Thanksgiving Dining at WDW

I know that this is ridiculously far in advance, but I was wondering what places you have eaten at for Thanksgiving Day dinner while in WDW.

We will be joining my DH’s cousins this year for their first family trip to WDW the week of Thanksgiving. We have only been to WDW once for Thanksgiving and if I remember correctly, we ate at the Dolphin in a big ballroom. It was a last minute trip and that was all that was available. The food was great and they had characters!!

For this years trip, my family will be at Fort Wilderness. I have noticed on Allears.net that FW does the following:

Has anyone done this? The first one sounds more appealing to me, but I would love to hear your thoughts. Where else is great for Thanksgiving?

[I]Fort Wilderness

Enjoy a Thanksgiving Feast at Thanksgiving At The Fort! Come join a knee-slappin’ good ol’ time. You’ll be thrown back to Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer’s old stompin’ grounds when you enter Fort Wilderness’s Outdoor pavilion just a stone’s throw from Pioneer Hall. The Fort Wilderness Pavilion is an outdoor covered structure. Enjoy an all-you-care to eat buffet! Hearty Vegetable Soup, Tossed Garden Salad w/ dressings, Cornbread, Smoked Turkey Breast, Honey mustard-glazed Ham, mashed potatoes, candied yams, green bean casserole, Yellow Squash & Butternut Squash, corn bread stuffing, country turkey gravy, cranberry sauce Dessert: Pumpkin Pie, Ice Cream noevlties. Beverages: Iced Tea, Lemonade, Coffee, Beer and Wine

Trail’s End Thanksgiving Lunch/Dinner
Starters - Seafood Bisque, Hearty Vegetable Soup, Salad Bar with Mixed Greens, Romaine Lettuce, Garden Vegetables, and Fruit; Entrees - Carved Smoked Turkey Breast, Carved Mustard Glazed Ham, Fried Chicken, BBQ Pork Ribs, Baked Salmon with Cranberry Orange Butter, Penne Pasta with Mushrooms, Country-style Green Beans, Glazed Baby Carrots, Steamed Buttered Broccoli, Butternut Squash with Cranberries, Mashed Potatoes, Candied Yams, Corn Bread Stuffing; Desserts - Pumpkin Pie[/I]

Those look good, esp Trail’s End. Have you thought about Liberty Tree Tavern for traditional flair?

My family and I LOVE Trail’s End. Never been there for Thanksgiving, but their everyday food is amazing - I would think Thanksgiving dinner would be even more so!

The only time we went to Disney for Thanksgiving, we were in the MK and didn’t book Liberty Tree, so we tried Cosmic Rays for a quick meal. It was actually pretty good and came with all the holiday fixins.

We’ve never eaten at Trail’s End - but I’ve always been tempted, (although I’m definitely not the "foot-stompin’ type; I’m more the Tea at the GF type). Maybe next trip, whenever that will be. It sounds delicious though I would prefer more turkey on the menu than just turkey breast, but there’s lots else that looks good - give it a try.

Trails End is DELICIOUS- good stick to your ribs (thighs, butt and belly) food!

The buffet at Trail’s End sounds really good! When we went for Thanksgiving a few years ago, we ate at the Grand Floridian Cafe. I didn’t want to go to a restaurant where I thought it would be crazy (like Liberty Tree). I also didn’t want a buffet and they were serving traditional Thanksgiving meals with pumpkin or apple pie for dessert. It was really good and it is such a beautiful setting.