The Greeting Trails

I just read that the AK character greeting trails will be eliminated? I really them :angry:
But I don’t know if this is just a rumor of what’s planned for realz. Does anyone here know?

[QUOTE=Dopey;1115538]I just read that the AK character greeting trails will be eliminated? I really them :angry:
But I don’t know if this is just a rumor of what’s planned for realz. Does anyone here know?[/QUOTE]

Well phooey. Why change a good thing? I thought that worked well…:huh:

I thought I read they were going inside (air conditioned). Is that location going to be the new Avatar Land?

Wait…Avatar land :huh:

Just wondering, where did you read this? I googled it and couldn’t find a thing.

I have to tell you all, the last time we were at WDW a cast member told DH and I that Avatar Land would be ready to go by the end of 2011!!:blink:
Clearly he did not know anything about how long construction, planning, etc., takes. I wanted to correct him but DH stopped me. I can be a little bad that way.
Anyway, I thought it was really funny when he told us that.

I personally can do without Avatar anything----but I am sure I am in the minority. Never seen the movie, never plan to. :mellow:

I hope that Dana is right and they are just moving the characters to inside somewhere instead of getting rid of the “greeting” all together.

I’m with you, I don’t have any interest in anything Avatar.

I wasn’t interested either, but saw it recently and was pleasantly surprised. I would recommend giving it a chance.

Here Nancy

Adam Roth’s 6/30/12 Animal Kingdom Photo Report | WDW News Today

You and me both. No interest. But knowing Disney, this could be visually very, very beautiful.

The rumors are true. The greeting trail at DAK is slowly being fazed out. In fact, Goofy’s is already gone. Camp Minnie-Mickey will be no more not too long from now.

…so if we aren’t going to “Lion King” there is no reason to go down that part of the park…:crying:…or are they building indoor character visiting places in the same area…:huh:

Wait. Festival of the Lion King is in Camp Minnie-Mickey! I think there needs to be some clarification here.

BTW, Avatar was a good film in that it was cutting edge technology a few years ago. I don’t see how WDW is going to create an entire “land” out of one movie–a non-Disney movie at that. It makes no sense.

Camp Minnie-Mickey gave us our best meet 'n greet photo ever 9 years ago!

[QUOTE=Cavey;1115591]Wait. Festival of the Lion King is in Camp Minnie-Mickey! I think there needs to be some clarification here.

BTW, Avatar was a good film in that it was cutting edge technology a few years ago. I don’t see how WDW is going to create an entire “land” out of one movie–a non-Disney movie at that. It makes no sense.[/QUOTE]

—I agree—a whole movie in one area—not just characters—where have they ever done that before—other movies have just had attractions about them but not a whole area----:pirate:

I am so glad that I did go down there once. I am never interested in character meets but one day we wandered down there and I found Goofy. He was all alone. I just had to go and make him feel loved :blush:

So now I am confused as to what will happen to the Lion King show. Will it close for good?

Great picture!!!

Yuck:blow: