Teppen Edo

This is my first post and im so excited to be on here!!!

Anyway, I am going to WDW in May and super excited. I am trying a new place to eat (yes im a traditionalist and I stick to places I love)

The old places im going are

Crystal palace
50’s prime time
German Biergarten
Capt’n Jack’s in DTD

NEW PLACES

Liberty Tavern
Big River Grille and Brewery
Teppan Edo (i don’t know if that’s spelled right but the place in japan)

Anyone have any stories, comments and/or advice about the new places im trying?

Thanks all! :slight_smile:

Let me be the first to welcome you to MB. You are gonna love it here!

I have never been to Teppen Edo myself but my cousin says this is the best place in all of WDW! She just brings it up outta the blue like “Hey, lets go to Teppen Edo” then cries b/c we live in Chicago!

Welcome!

Lisa

Welcome to MouseBuzz Tiffany. Make yourself at home and chime right in.

I am a “traditionalist” as well and love all of your “old” places except for Capt’n Jack.
Of the “new” places I only ever have been to Teppan Edo. I am very familiar with the concept of that restaurant but we did not really enjoy the dinner there. The chef had about as much personality as a wet noodle and the food was pretty bland. I also realize that this changes with any given chef and one can always ask for some soy sauce, huh? :laugh:

Welcome to MB! :happy:

In your “new” list, the only one I’ve been to is Teppan Edo. I thought it was great! Our food was delicious. Our chef was a little stiff, but chefs all around us were much more entertaining. Chefs must be hit or miss, I guess.

Welcome to MB. This place is a wealth of knowledge. Ask a question and you will get an answer. I too stick to the ones we love. Only one off your new list i have been to is Liberty Tavern. we really liked it as a character Meal(which I don’t believe it is anymore). But the food was really good.

Welcome to MB you will see everyone here loves Disney and that is why we are here. I love liberty tavern the good is great there. One can hope they bring the characters back. I will be trying teppen edo when I go in aug. and can’t wait.

Welcome to MB. I like Teppan Edo. The food there is really good.

Welcome to MB! Your gonna get addicted :laugh:

We have a hard time trying new resturants too!
I will be going to Teppen Endo for the first time in June. I’ve heard many wonderful things about it.
I have gone to BRGB and we liked it. We had burgers, steaks and beer, what they are know for (I’m guessing). We liked that after dinner, we walked around the Boardwalk and watched all the acts.
Your ressies sound yummy…

I have been to each of your new places.
TE and LTT (at least it was when they had characters) are good choices, but I have to say I wasn’t all that impressed with Big River Grill.

I really like TE- just like most Hibachi places. I have only had good experiences there- all our chefs were entertaining.

I don’t know if they take ADRs now, but when we went to BRG in August, they didn’t. We had about a 90 minute wait and I have to say it wasn’t worth the wait!

Just wanted to say Welcome and I am going to Teppan Edo next month for the first time so I will let you know what I think.

And feel free to ask away. There are plenty of Disney experts here and all are willing to help with all your questions.

Welcome again.

We ate there in December 2007 and I’ll be honest, I was more concerned with watching and taping the Illuminations Christmas version. So, as the entrees were starting to be cooked, I headed outside. My wife stayed and ate her meal.
By the time I returned, everyone else was finishing desert.
My meal was covered to keep it warm. It was OK, but let’s face it, it sat for a good 20 minutes, and it was my own fault, no one else, so I’m not complaining. In fact, quite the opposite. The food was still good. And of course I missed the actual cooking of the meal, so I missed the whole presentation.
We’ll go back some time. On the other hand, we like sushi more, so we’ve been to Tokyo Dining 4 or 5 times already.
I think you should try Teppan Edo.

Yea! A new friend! Welcome to Mousebuzz. It’s the only Disney forum you will ever need! :wub:

Crystal palace-- love it for breakfast!
50’s prime time-- haven’t tried it, DH is chicken
German Biergarten-- loved it for lunch
Capt’n Jack’s in DTD-- never tried it

Liberty Tavern-- loved it for lunch
Big River Grille and Brewery-- never tried it
Teppan Edo-- never tried it although we thought about it

So, I’m no help to you, but again, welcome to MB!!:happy:

I really like Teppan Edo. I was worried that the kid in our party would not like it but it turns out that he loved it. He is already talking about eating there again in Jan. The food was awesome and TE quickly went on our list of most dos. Whatever the white dipping sauce is it is delicious! Our chef called it yum yum sauce!

Now Big River is another story. We had heard good things so we gave it a try. The nachos were great as an appetizer, but the rest of the meal was not good. The food had little flavor and all in all I was just really disappointed. I would go there again if I were on the Boardwalk to get the nachos, but I would never make a special trip or have a meal there again. It was not as good as Applebees and with so many other good choices BRG is out!

We ate at TE last year for the 1st time - I too was worried about the kids, although I knew my DS would love it, my girls are a bit more picky - as are the in-laws:blink: but everyone- & I mean EVERYONE- LOVED IT!! It was fun, the staff was great & the food was FABULOUS!!

We’ve also done Liberty Tree but I’m not sure if this is a character meal anymore (if that matters to you) - the food there was great too- good comfort food, like a holiday meal & the service was also wonderful, plus it’s in a great location!

Welcome Tif!:happy: (Can we call you Tif?) Make yourself at home!

Order the meatloaf at Big River Grille. It’s the best you’ll ever eat!

thanks so much everyone! I am a littlen worried about the the boardwalk right now… maybe i should make a reservation somewhere else!!!

[QUOTE=llama;1025831]Welcome Tif!:happy: (Can we call you Tif?) Make yourself at home!

Order the meatloaf at Big River Grille. It’s the best you’ll ever eat![/QUOTE]

Another vote for the meatloaf! YUM!

Welcome to MB :mickey:

meatloaf x3…

We love eating at Teppen Edo, been there 3 or 4 times, every time was good…

Liberty Tavern, does have great food, but we stopped eating there when they removed the characters…before that we ate there several times, there was nothing like being one of the last to be seated for the day at Liberty Tavern and then at the end, have 2,3, or even all 4 of the characters keep coming by your table just acting silly…

[QUOTE=fito;1025948]meatloaf x3…

We love eating at Teppen Edo, been there 3 or 4 times, every time was good…

Liberty Tavern, does have great food, but we stopped eating there when they removed the characters…before that we ate there several times, there was nothing like being one of the last to be seated for the day at Liberty Tavern and then at the end, have 2,3, or even all 4 of the characters keep coming by your table just acting silly…[/QUOTE]

good point~ we were also lucky enough to time our dinner right one year to be leaving in time to get a great spot for the fireworks!!