Teppan Edo or Le Cellier?

Since I have never been to either and so may go on about Le Cellier, I assume that that is the preferred restaurant, but thought that I would ask anyway. Thanks for your input. I may not be able to get reservations for either, but I am sure going to try. :happy:

Le Cellier for sure.

$34.95 filet at Le Cellier is wonderful!

Ive never been to either but Im going to try and request LeCellier for my Sept trip. I get to call next Friday

I like both, but Le Cellier is truly my most FAVORITE meal on WDW property. :wub: I get a NY Strip with Mushroom Rissotto which is cooked to PERFECTION.

if you can get LeCelier i say go for that. and have Tepan Edo as your back up.

You can try for Le Cellier, but you’ve got a really poor chance of getting it
Teppan Edo is a fine choice, as is Tokyo Dining.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;966375]You can try for Le Cellier, but you’ve got a really poor chance of getting it
Teppan Edo is a fine choice, as is Tokyo Dining.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is what I am thinking. I’ll have Teppan Edo for back up. I know there isn’t much chance, but I can make my reservations tomorrow morning, and I am going to try to make it for our last park day. Thanks everyone for your opinions!:happy:

“$34.95” is what I believe is all the rave at Le Cellier if you are on the dining plan- more bang for your buck. I really think it has nothing to do with your food. If everyone really cared about a wonderful Filet, they would be at an even more expensive restaurant in the World where price doesn’t matter and maybe you have to use 2 credits.

I really think if the steaks were priced differently, this would not be the greatest place in the world. As a foodie, I felt it was just ok- nothing fabulous, but maybe I went with too high expectations.

Can you tell I am really over the whole Le Cellier hype?? I know someone out there has to agree with me?!?!?:laugh:

Soooooo, I would say go to Teppan Edo. The food is good and the entertainment is great. It is a lot of fun as just adults and even more fun for kids.

Tokyo Dining is great as well. The sushi is wonderful and you can try to get a window seat to look out over the World Showcase.

[QUOTE=johnkimv;966424]
Can you tell I am really over the whole Le Cellier hype?? I know someone out there has to agree with me?!?!?:laugh:[/QUOTE]

I will agree with you!
We ate there once, in 2004 I believe, and found it merely OK and nothing special. Then the dining plan hit and Le Cellier became the most popular restaurant in “the world” and I too believe this has more to do with it being a one credit steakhouse than anything else. Although this doesn’t explain why Concourse Steakhouse didn’t enjoy similar popularity. Maybe because Le Cellier is in park it draws better?
A side note, at Yachtsman’s Steakhouse, their most popular dish had been the $44 Porterhouse, but now I’d guess it’s the $47 Cowboy Steak (a bone in rib eye), again for maximum use of the two credits.

soooo, what did you get??

Ok, here it goes…:happy: ADR’s confirmed this morning.

Crystal Palace
Donald’s Safari Breakfast
Spirit of Aloha
Playhouse Disney’s Play 'n Dine
Garden Grill
and last, but not least…Le Cellier:laugh:

I ran it by DH, who seems to never have an opinion until the last minute, and he said that he wanted to try the steakhouse…so there you have it.

I appreciate everyone’s input, now, we will just have to wait and see if it was a good choice. I’m not really feeling the Play 'n Dine though because we ate at H & V last year for the Fantasmic Package and wasn’t too thrilled about the food or service, but DS loves Little Einsteins. :blush:

PS, I chose to have the lunch at Le Cellier because we are debating on going to MNSSHP that evening and don’t want to chance conflicting times. Chances are that we will be going to it.

[QUOTE=johnkimv;966424]"$34.95" is what I believe is all the rave at Le Cellier if you are on the dining plan- more bang for your buck. I really think it has nothing to do with your food. If everyone really cared about a wonderful Filet, they would be at an even more expensive restaurant in the World where price doesn’t matter and maybe you have to use 2 credits.

I really think if the steaks were priced differently, this would not be the greatest place in the world. As a foodie, I felt it was just ok- nothing fabulous, but maybe I went with too high expectations.

Can you tell I am really over the whole Le Cellier hype?? I know someone out there has to agree with me?!?!?:laugh:

Soooooo, I would say go to Teppan Edo. The food is good and the entertainment is great. It is a lot of fun as just adults and even more fun for kids.

Tokyo Dining is great as well. The sushi is wonderful and you can try to get a window seat to look out over the World Showcase.[/QUOTE]

I TOTALLY disagree! :laugh: We used to go to Le Cellier for their steaks LONG before the Dining Plan. Since we first discovered it after our first couple of trips, it has been a MUST DO for us, whether we are on the Dining Plan or not. I love a good steak…and being from NY we have a TON of great steak places here. I have to say, their NY Strip rivals any of the ones I’ve had anywhere! Coupled with that mushroom rissotto, MMMMMM…:happy:.

That said, I enjoy Teppan Edo as well. But for my family, Le Cellier wins hands down.

YUMMO! That sounds great! I had Le Cellier as a back-up on my ADR plan (I get to call 6/18) but after reading this I may have to re-think this…:blink:
I’m also hoping to get Teppan Edo~ my son will LOVE that experience!

[QUOTE=ATinkatheart;966469]Ok, here it goes…:happy: ADR’s confirmed this morning.

Crystal Palace
Spirit of Aloha
Garden Grill

I ran it by DH, who seems to never have an opinion until the last minute, and he said that he wanted to try the steakhouse…so there you have it.

I appreciate everyone’s input, now, we will just have to wait and see if it was a good choice. I’m not really feeling the Play 'n Dine though because we ate at H & V last year for the Fantasmic Package and wasn’t too thrilled about the food or service, but DS loves Little Einsteins. :blush:

PS, I chose to have the lunch at Le Cellier because we are debating on going to MNSSHP that evening and don’t want to chance conflicting times. Chances are that we will be going to it.[/QUOTE]

I know everyone’s experience is different BUT we did the Play & Dine at PD last year for breakfast & it was just eh~ kids enjoyed the interaction, dancing, etc. but the food was just ok, the service was pretty slow & the characters were only at the table for a VERY BRIEF minute:angry: The only plus was that since it was an early breakfast, we were in the park before the general public.

[QUOTE=ATinkatheart;966469]Ok, here it goes…:happy: ADR’s confirmed this morning.

Crystal Palace
Spirit of Aloha
Garden Grill

PS, I chose to have the lunch at Le Cellier because we are debating on going to MNSSHP that evening and don’t want to chance conflicting times. Chances are that we will be going to it.[/QUOTE]

We have always enjoyed the Play and Dine at H&V. Dinner there, not so much!!