The Elusive "Birthday" Hidden Mickey

For those of you who weren’t aware, within Ariel’s Undsea Adventure line there is a spot where Imagineers have placed an incredible hidden Mickey. What makes it so unique? The sun has to hit the cave wall in just the right spot for it to appear in its entirety and correct form. And the sun will ONLY be in the correct spot for about one hour on ONLY one day of the year, being Nov. 18th, Mickey and Minnie’s birthday!

I went Sunday to the ride and found it. Not just a hidden Mickey, but also a Minnie to celebrate both of their birthdays! Can’t wait to see it again next year! I’ve attached two photos. Enjoy, and discuss!

[QUOTE=RowdyRAider;1125587]For those of you who weren’t aware, within Ariel’s Undsea Adventure line there is a spot where Imagineers have placed an incredible hidden Mickey. What makes it so unique? The sun has to hit the cave wall in just the right spot for it to appear in its entirety and correct form. And the sun will ONLY be in the correct spot for about one hour on ONLY one day of the year, being Nov. 18th, Mickey and Minnie’s birthday!

I went Sunday to the ride and found it. Not just a hidden Mickey, but also a Minnie to celebrate both of their birthdays! Can’t wait to see it again next year! I’ve attached two photos. Enjoy, and discuss![/QUOTE]

Awesome! How cool is that!!!

Wow, what a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

That is cool.

That is so awesome! Thank you for sharing it, Rowdy!:heart:

Seems a bit of a tease on one hand and an homage to artifacts like Stonehenge on the other.

Does that mean you can only see it on one day out of the year?

Wow that’s so cool! Lucky you Rowdy getting to see it! Fab photos too, thanks for sharing - really interesting

Not neccessarily. You might still be able to see a resemblance of it. However, the 18th is the only day the sun will be in the exact spot to make a perfect, non-distorted image.

Kind of like how Tom Hanks made his calendar in the cave in the movie Cast Away.

[QUOTE=RowdyRAider;1125623]
Kind of like how Tom Hanks made his calendar in the cave in the movie Cast Away.[/QUOTE]

I like my comparison to Stonehenge better.
Of course, there are also other ancient civilizations that built structures that marked their special dates using purposely aligned gaps that only allowed light to shine directly only on those special days.

In some ways, this seems really fitting for a place called Fantasyland.

That is very cool.

This is maybe the greatest tidbit of cool Disney creativity EVER!
(although I am still blown away by the underwater audio at AoA)…

Thanks so much for sharing. I can’t wait to act like a big fat know-it-all when I tell people about this!

That calls for sacrifices to the gods. Those people leading tour groups with flags perhaps? :laugh:

Well, if they’re descended from Mayans or Inca…
Yeah, I got no problem with that:cool: