The A/C situation at WDW

Wishy’s TR has a mention about a lack of air conditioning at some of the attractions and shops. Has anyone been there in the last day? Has the A/C been turned back on? What about in the resorts and restaurants?

Ick. I have to admit that one of the things I love about WDW is the little wisps of A/C you get when you walk past the shops on Main Street, and it’s always such a relief when you go into a cool ride or attraction!

The A/C seemed to be back on in a few areas Wish mentioned . . . BUT I did notice at AK that the doors were open to most of the stores and the a/c was on a minimum.

I’m so :eek: and surprised at this . . . DISNEY has their OWN power plant for this EXACT reason . . . I know they still have to pay, but it must be minimal?

I haven’t checked the weather down there (when it has rained here 31 out of the past 33 days, all I can think about is our own pathetic weather!) – Has the weather been so hot that they are creating a little drown out to avoid a black out?

[QUOTE=MissDisney;973847]Wishy’s TR has a mention about a lack of air conditioning at some of the attractions and shops. Has anyone been there in the last day? Has the A/C been turned back on? What about in the resorts and restaurants?

Ick. I have to admit that one of the things I love about WDW is the little wisps of A/C you get when you walk past the shops on Main Street, and it’s always such a relief when you go into a cool ride or attraction![/QUOTE]

I will say that most of the BIG stores, especially the ones on Main St, MouseGear in EPCOT, etc. had that cold blasting air coming from them BUT it was the smaller stores. For instance, that nice store right across from Tusker House in AK was completely A/C free, a lot of the smaller stores in the World Showcase, the Star Wars store in Studios, and I am telling you when we were in Carousel of Progress there were about 3 babies crying & screaming their heads off & we sware it was because the A/C was so low in there.

The Philharmagic thing was weird cause it’s ALWAYS cold in there but Jen reported that a few nights later it was back on full blast.

OH, and inside Pirates! WOAH! I remember looking at the loading dock CMs costumes and thinking they MUST be dying, it was really hot in there too.

For June the weather has been cooler! I will be HOT then rain and drop to 78 or it will be HOT and rain and become a steam bath . . . I haven’t felt the normal 95+ weather for this time of year . . . yet! :blink:

PS: we never noticed it in ANY restaurants; counter service or table service

I love the cool air being as it is a switch from the hot outside.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;973853]
OH, and inside Pirates! WOAH! I remember looking at the loading dock CMs costumes and thinking they MUST be dying, it was really hot in there too.[/QUOTE]

Considering how arctic cold it usually is inside Pirates…

I noticed the cold air POURING out of stores from 30 feet away and restaurants when we were there in June. it was 95 every day though…