The disney Haunted Mansion

Hi Everyone, in effort to have a “scary” halloween hause, my family has spent the past 20 something years buying odities and what not to completley transform the house. about 5 years ago I got the idea of making my dedication to disney. What I am doing right now is doing a corner of my living room to look like Madame Leota’s room. Now if you rememberthe room correctly there are instrments “floating” around behind the buggies. And here is where I need y’all help! What is floating? So far I have a tamborine, a horn, a fiddle and a bell. What else do I need? pPPPLLEEASSEEE help! :slight_smile:

I suppose one day I should probably put some pictures up to show what I’ve been doing. lol

My DD thinks a triangle ( the musical triangle) a Lute? and she says its a round shape horn, rather than bugle horn! Sounds good fun, and I for one would love to see the finished results please.

I knew I could count on your dixie for a response! :smiley:

you may be right… man i wish i wrote it down when i went in june! :frowning:

I just checked out You Tube to see if there was a video showing the instruments- there is the Madame Leota speech in the globe but nothing else- you can hear the music, but not see it.

[QUOTE=tiffanytaylor;1053612]I knew I could count on your dixie for a response! :smiley:

you may be right… man i wish i wrote it down when i went in june! :-([/QUOTE]

:heart::heart::heart::heart:

Yeah, tried that too. But since all my disney books are packed away for the “holidays” i cant take out the haunted mansion one to look :frowning: grrr… How can I be so grumpy when looking at Disney stuff?! lol

and DH says cymbals???

some of my research shows that symbols and harp might be there as well as a drum.

Tambourine as well…as the line goes:
“Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat/Call in the spirits, wherever they’re at./Rap on a table, it’s time to respond/Send us a message from somewhere beyond./Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween/Awaken the spirits with your tambourine./Creepies and crawlies, toads in a pond/Let there be music from regions beyond./Wizards and witches wherever you dwell/Give us a hint by ringing a bell.”

[QUOTE=Grumpy_Medic;1053636]Tambourine as well…as the line goes:
“Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat/Call in the spirits, wherever they’re at./Rap on a table, it’s time to respond/Send us a message from somewhere beyond./Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween/Awaken the spirits with your tambourine./Creepies and crawlies, toads in a pond/Let there be music from regions beyond./Wizards and witches wherever you dwell/Give us a hint by ringing a bell.”[/QUOTE]

:laugh: I guess you’ve done that ride quite a few times huh???:laugh::heart:

I’d love to see pics!

I’d like to see pics too. That would be a good thread. Post pictures of your Disney themed decor. Hummm…

Ditto…I want to see pics also.

ok guys remember it’s not fully done but it’s what i did so far. Questions? comments? concerns? Let me know what you think. My house is crazy for halloween. It takes about 3 days for us to put it all up on the inside. Outside takes about a day. If anyone wants to see further pictures. Please let me know. double click on the pics I have added some details in each one.

disney house pictures by mrs_kennedy - Photobucket

How about a floating unopened Beer Bottle … Whooooooooooo
… That’s a scary site around my house! One you’ll rarely see !!! :eek:

Once or twice. hee hee:blush::mickey:

[QUOTE=WALL;1053805]How about a floating unopened Beer Bottle … Whooooooooooo
… That’s a scary site around my house! One you’ll rarely see !!! :eek:[/QUOTE]

maybe that will be in my priates section. I’ll work on it for next year :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=WALL;1053805]How about a floating unopened Beer Bottle … Whooooooooooo
… That’s a scary site around my house! One you’ll rarely see !!! :eek:[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh:WALL!!!:closedeye

You can see that take a lot of time to put up. Good job.

wait till christmas you have to see my art as a child. it involves REALLY bad spelling and Mickey! :-):mickey: