The Disney Magic…goes Mobile!

Just got this in an email:

COOL!! :heart:

Now you can check attraction wait times, FASTPASS® return times for the Park you are in AND find out where characters are with GPS-enabled maps…all with Mobile Magic! All you need to do is [B]text Magic to 2777[/B] to get the application sent straight to your Verizon Wireless phone.

Message and data rates may apply. Coverage not available everywhere. Upon purchasing Mobile Magic, you will be charged $9.99 on your Verizon Wireless phone bill and have access for 180 days. Coverage not available everywhere. Availability subject to handset limitations. If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permission first.

Ouch! $9.99 for 6 months??? that is craZY! Cool app though…

Yeah, it is pretty expensive. I love it! Fun to check even when not at WDW.

I would be tempted, but I think that you should own it for $10… forever… I would want to check it at Christmas so I could see what the wait times were, etc…

awesome but pricey… but still cool!!!

Is this for any type of phone or just smartphones?

I agreed with everyone cool, but too much $$$. It should be part of a package.

Any idea what phones work with this? Last I read about it, it didn’t include blackberrys, which seems ridiculous to me. My dh and I considered trying it in December when it first started, but I have a blackberry and I know it would have been a pain to put it on his phone because I would be the one wanting to use it.

My sister and B-I-L tried to do this on their last trip. They couldn’t get it to work even though their phone was listed as compatable. When they tried to resolve the problems while at WDW, most of the CM’s didn’t know anything about it. Some had not even heard of it. It sounds like a great idea but I’m not sure if it is ready.

We heard about this a few months ago and heard that it was still new and not up and running with most phones yet. I’m curious if anyone has actually been able to make use of it? I would purchase it in a minute if I knew it would work on my phone.

There are free apps for the iPhone(not sure about other services) that are for wait times at Disneyland or WDW. It’s not as detailed as the one Mickeysgirlz mentions…but it’s free:happy: We’ve found them to be pretty accurate:happy:

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1011878]Just got this in an email:

COOL!! :heart:

Now you can check attraction wait times, FASTPASS® return times for the Park you are in AND find out where characters are with GPS-enabled maps…all with Mobile Magic! All you need to do is text Magic to 2777 to get the application sent straight to your Verizon Wireless phone.

Message and data rates may apply. Coverage not available everywhere. Upon purchasing Mobile Magic, you will be charged $9.99 on your Verizon Wireless phone bill and have access for 180 days. Coverage not available everywhere. Availability subject to handset limitations. If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permission first.

[/QUOTE]

Ok just caugh this, ‘Coverage not available everywhere’ WHAT??? It’s only for WDW and it’s not sure if you’ll get coverage, at WDW???
Does anyone else get what I mean?

Yep no blackberries, I got a message my phone was not. :pinch:

well firstly my opinion on this is ok, so initially it sounds good and you think WOW! Being able to find that info out on your phone but seriously…you can all that it states simply by walking to the info desks at the parks?! or am I wrong?
If I want to know where a character is…ill go ask at guest services…If I want to know what time a show is on or ride wait times…Ill go check the message boards at the parks. Isn’t this feature just the height of laziness??
As for the cost I don’t think 10 dollars is too bad if it something you really think you will use/need. If I deemed it a thing that I would like and use then even if I could only use it for one vacation I would pay it. What’s 10 dollars? Currency conversions aside an all that…if I had a WDW in the UK and this was available to me in th UK I would still spend £10 sterling. I could blow over $10 on a round of sprite for my family!

I digress though…the fact is…for something you can’t get on every handset, or even be guaranteed coverage then it gets a big thumbs down and a raspberry blown from me! LOL:laugh:

thanks for letting me know! I have an iphone and I downloaded them!!! thanks again!! :happy: