Test track question

Hi everyone! My DD and I have a test track question…she believes test track opened in 2005…I believe it was earlier than that? Thanks! :snowman:

It was open earlier than that. My son’s first trip was in 2003 and it was open then.

Test Track - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It opened to the public on December 19, 1998 after a long delay due to problems revealed during testing and changes to the ride design. The ride had many opening dates that it missed like May 1997 and August 1998 . It replaced the World of Motion, though it uses the same ride building. It did not receive its official grand opening until March 17, 1999.

Yeah, I remember it being soon after I graduated HS, so 98’ sounds right. Although, I sware during those first couple years it was broken down more than it was running. :laugh:

I remember DD seeing it during her first trip in 2000 when she was just 5. Her Dad was on another ride and she was so excited to tell him about the new ride they had that he would love!

I first went on test track September 1999:eek:
it opened on 16 march 1999

there is more info at Test Track Information and News
and photos.

I love :heart: it now you can get the photo put on your photo pass card.

Yep that’s right… the greatest event in Epcot!!! March 1999!

Wooooohooooo greatest ride in all the world!

I went Christmas 1996, it was almost finished then and was told it was opening April 1997 and remebering reading it was delayed until June 1997.

I think there were significant challenges and mega-delays for a really long time before it finally really officially opened way after that. I know there were some pre-opening runs, and I kept hearing from people who had gotten a sneak peek ride before it actually opened, which was killing me! :crying:

There were also a lot of stories about how TT broke down an awful lot in those early days. But I think it is still the longest and fastest ride at WDW, and I know it is the most fun!, so I figure those early glitches were worth the agony! :laugh:

Thanks everyone!

Holy cow! Was it that long ago!:ohmy: I know it took us more than a year to get on it, because it was always down when we were there.

1999, and it was at least good year behind schedule.
I never saw the World of Motion. It had closed just before my first visit in 96.

I loved the World of Motion. It had some of the funniest animatronics in WDW. I really miss it. In fact, I think I’d prefer it to Test Track.

I’m going to ignite a firestorm here. Test Track ISN’T all that. It’s OK, but it’s not the greatest thing since sliced bread, and never was.
It may be the fastest longest ride at WDW, or even any Disney park, but when you drive 200 miles at an average speed of 75 to get to WDW, how can Test Track compete?

I totally agree. I just don’t understand what people see in it that’s worth waiting in line for an hour or more. If you want a good thrill ride, hop on my school bus some afternoon. :laugh:

I totally agree with you. It’s fun - but it wouldn’t break my heart if I missed it one year. The first time was a fun experience, but the entry to it gives me a headache and so does going over the “german blocks” or whatever they’re called.

LOL llama!
For me, the really popular ride I could do without is Mission Space… but don’t tell my kids! :laugh:

You can add that one to my list too.:laugh: Fortunately our whole family is agreement on that one!