The Great Movie Ride! Im watching them all!

Some of you think the great movie ride is SOOOOOO yesterday, but i dont!
Im watching every movie on the ride! So far i have watched the following:

Casablanca,Alien,The Public Enemy,Mary Poppins,Indiana Jones Raiders of The Lost Ark,Fantasia,and The Wizard Of Oz.

Im fixing to watch The Good The Bad And The Ugly, And Singin’ in the Rain
Tarzan and Jane,and a movie with the Zigfield Follies is unknown yet.

Wish Me Luck!

Haha, that is a great idea. There are some really wonderful movies on that ride.

Thanks! I know im only 11 but it doesnt mean i cant love movies as old as these!

BTW i haven’t been on in a month how are ya Dopey?

I don’t know what happened, but I just tried to post and got a message telling me this was an invalid thread and then I lost my original post.
Anyway, don’t forget movies like Citizen Kane, 2001 A Space Odyssey, Doctor Strangelove, The Great Escape and a whole bunch of other movies that didn’t make the ride.

Good idea! Dave and I have started trying to watch all the AFI Top 100. We’re giving ourselves all of 2009 to do it. We’ve actually watched about 20 since the 1st of the year!

My DD had Footlight Parade starring James Cagney on VHS this Christmas as we could not get it on DVD anywhere (not sure if it ever made it to DVD) she first saw this on GMR.
Your project sounds great fun though VinylmationMan let us know how it goes!
And yours too Bella, I will have to look at the list and see how many we’ve done already!

I’m still waiting for Song of the South on DVD!

There were two threads posted a few minutes apart, you must have been replying as the other thread was being deleted by a mod.

What an awesome idea! I am ashamed to admit, I haven’t seen a lot of the movies from that ride…mainly the old ones.

Bella, I love your idea! I think that is something I need to do! Where do you find the list??

I just had to check and see how many I’ve seen. 74 out of 100, not bad.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;944072]I don’t know what happened, but I just tried to post and got a message telling me this was an invalid thread and then I lost my original post.
Anyway, don’t forget movies like Citizen Kane, 2001 A Space Odyssey, Doctor Strangelove, The Great Escape and a whole bunch of other movies that didn’t make the ride.[/QUOTE]

There were 2 identical threads by vinylmationMan and I deleted the older one but it didn’t have a message posted. You’re posting and my deleting must have all happened at once. Sorry Doug.

I am fine VinylmationMan, how are you doing? :smile:

pffff… The Great Movie Ride was so 10 years ago. :rolleyes: :laugh: (jk)

What a great idea! Sounds like fun!!!

so…how are you getting on? What a cool idea! :happy:

Here is the list…AFI’s 100 Years… 100 Movies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
We had already seen a lot of them but we are re-watching them all. Netflix makes it really easy to do!

That list isn’t the best since it’s a little old but it’s basically the same.

No real damage done. No apology needed.
These things sometimes happen.

You could watch Funny Girl for the Follies. :slight_smile:

How fun! I love that attraction. That’s the first thing we do at MGM. It’s a family tradition. My sis and I have gotten some crazy looks for singing along (rather loudly, oops, we get excited) in the que.

If you want an older movie about the Follies, check out “The Great Zeigfeld.” It’s a great old movie and includes several of the old Follies stars, notable Fannie Brice who sings “My Man” in it. It’s great!!!

Ooo thats a really good idea! I love watching films, I really should keep a list somewhere!

TGAMR is the greatest ride… EVERRRR!

:smiley:

[QUOTE=iluvwdw;944127]What an awesome idea! I am ashamed to admit, I haven’t seen a lot of the movies from that ride…mainly the old ones.

Bella, I love your idea! I think that is something I need to do! Where do you find the list??[/QUOTE]

Ive done it so much ive memorized the ride @_@