Tequila bar in mexico?

did the tequila bar in mexico ever happen? Is there one now? i remember hearing it was going to happen, then never saw it…:blink:

Yes. We were there on Saturday and it is fantastic! Aside from some really good tequila options, try the avocado margarita. It is really good!

Just found this link for you… Disney’s Epcot Mexico Pavilion - Authentic Tequila Experience - La Cava del Tequila, Orlando, Florida

yay! thanks for the link!!

anyone have any reviews? pics? suggestions - avocado margarita sounds neat!

Here is a phone pic from Saturday…

Its the middle of the afternoon here and that photo made me want to reach right in and drink it:laugh:

oh yum! ok, is it a true bar - or can my kids go in with us? we’d love to check it out, enjoy a snack and drinks, but wdw frowns upon leaving kiddos outside…:ohmy:

That margarita looks big! DH and I are going w/o DD this May and the Tequila Bar is going to be our 1st stop! Was it hard to get a table? I heard it’s pretty small.

This is another reason to start your trip around WS in Canada, NOT MEXICO. I would never leave the tequilla bar.

Quick question… Does the bar have an address?? If so I wonder if Boss or Wall have their mail forwarded there when in the World??? It would be the best of both worlds for them. :laugh:

Boss Mouse
Stool 6, Section 4
La Cava del Tequilla
Mexico Pavillion, Epcot, WDW

Thank you Dixie! It was right around noon when we ordered the first round as a matter of fact! It was one of “those” days! :pirate:

The bar is perfect sized for what they offer and you can stand at the bar, or grab a seat at one of the tables inside… Based on the season, I would imagine that it could be tough to grab a table, but while we were there, there were some tables available numerous times during the day (yes, we stopped in there a few more times lol).

As far as children are concerned, it is a bar. So if you feel comfortable bringing the little ones to a bar, then you should be fine. But keep in mind, they do serve the same drinks at San Angel Inn as well so if you feel more comfortable with the kids in the restaurant, then maybe thats the route you want to take. But the bottom line is even though I did not see children in the bar, I did not see any signs preventing them from being in there…

You can order some small plates of food in La Cava as well… Which looked really good!

same drinks at San Angel? really…hmm…would it be awful to go there just for appetizers and drinks though?

If you’re asking me, then not at all! :cool:

Thats what we plan on doing next time…

[QUOTE=papa bear;1069931]
As far as children are concerned, it is a bar. So if you feel comfortable bringing the little ones to a bar, then you should be fine. But keep in mind, they do serve the same drinks at San Angel Inn as well so if you feel more comfortable with the kids in the restaurant, then maybe thats the route you want to take. But the bottom line is even though I did not see children in the bar, I did not see any signs preventing them from being in there…[/QUOTE]

My kids have been there with us and we had no problems.

As I hear, you have a great view of Illuminations from here. Is that true? We have 8:15pm reservations in June to see the show.

We enjoyed a couple of drinks in the bar last summer. It is small but we didn’t have to wait more than 5 minutes for a table to open up (in July). We took our son in with us and didn’t feel like he shouldn’t be there, in fact, most of the tables were families with kids.

Not the tequila bar- it is inside the Mexico Pavillion.

we’ve brought our toddlers there. shoot my youngest, one of her first words was “tequilla” her first official word was “touchdown”! can you say proud mama!!!

Ahhhh yes. The tequila bar.

I spent a weekend there one afternoon.

As my friend pointed out, they forward my mail to stool #6. Alas, I am usually under it
by the time Mr. Mailman arrives; gearing up for my fountain dancing.

You can see fireworks inside, but they ain’t from Illuminations.

LOL Boss Mouse!