The debate in my head

I need some opinions here. I am in full WDW trip planning mode for next summer. I have having trouble deciding what I want to do. I have done the math and one deal is cheaper, but the more expensive way (not by much) is EASIER…easier is some time better.

Option #1: Rent points and get EVERYTHING seperately. This is a cheaper way to go, but harder for me as I am saving for everything at once. I have a year to slowly pay this trip off.

Option #2: Get a package with WDW and more than likely get free DDP. I can have everything neatly in a package and pay it when I can instead of getting stuck and trying to do it all seperately.

I will save a few hundred with renting points, but could also save that same thing with the free DDP. If I book the package, I will stay at POFQ and if not, I will stay at SSR. Of course the resort is nicer with points, but POFQ is our favorite otherwise, so that’s no big. We are one the DTD boatway regardless so that’s covered no matter which way we do it. The transportation isn’t better at either place, so that doesn’t even factor in. Food options are the same as far as I am concerned too. We LOVe POFQ’s food court and had no issues with SSR either.

I am leaning toward the package only for the simplicity of it. I like the idea of having the entire trip (excluding spending money and airfare) in one for easy payments. Thoughts??

It sounds to me you already know what you want - Easy.

That is a tough one. If you are as busy as I am–and I am sure you are raising a teenager–and you can afford the extra couple of hundred, then I would say go for the package. Then, it is all booked and you can make payments to one place until it is paid for. I usually book everything at once and pay for it. This year due to several unexpected circumstances, I am having to buy the components of our trip in pieces and it is a huge pain. I wanted to buy our park tickets this week and DH said do you have all of the money in the Disney savings account to cover those./ I was $200 short which could have easily been covered and repayed from the checking account, but he won’t let me buy them until I have the money saved. Long story short, it is frustrating having to pay for each piece individually and keeping up with what you have bought and need to buy, so if you can seing it go for a little convenience. I have found it is sometimes better to pay a little more and make life easier.

What is the old saying? Time is money and money is time. While I was going to school my philosophy was I have more money than time, so if I can save some time by spending a bit more that is ok with me.

[QUOTE=Pooh Fan;981581]That is a tough one. If you are as busy as I am–and I am sure you are raising a teenager–and you can afford the extra couple of hundred, then I would say go for the package. Then, it is all booked and you can make payments to one place until it is paid for. I usually book everything at once and pay for it. This year due to several unexpected circumstances, I am having to buy the components of our trip in pieces and it is a huge pain. I wanted to buy our park tickets this week and DH said do you have all of the money in the Disney savings account to cover those./ I was $200 short which could have easily been covered and repayed from the checking account, but he won’t let me buy them until I have the money saved. Long story short, it is frustrating having to pay for each piece individually and keeping up with what you have bought and need to buy, so if you can seing it go for a little convenience. I have found it is sometimes better to pay a little more and make life easier.

What is the old saying? Time is money and money is time. While I was going to school my philosophy was I have more money than time, so if I can save some time by spending a bit more that is ok with me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I get the money is time thing. I have so much going on at work…I’m hardly here any more. It may just be easier to buy the package…they few hundred I could save is what is making it a harder choice than necessary.:laugh:

I agree! Sounds like you want POFQ. I know how hard you work for vacations every year so you may as well make it what you want or you’ll just be dissapointed.

Dana, make it easy on yourself… it sounds like your pros and cons balance the two options out perfectly. I’d do POFQ for the simplicity. Plus, I love those beignets!

I definitely vote for the easy. If you want to justify…all the stress of having things broken down in lots of little pieces that you have to deal with is not good on the human body. Too much stress in today’s world. Less stress is always better. That way you have more time to enjoy the little bits of free time you get. :laugh:

POFQ! Easy! :happy:

Yup, POFQ. Its worth the extra money.

I’m the cheapest person in the world, but I’d say POFQ. Aside from possible discounts in the future, you also have 45 days out to cancel if need be. Depending on who you rent from you may lose some money at that point. I have never been to either resort but it sounds like SSR is a much bigger resort. If you’re using the DDP, it might be a pain in the neck to use your credits. My DS spent his honeymoon there and that was his complaint.

I go with easy. You already have enough stress in your life what with your job, so reward yourself. Take the package and then lay back and start having fun planning. Oh, and let us know what those plans are. :happy:

Go with the package at POFQ! As much as I love SSR, POR is still an amazing resort, and having DDP is a huge decision aker for us! Easier is always better, you can spend more time planning and looking forward to the trip instead of having to fret about getting seperate things sorted and money moving about all over the place!

Thanks for making this easier for me guys. I had to have someone justify the extra money…:laugh:I love both resorts…have no complaints about my stay at SSR (loved it there actually), but I just have to go for simple this time and there is nothing more simple then doing it yourself.:heart: Again, many thanks for letting me let myself make the choice I wanted.:laugh:

Yep…POFQ!!!

Decisions Decisions…
I voted for option 2, the POFQ package. My reason is that you rented points the last time, so change it up, and get the package this time.

I agree with everyone else-go for easy and book POFQ! Sometimes it is just not worth the headache:pinch:

I voted easier, but if you don’t get free dining, I would probably go to cheaper!

lol. that was absolutely no help, I know!

If its only a little cheaper go for the easier.

Plus PORFQ is our favorite!

[QUOTE=Caseys Corner;981788]If its only a little cheaper go for the easier.

Plus PORFQ is our favorite![/QUOTE]

Yup…mine too. I like AKL more, but would rather have more nights than the deluxe resort…lol Hard decision, but POFQ is close enough to that deluxe feeling…lol Yeah, going with easier. Thanks to all for their comments.

We love AKL more but thats alot more but worth it. :laugh::laugh: