The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow

Who can tell me more info on The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow due to open Fall 2012 at Hollywood Studios :pirate:

what do they call Fall ? September?

what sort of experience will it be?

Thanks

[QUOTE=jimbo;1110457]Who can tell me more info on The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow due to open Fall 2012 at Hollywood Studios :pirate:

Thanks[/QUOTE]

—you prompted me to look—hadn’t heard anything about it yet but here is a link to some information.

“The Legend of Jack Sparrow” Opening This Fall at Disney’s Hollywood Studios | WDW News Today :pirate:

I would love to announce that the attraction will simply be the Captain (played by Johnny Depp in person) marrying me, over and over again, all day – after the wedding, we share a bottle of rum on a beautiful tropical isle!

… um, OK.

This only was announced in the last week or so, as far as I can tell. There are no web mentions of the attraction other than various references to this very vague blog post by Disney: The Legend Of Captain Jack Sparrow To Open At Disney?s Hollywood Studios This Fall Disney Parks Blog

The vague description may mean it is going to be an amazing ride, or perhaps a walking “experience” type exhibit. Can’t really tell. I hope it is a cool dark ride, or maybe a boat adventure.

First and best news will likely be on ABC channels, so stay tuned.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: that is so funny - anyway thanks to both of you for sharing - anyone with more news ?
And what about fall? When is the start of fall in USA

Fall is usually around labor day, which is around the first of September. The official dates for fall are usually later, like around the end of September, early October. In other words, not soon enough!

I hope it’s not a cheesy walk through like they had in that location where they had the Narnia walk through.
Before I blabb, maybe I should click smallworld’s link, huh? :laugh:

[QUOTE=Dopey;1110475]I hope it’s not a cheesy walk through like they had in that location where they had the Narnia walk through.
Before I blabb, maybe I should click smallworld’s link, huh? :laugh:[/QUOTE]

See what I mean? It totally could be just a walkthrough (pull a string and a cannon “shoots” an imaginary cannonball, look closely at costumes, read pages of scripts under glass…), which would be a huge missed opportunity for WDW!

Plus, it wouldn’t hurt HS to get another big ride.:pirate:

[QUOTE=Dopey;1110475]I hope it’s not a cheesy walk through like they had in that location where they had the Narnia walk through.
Before I blabb, maybe I should click smallworld’s link, huh? :laugh:[/QUOTE]

…Narnia was a waste of a good day at Disney…and my daughter lovessss the stories…Just wasn’t much to it…could have made it better I think…

And all the while Tom Waits’ “(I’m In Love With A) Jersey Girl” plays in the background?:pirate::laugh::blush:

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1110477]
Plus, it wouldn’t hurt HS to get another big ride.:pirate:[/QUOTE]

You are so right about that!
I think there’s a total of 5 real rides in DHS.
That’s seriously lacking, no matter how many shows the have running all day long. (Indy, B&TB, AmIdol, and Fantasmic)

This is being advertised and a “walk through”…I’ll spare judgement or opinion until I have seen it or everyone else hates it.:laugh: Fall is early September from what I have read online.

We skipped the second Narnia walkthrough after experiencing the first. Not worth the wait!

But…I’m not a fan of a PotC attraction outside of AdventureLand. Call me sentimental, but that’s where it belongs. Why not do something from a Pixar film that is not Toy Story or Finding Nemo? Oooo…they could do a John Carter attraction!!!

We skipped the second Narnia walkthrough after experiencing the first. Not worth the wait!

But…I’m not a fan of a PotC attraction outside of AdventureLand. Call me sentimental, but that’s where it belongs. Why not do something from a Pixar film that is not Toy Story or Finding Nemo? Oooo…they could do a John Carter attraction!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh: noooooo

But I agree with you. Pirates do not belong into HS.

Well if they did that maybe a few more people would figure out who he is and go see the movie…then again maybe not.

The 101 Dalmations walk thru was ok, but that was the last one we went to. If felt like going to a museum and we do enough of that when we go downtown Chicago.

-Harry

Thanks for that - and I agree with you . Not soon enough
I sometimes fell Disney are now trying to play catch up with the other parks opening new attractions. Hollywood studios would be a fantastic place to expand a new themed area like avengers

[QUOTE=Cavey;1110527]We skipped the second Narnia walkthrough after experiencing the first. Not worth the wait!

But…I’m not a fan of a PotC attraction outside of AdventureLand. Call me sentimental, but that’s where it belongs.[/QUOTE]

I also agree. It just seems wrong outside of Adventureland.

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1110553]Well if they did that maybe a few more people would figure out who he is and go see the movie…then again maybe not.

-Harry[/QUOTE]

Or maybe they should have concentrated more on the fact that John Carter came from the mind of Tarzan’s creator and less on how John Carter was the “first sci fi movie hero”. Seriously, they needed to capitalize on the Edgar Rice Bourroughs angle.
Good thing The Avengers is covering its own costs and the loss of John Carter and still turning a princely profit.

I’m with you there on both counts.

[QUOTE=jimbo;1110457]Who can tell me more info on The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow due to open Fall 2012 at Hollywood Studios :pirate:

Thanks[/QUOTE]
Hi I found this on WDWNEWS.com

The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow (Late 2012) – The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow debuts this fall at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., giving Walt Disney World Resort guests a chance to become immersed in the world of the four “Pirates of the Caribbean” films. Aspiring pirates will experience the story of Jack Sparrow like never before to discover if they have what it takes to join Captain Jack’s crew. The attraction will be included with theme park admission and will be located in Soundstage 4, former space of Journey Into Narnia: Prince Caspian.