Test Track Closes April 15th for reno

If you want your speed fix at EPCOT better get there fast. TT closes until fall this Sunday.

Disney World: Test Track at Disney World - OrlandoSentinel.com

Can’t wait to see what the update is…maybe a loop?

They are redoing the entrance… I wonder if they will update the track any- I doubt it…

[QUOTE=tigger;1107074]If you want your speed fix at EPCOT better get there fast. TT closes until fall this Sunday.
[/QUOTE]

Umm, if I were to get there fast, that would pretty much satisfy my speed addiction better than Test Track ever could.
3 hours @ 75-80 MPH on the Turnpike in order to get to WDW in the first place.
If I could drive it at 120 all the way, it would be the equal of a 1980’s circa NASCAR race on a road course. Call it the WDW 220:laugh:

I also doubt they’ll mess with the track, but I’m eager to see what changes they’ll make in the que…

This ride is the one my dad and I almost always do! We got my mom one it ONCE…and only once. :laugh: So fun!

Here’s hoping for a reopening by September 24!

Selfishly I was really hoping that this wouldn’t happen until fall, it’s a huge part of our morning at Epcot. We’ll adjust but we’ll miss it.

Nothing selfish about wanting attractions open during your expensive trip. Rehabs happen, but it’s a frustration to have your favorite attractions down.

I’m still waiting for them to finish with the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea rehab. That one seems to be taking forever to finish!:ph34r:

I will miss TT this summer, but I’m always happy to have something new to look forward to…except I still miss Horizons. We were so sorry to see that one go…

Hopefully they will fix whatever makes it break down every 8 seconds. I really, really want to like this attraction but I just can’t. Every single time I ride it either breaks while I am in line or while I am on it. I have had to walk off twice! Unacceptable after an hour wait. I know things happen but this seems constant to me.

First, let me suggest the off-season. I’ve NEVER stood in line for an hour for anything at WDW, and I never will. You hit the “thrill rides” at rope drop, when all the teenagers and ignorant souls are sleeping in. Then hit the minor attractions and use FastPass starting in the afternoon (Of course, this new FP rule is going to throw a crimp into that plan!).

Second, TT breaks down a lot? :huh: This I did not know.

[QUOTE=Cavey;1107109]First, let me suggest the off-season. I’ve NEVER stood in line for an hour for anything at WDW, and I never will. You hit the “thrill rides” at rope drop, when all the teenagers and ignorant souls are sleeping in. Then hit the minor attractions and use FastPass starting in the afternoon (Of course, this new FP rule is going to throw a crimp into that plan!).

Second, TT breaks down a lot? :huh: This I did not know.[/QUOTE]

Even during the summer we never wait an hour for a ride. We hit the big attractions early and use fastpasses as needed the rest of the day. Sure there are long lines later in the day but we can walk by since we hit it earlier in the day.

Thanks for the tip! We’ll be going in the Summer so we’re expecting it to be really busy!
It’s a shame about TT because it’ll still be shut when we go :crying:

[QUOTE=Cavey;1107109]First, let me suggest the off-season. I’ve NEVER stood in line for an hour for anything at WDW, and I never will. You hit the “thrill rides” at rope drop, when all the teenagers and ignorant souls are sleeping in. Then hit the minor attractions and use FastPass starting in the afternoon (Of course, this new FP rule is going to throw a crimp into that plan!).

Second, TT breaks down a lot? :huh: This I did not know.[/QUOTE]

I would never wait this long when paying for my own vacation, but when I was a CM I frequwntly joined other friends/family members on theirs. Trust me, following their plans drove me NUTS. It was very hard for me to keep my mouth shut. :laugh:

Keep in mind though, 90% of people visiting Disney do little to no research before they go and they don’t know what they are missing!

Yes, TT breaks down. . .too often, IMHO.

All the times that we have gone I can only remember once in over 20 trips to WDW that it broke down when we were there and we love the ride.

I agree with Cavey. I’ve never gone during busy season only off season but as we walk through all those long ques and pretty much walk right up to the ride we always say, could you imagine waiting in this long line for a 2 or 3 minute ride. No thanks

I am just hoping they redo the pre-show and the pre-show noise…I mean music…and they put a loop in it.

Well, yeah. A loop would be awesome.

:rolleyes:
:laugh:

You stick with that mantra, and you’ll do well in life! :cool:

[QUOTE=Andrea;1107151]Well, yeah. A loop would be awesome.

:laugh:[/QUOTE]

What do you mean, a loop? Like, as in upside down? :blink:

[QUOTE=Andrea;1107151]Well, yeah. A loop would be awesome.

:laugh:[/QUOTE]

That would be contrary to the theme that you are testing a new car. Hence, it’s a “test track.”