Testing the new FP system at MK May 1-15

Bummer. I always liked the challenge of using the FP system, trying to get everything into our day. They are taking all the fun out of it for me. :crying:

I’m also not really liking the idea of being that scheduled. That could add some extra stress. Anyone going to be there to see how this works?

Disney to Begin Testing Next Generation FASTPASS System

…I wouldn’t use this if this is the direction they go with FP…I can’t have my day planned out minute by minute ahead of time…that’s why we don’t make Dining Reservations…

I’m willing to give it a go, but I do like the spontinaity of our trips. I do remember thinking that fastpass was going to ruin the experiance when it was first introduced, but that worked out ok.

-H

No one can, not even Dana :wink:

I heard she just updated to the newest version of MS Project to be able to factor in the new FP system…

But that’s just the rumor you know.

-H

It remains to be seen how detailed this will make everyones day. I wonder if they will reject it, or if they will just use it some of the time. I bet the big rides will get all booked up, and people will complain! It remains to be seen how this goes for me. The technology by itself is amazing though.

Hopefully they get all of the kinks out before the mass launch. And the launch should be for all guests, not just a certain level of resort guest. Let’s see.

I’m stepping down from my soap box now… Thank you for your time.:laugh:

I’m surprised no one has mentioned how close this smacks of Universal Studio’s preferencial treatment of resort guests. This greatly reduces day-guest’s access to FP. What about Annual Pass Holders?

I’m all for it! I would love to be chosen to test it in June! Of course, I would on schedule certain attractions ahead of time. Splash, Space, Big Thunder are the only ones I would probably use it for.

Headed to MK around noon. Will report back anything I see!

If this was to offer yet one more added perk to staying onsite in hopes of increasing reservations I get it. If it’s to try and create a better flow in the parks I don’t agree. Too many variables, plus most want to get AWAY from the monotony of schedules. That’s what a vacation is supposed to be about.

What I would really like to see is something they offered two years ago instead. When people (which in this case could now be resort guests) qualified for Give A Day Get A Day you could take the FP option. That gave you 4-6 extra fp’s a day for certain rides in the parks and you were guaranteed to ride that ride which is what this new system is doing, but not on a schedule which is what this new system is doing.
We walked up to Peter Pan at 8pm when fp’s had been gone for hours, popped our special card in and received an instant fp. TSM too.

If anyone remembers doing that what are your thoughts?

By having that card we felt no need to rush to anything since we knew we’d be able to ride at least once when we got there. I think that was one of the most relaxing trips we ever had.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1109063]If this was to offer yet one more added perk to staying onsite in hopes of increasing reservations I get it. If it’s to try and create a better flow in the parks I don’t agree. Too many variables, plus most want to get AWAY from the monotony of schedules. That’s what a vacation is supposed to be about.

What I would really like to see is something they offered two years ago instead. When people (which in this case could now be resort guests) qualified for Give A Day Get A Day you could take the FP option. That gave you 4-6 extra fp’s a day for certain rides in the parks and you were guaranteed to ride that ride which is what this new system is doing, but not on a schedule which is what this new system is doing.
We walked up to Peter Pan at 8pm when fp’s had been gone for hours, popped our special card in and received an instant fp. TSM too.

If anyone remembers doing that what are your thoughts?

By having that card we felt no need to rush to anything since we knew we’d be able to ride at least once when we got there. I think that was one of the most relaxing trips we ever had.[/QUOTE]

…first time I’ve heard of that card…but we haven’t been for 3 years…interesting…

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1109010]I heard she just updated to the newest version of MS Project to be able to factor in the new FP system…

But that’s just the rumor you know.

-H[/QUOTE]

:huh: :laugh: :mellow:

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1109016]Hopefully they get all of the kinks out before the mass launch. And the launch should be for all guests, not just a certain level of resort guest. Let’s see.

I’m stepping down from my soap box now… Thank you for your time.:laugh:[/QUOTE]

Well excuse me, they also had this fantastic sunrise safari for concierge guests at AKL only :pinch:

Good grief. What kind of holiday is it where you have to plan everything down to the last nano-second? Talk about stress! We’ve sometimes been on our way to the MK and midway decided we’d rather go to Epcot. I could never be this planned. The idea of a vacation is to relax and recharge - not have a panic attack because you aren’t able to make it to Splash Mountain in the pre-alloted time.

…My sentiments exactly!!!

Third that. I have to be super flexible or it just isn’t a vacation. It’s funny how relaxing trips are now that we don’t have the kids tagging along every time. Last trip we changed what park we were going to go to walking from VWL to the bus stop. :laugh:

I wonder if SoG will be included if the final version is only for onsite guests and not everyone. Some of the day tripping Florida gang will be mighty peeved. Especially if they have AP’s.:angry::angry::angry:

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1109093]Third that. I have to be super flexible or it just isn’t a vacation. It’s funny how relaxing trips are now that we don’t have the kids tagging along every time. Last trip we changed what park we were going to go to walking from VWL to the bus stop. :laugh:

I wonder if SoG will be included if the final version is only for onsite guests and not everyone. Some of the day tripping Florida gang will be mighty peeved. Especially if they have AP’s.:angry::angry::angry:[/QUOTE]

If they pay for it they will. SoG like Swolphin has to pay WDW for the on-site perks for their own resort guests. To make it more affordible to stay, SoG doesn’t pay as much as Swolphin otherwise the fees will be passed down to the guests to help offset those costs. But they don’t get as many perks either. I would think Hilton to be in the same boat.
They sit down every so often and renegotiate contracts on what’s allowed/not allowed and who’s willing to pay what.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1109095]If they pay for it they will. SoG like Swolphin has to pay WDW for the on-site perks for their own resort guests. To make it more affordible to stay, SoG doesn’t pay as much as Swolphin otherwise the fees will be passed down to the guests to help offset those costs. But they don’t get as many perks either. I would think Hilton to be in the same boat.
They sit down every so often and renegotiate contracts on what’s allowed/not allowed and who’s willing to pay what.[/QUOTE]

I know. It is a pain at times. If we use the SoG room in October we cannot use the AAA Diamond Pass since I would have to pay to park. Now if I put DD and significant other in SOG and stay in one of the resorts as planned it is not an issue. Some might say I’m crazy not to have the kids use the SoG room so we can be in a Disney room, but I have found SoG is a nice escape from the maddness at times. The trip is already going to be one crazy party period with one couple of friends already booked in FW and others couple of friends in OKW or SSR (tbd).

I talked to CM’s at Space and Buzz and a Tomorrowland manager who was strolling around and all three gave me blank stares. The manager said something about ‘maybe someday in the future’ and changed the subject. Weird. Very weird. At any rate all ‘old’ FP systems were still up and running and I didn’t notice a single person who had anything different.