The guide books

I have the Unoficial Guide 2009 and the Complete WDW Guide 2009 since we JUST went…is it worth it to shell out the money to get the 2010 guides?? And what are the coupons in the Birnbaum guide? Does anyone know?

I just upgraded to the Unofficial 2010 guide from my 2008. I haven’t spotted too much different between those, and yours is a year newer than mine.

However, upgrading would allow you to get the discounted membership to their website as well. So if you use their touring plans and crowd calculation calendars it may be worth it. If it’s just a reference tool, I don’t think I’d get it.

My free advice, but remember with free advice you get what you pay for.

I buy the unoffical every year…I’m nuts like that. I like to have the latest and greatest updates and since WDW changes every single year, so does the information. It’s definately worth getting the 2010 guide. As for Birnbaum’s, no. I don’t think it’s worth buying that one year after year.

[QUOTE=Big Al;1032441]I just upgraded to the Unofficial 2010 guide from my 2008. I haven’t spotted too much different between those, and yours is a year newer than mine.

However, upgrading would allow you to get the discounted membership to their website as well. So if you use their touring plans and crowd calculation calendars it may be worth it. If it’s just a reference tool, I don’t think I’d get it.

My free advice, but remember with free advice you get what you pay for.[/QUOTE]
You can also just subscribe to Walt Disney World — The Unofficial Guide / TouringPlans.com It’s Unofficial Guide’s website, and when you subscribe you get access to the crowd calendars, etc, and it’s a lot cheaper if you already have a fairly current guide book.

You can honestly just wait and get the 2011 version…it comes out in August. It’s good travel reading.

We always get the yearly Birnbaum Guide (Without Kids version)…really more for tradition…and to have a guidebook handy in our room at WDW…than looking for a wealth of new info.

Off topic - jerseymouse - the stitch avatar is icky:blow: I guessing that was what you were going for:laugh:

It worked!! Now I know someone actually reads my posts…whoda thunk it!!

the books are about the same, unless you use the coupons in the back it really did not have anything new from last year

Well thanx to swagbucks, I had $20 in Amazon gift cards, so I got both the complete guide for 2010 and the birnbaum. For only $8. So, really a good deal!