Terrace desert party during MVMCP

i just found out they opened the desert party for the nights of the mvmcp. has anyone done this?

I’ve only seen it in action, I’ve never paid the money to do it.
It is a good viewing location, so long as you get out from the overhang. Tink flies directly overhead.
The timing is wrong for us because we’ve either eaten recently and can’t jam all that stuff into full bellies to make it worth the money or we’ll be eating dinner after fireworks and it doesn’t make sense to eat all kinds of desserts before dinner.

we have an early dinner that night @ LTT. our reservation is for 8:45 - so we are pretty excited…my DW and DS have a nut alregy, and the reservation lady told me that they usually make some pretty neat deserts for people with food alergies, so we are curious to see what they come up with…

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1058130]I’ve only seen it in action, I’ve never paid the money to do it.
It is a good viewing location, so long as you get out from the overhang. Tink flies directly overhead.
The timing is wrong for us because we’ve either eaten recently and can’t jam all that stuff into full bellies to make it worth the money or we’ll be eating dinner after fireworks and it doesn’t make sense to eat all kinds of desserts before dinner.[/QUOTE]

What’s wrong with eating desserts first? :wink:

Eat a late lunch and skip dinner…?

We have done it, and loved it. Not a bad seat in the house. Only limited seating which is nice. Tons of little desserts and hot chocolate, coffee, tea, juice. Wonderful stuff. A bit expensive, we think but well worth the comfortable way of watching the parade and fireworks.
Don’t eat before. You won’t need a thing afterward because you will be stuffed :wink:

I’ve done it 3x! The first (when it first opened) was AWESOME!! The second time - eh! This last time (Nov 7th weekend) NO! The dessert all tasted the same and NONE of the hot beverages were hot. The CM that cleared the table PLOPPED her dirty tray on the table and then proceeded to pour all the liquids into one cup :glare: and stack the dishes so high that spoon and forks landed on my daughters lap! It was gross and more gross :blow:

I was VERY sad, as I had a newbie with me, and I had talked it up so much!
:frown::frown::frown:

The only thing the price is good for is the lack of waiting time and crowd pushing you’d have to deal with at the hub! The parade is far away and obstructed by trees to see it REALLY well and the fireworks are off to the left of the castle (where they are shot off backstage)!

IMHO - you’d be better off hitting Ohana’s for dinner and then hitting the POLY beach for a view of the fireworks and water parade if you want to avoid the crowds!

Best view of the fireworks is still front and center of the castle! :happy: