMHO! :happy:

We liked it, although I was more preoccupied with making sure I had a good place to tape Illuminations (Christmas version) than dinner. In fact, I excused myself before the entree and by the time I returned, everyone else was paying their checks.
PS, DW stayed inside and ate with the rest of the table.
We will go back, but we like sushi more, so we’ve eaten at Tokyo Dining several more times than Teppan Edo. But you will enjoy either one.
You should all know I won’t steer anyone to a bad restaurant.

We loved Teppan Edo last August, and we are eating there in a couple weeks, too! I thought the main course was really good, but I recommend getting the shrimp cocktail appetizer, not the tempura. Also, the ice cream was just okay. But, the main meal was fantastic, and it’s not something we eat all the time.

I have some pics on the other computer. I’ll check later and if no one has posted any, I will.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;961247]We went for DD5’s birthday. It was OK. The kids loved the chef . . .but the food was eh! I think the kids menu wasn’t very good . . . but since yours are over 10 they can choose from the adult menu.

I think there are better places to dine. IMHO! :happy:[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I appreciate your opinion. I think the kids would like watching the chef, but I actually have a lot of options for the Epcot area, so I don’t want to sacrifice food quality.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;961248]We liked it, although I was more preoccupied with making sure I had a good place to tape Illuminations (Christmas version) than dinner. In fact, I excused myself before the entree and by the time I returned, everyone else was paying their checks.
PS, DW stayed inside and ate with the rest of the table.
We will go back, but we like sushi more, so we’ve eaten at Tokyo Dining several more times than Teppan Edo. But you will enjoy either one.
You should all know I won’t steer anyone to a bad restaurant.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Soundgod, I value your opinion.

[QUOTE=b1wife;961249]We loved Teppan Edo last August, and we are eating there in a couple weeks, too! I thought the main course was really good, but I recommend getting the shrimp cocktail appetizer, not the tempura. Also, the ice cream was just okay. But, the main meal was fantastic, and it’s not something we eat all the time.

I have some pics on the other computer. I’ll check later and if no one has posted any, I will.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I would love to see pics if you have some. We will be on the DDP so I don’t think an appetizer will be included (although we have had some exception to this rule). I appreciate your opinion.

I think this is one of the exceptions to the rule places.

You get an app/entree/dessert

Same with France . . . we just ate there for lunch on our last trip. Food was yummy, service was great . . . and we got to meet REMY which was a nice treat! :happy:

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;961264]I think this is one of the exceptions to the rule places.

Same with France . . . we just ate there for lunch on our last trip. Food was yummy, service was great . . . and we got to meet REMY which was a nice treat! :happy:[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks. I can’t sell my DH on Le Chef’s. My DH is not finding anything on the menu that he likes. I would love to meet Remy, though I think he may be gone by the time we arrive.

We enjoyed it - a lot depends on the chef you get and the people you sit with. The food was good - not spectacular - but good. Toyko Dining, on the other hand, is absolutely wonderful. Between the two, we’d choose Toyko Dining.

We ate there last year and we loved it. The chef was great, there is much more to it than just cooking in front of you. He put on a whole little show and gave the kids a lot of attention. It’s a great pick, especially as a 1-point only dinner!! The kids were only 1/3/5 at the time, but they still talk about it a year later now.

Downside to Tokyo Dining: You can’t sit at the sushi bar, there is none.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;961264]I think this is one of the exceptions to the rule places.

Same with France . . . we just ate there for lunch on our last trip. Food was yummy, service was great . . . and we got to meet REMY which was a nice treat! :happy:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing this info Jen; I might just have to add this to my short list of backups if I can’t get into LeCellier.

No, but the beautiful, simple decor, the charming servers, the warm towels, the wonderful green tea make up for it. (plus the sushi is respectable according to dh and the dds - I prefer the tempura).

I have some pics of Teppan Edo in my TR too. We thought it wasn’t bad… Ginger cake was GROSS but the Green Tea Pudding was good.

Didn’t like that I had to wait an hour after my ADR to be seated either! But it could have been because we were a party of 8 and needed a whole table plus they squeezed in another guy who was by himself)

Thank you for your input. I’ll have to look at both menus carefully.

No worries there, not a fan of sushi.

Thanks. I’m glad it was so memorable for your kids.

[QUOTE=momofaprincess;961343]I have some pics of Teppan Edo in my TR too. We thought it wasn’t bad… Ginger cake was GROSS but the Green Tea Pudding was good.

Didn’t like that I had to wait an hour after my ADR to be seated either! But it could have been because we were a party of 8 and needed a whole table plus they squeezed in another guy who was by himself)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your review. I’m sorry you had to wait so long :eek:.

I am going to look at you TR.

I wanted to bump this and ask if anyone had anything further to add. Also, is Tepan Edo open for lunch, or is it only dinner?